Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Old Mar 28th 2014, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Hey to all the newbies just thought I'd drop by and say hello! I see Harry has been in sharing his wisdom with yas already. I'm in same position as HB, same campaign as him and held his little hand through all the stressful times I'm due to start in the academy end of June so I've plenty of time on my hands these days if anyone is looking and advice!
Old Mar 28th 2014, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

stuartt0908 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Messy82
Thanks Stu. Did you manage to correctly put into paragraphs? It feels like I don't even have space to do that, and my writing is pretty small! I really don't feel like have a chance to waffle in what I am writing.

I have managed to hit most competencies, but they aren't forced in and have even left a few out.
No probs Messy,

Yeah I paragraphed, amended examples from forms I have completed so they were about 150-200 words each, would say they comprised about half of the statement. Not good to reflect too much, I was happy with mine before sending but starting to think of things I might have missed!

Best of luck with yours.

Stu.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Irishcop
Hey to all the newbies just thought I'd drop by and say hello! I see Harry has been in sharing his wisdom with yas already. I'm in same position as HB, same campaign as him and held his little hand through all the stressful times I'm due to start in the academy end of June so I've plenty of time on my hands these days if anyone is looking and advice!
Thanks for dropping by Irishcop,

All advice and information gratefully accepted. You say you were on the same campaign as HB, know he starts on Monday so assume the intakes are well staggered? Did you find out at the same time that you had been successful?

Stu.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 12:01 am
Just Joined

Fillgoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to all who have got through the process the last time, Harry/IrishCop I have had a wee look renting places should I go through the process, Are you able to help me with what your rough outgoings are going to be per month? I know I am jumping ahead of myself just thinking everything over! Thanks
Old Mar 29th 2014, 3:14 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fillgoose
Congrats to all who have got through the process the last time, Harry/IrishCop I have had a wee look renting places should I go through the process, Are you able to help me with what your rough outgoings are going to be per month? I know I am jumping ahead of myself just thinking everything over! Thanks
You can get an idea of general cost of living in the main Australian forum - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54 but everyone is different the same as in the UK and usually the more you earn, the more you spend.

Realestate.com.au will give you an idea of rental costs, Coles or Woolworths will give you supermarket food prices.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

A very helpful colleague made a spreadsheet of Fortnightly outgoings based on a 5th year salary whilst training.

I won't post the whole lot but after paying rent$450/week, car$200/fortnight and everything else ( gas, levy, water insurances, petrol, food etc)you have just shy of $300 left per fortnight.
Once you leave academy and start shifts add on another $200 - $400 per fortnight for shift penalties.

It's a guide only but not too far of the mark.
Hope it helps

HB
Old Mar 29th 2014, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
A very helpful colleague made a spreadsheet of Fortnightly outgoings based on a 5th year salary whilst training.

I won't post the whole lot but after paying rent$450/week, car$200/fortnight and everything else ( gas, levy, water insurances, petrol, food etc)you have just shy of $300 left per fortnight.
Once you leave academy and start shifts add on another $200 - $400 per fortnight for shift penalties.

It's a guide only but not too far of the mark.
Hope it helps

HB
Although in saying that, the spread sheet was for him his wife and two young kids. I'm going out alone so roughly based on his spread sheet I had not far off $800 spare a fortnight!

Yeah Stu the courses are quite staggered, HB in march, I'm end of June, there's one in August and one in October!
Old Mar 29th 2014, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Davis2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you choose which course is best for you or just given a date?
Old Mar 29th 2014, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Irish you'll need every cent of that $800 to buy me all the beers you owe me for dragging you through

Davis they will offer start dates. You can put them off but you run the risk of courses filling up and having to wait.
Best advice is start planning now for a first quarter move in 2015. And save like ****. It's an expensive process. Anything else give us a shout.
HB
Old Mar 29th 2014, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
Irish you'll need every cent of that $800 to buy me all the beers you owe me for dragging you through

Davis they will offer start dates. You can put them off but you run the risk of courses filling up and having to wait.
Best advice is start planning now for a first quarter move in 2015. And save like ****. It's an expensive process. Anything else give us a shout.
HB
HB let's not have a domestic infront of the rest of the guys. Beers are on u, we already discussed this, did u forget?!
Old Mar 29th 2014, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

I'm old Irish. I forget easily. You, on the other hand, claim to be young. So you have no excuse. The beers are on you.
HB
(PS - hijack 😃)
Old Mar 29th 2014, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

I'll buy u a soft drink, I'm off the booze for life now! These folk will learn the way of hijacks if they are lucky enough!
Old Mar 29th 2014, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

I'll buy u a soft drink, I'm off the booze for life now! These folk will learn the way of hijacks if they are lucky enough!
Hijacks? Enlighten me!

Stu.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stuartt0908
Hijacks? Enlighten me!

Stu.
Going through the process and getting to know each other through this forum and a fb page set up for us we all do a fair bit of slagging. HB came up with the 5 post rule. Of someone asks a serious question then u have 5 replies to get an answer then it's fair game!
Old Mar 29th 2014, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Going through the process and getting to know each other through this forum and a fb page set up for us we all do a fair bit of slagging. HB came up with the 5 post rule. Of someone asks a serious question then u have 5 replies to get an answer then it's fair game!
Ah, I see.

When are you heading over Irish?

Stu.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.