Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Old Mar 29th 2014, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

I'm starting end of June so flying over end of May. 63 days and counting!!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2014, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

stuartt0908 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Irishcop
I'm starting end of June so flying over end of May. 63 days and counting!!!!!
Must be an amazing feeling. Hopefully you'll be able to keep those of us who are applying this time up to date as you go through the move.

All the very best when the time comes.

Stu.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you and yes I'm more than happy to help because I was very grateful of any help I was given
Old Mar 29th 2014, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Silverman2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Irish cop

Well done, you must me made up, was just wondering how long the process has taken for you? How long has it been since you passed the immigration side of things?? Cheers
Old Mar 29th 2014, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

There was a slight wee delay on my visa because there was a duplicate of something that wasn't picked up on their end. When I say delay I still got my visa granted within the month. The process as a whole is fairly fast. I submitted my application in May last year and if my visa hadn't been delayed I would have been in the same course as HB!
Old Mar 30th 2014, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

And not a day goes by I don't curse the Visa Gods aloud.
HB
Old Mar 30th 2014, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

foggy balla is an unknown quantity at this point

Right that's the application done. The two statements written, rewritten, double checked, amended, added to, rewritten again...... and finally done. Be sent as soon as my neighbour can do the needful and scan for me. Hopefully tomorrow. One mouse click away from the first little step down the path.
Old Mar 30th 2014, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Sparky874 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's my application about done also! A smiling, happy passport photo and i'm all set!

It's not been a good week for the application, upto my eyes trying to get my diploma essays done! Never mind, it'll hopefully not be required in the end!
Old Mar 31st 2014, 12:34 pm
Ozzie dreamin'

random bird is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone help with what the process is for schools? If we are lucky enough to be successful I was just wondering if applying for school places would be something to look into before going over or arrange once you are over there? My only real concern would be getting my son into a school whilst husband is in training but then having to relocate again once posted to station?! I would be grateful if anyone has any experience with this
Old Mar 31st 2014, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

foggy balla is an unknown quantity at this point

Random Bird. If (and a big If at this early stage I suppose!) myself and mine get the yes vote, we will also have to look at this as we've two little uns of primary school age. Our thoughts at the moment, without looking too far ahead of ourselves, would be for me to go on ahead and for the family to come on out after I've finished training and know whereabouts I'm stationed. The idea being that the short term pain of a few months separation will be offset by some stability for her and the kids straight upon arrival for them. Longer term rental, car, knowing what area they're in for looking at schools etc.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Saxon89 is an unknown quantity at this point

New recruiting
Old Mar 31st 2014, 2:39 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of
Smile Re: WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Originally Posted by random bird
Can anyone help with what the process is for schools? If we are lucky enough to be successful I was just wondering if applying for school places would be something to look into before going over or arrange once you are over there? My only real concern would be getting my son into a school whilst husband is in training but then having to relocate again once posted to station?! I would be grateful if anyone has any experience with this
Hi.
You will probably get a comprehensive answer if you post on the main forum.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pincher
Hi.
Can you post a link to that forum please Pincher, or anyone else?

Stu.

Last edited by stuartt0908; Mar 31st 2014 at 5:23 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pincher
Hi.
Just looking at your time line there Pincher, why so long for Visa application? Is that normal?

Are you serving as a cop in WA now?

Stu.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 5:41 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Hi.
Re the link. Just go to the main Australia forum and post what you want to know there. Plenty of really good peeps with loads of good, helpful advice.

It took 8 months for my visa as I am privileged to be married to an Ozzie and that was for a spouse visa. From looking at previous posts, if you're successful for the relevant work visa the process takes around a month.

Not serving in WAPol yet. I missed out on the summer campaign, so when my visa was granted in October I applied under the Lateral entry scheme. I went out in Feb and passed the selection process. I THINK I'm through and waiting for a start date but WAPol aren't giving anything away. Just sitting tight at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.