Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Old Mar 28th 2014, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Davis2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Originally Posted by jim2001
Just double checking application is getting scanned today, what I done was print the app of and complete the whole thing in my own handwriting then scan it back into computer PDF form ready for email.

Is this correct?
That's what my husband did too :-)
Old Mar 28th 2014, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Fillgoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jim2001
Just double checking application is getting scanned today, what I done was print the app of and complete the whole thing in my own handwriting then scan it back into computer PDF form ready for email.

Is this correct?
Yes I believe that is what they want, what did you use as proof of service etc? In my work we have everything on SCOPE, I'm going to print it off and send that also. Has anyone got anything from their hr dept to send?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

stuartt0908 is an unknown quantity at this point

I requested all documents from HR but was told they would only be issues on written request from prospective employer.

Printed what was available from SCOPE and provided contact details for HR.

Stu.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Tigre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by foggy balla
I've all done and scanned, except for the two written statements. Every time I read them they end up getting tweaked a little! Final draft going to be written up over the weekend and that's final! Plan to email the application early next week. Only one issue. They ask for passport sized photo. When it's scanned into PDF it comes out dreadful. Any tips or is it my scanner or scanner settings?
I colour photocopied my passport photo, then scanned the copy, it came out fine. Hope that helps x
Old Mar 28th 2014, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Redcap5517 is an unknown quantity at this point

SCOPE? Is this a mass exodus from the.shining example.that is PSoS lol
Old Mar 28th 2014, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Redcap5517
Hard as it is to believe, given the tropical climate, economic buoyancy and general good will at this time, I, for one, will be off given half the chance!

Stu.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

josh8239 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick question, did you submit your applications as one PDF with supporting documents? Or did you send applications as one PDF and each supporting document individually?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by josh8239
Just a quick question, did you submit your applications as one PDF with supporting documents? Or did you send applications as one PDF and each supporting document individually?
I did mine as one PDF, cover sheet, followed by supporting documents then application.

Stu.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Fillgoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Redcap5517
It sure is.... At least the weather in Oz is similar to Scotland..........
Old Mar 28th 2014, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Messy82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys! I have been searching the site and the net already, but cant really seem to find much advice on the behavioral statement part of the application.

I was just wondering how many examples people have been putting down. After thinking about it loads I have picked three examples. But after writing a brief history of my service and experience, I can only seem to write two examples on the two pages allowed. Trying to fit in the 22 job dimensions and the capabilities into my answers is proving very page filling! Even after drafting it a couple of times.

Its starting to make the old application form for the job look easy, as it was more structured around the competencies needed.

Any advice would be great.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Messy82
Hi guys! I have been searching the site and the net already, but cant really seem to find much advice on the behavioral statement part of the application.

I was just wondering how many examples people have been putting down. After thinking about it loads I have picked three examples. But after writing a brief history of my service and experience, I can only seem to write two examples on the two pages allowed. Trying to fit in the 22 job dimensions and the capabilities into my answers is proving very page filling! Even after drafting it a couple of times.

Its starting to make the old application form for the job look easy, as it was more structured around the competencies needed.

Any advice would be great.
Hi Messy,

I personally managed 3 examples, along with a brief synopsis of service and relevant skills etc.

Don't think, realistically, you could cover all competencies in the suggested space? Mine amounted to exactly 2 pages.

Stu.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Silverman2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Application emailed....let the waiting begin. Looking at last years thread there was 800 applications for 250 places for the assessments. Competition seems to be very tough!
Old Mar 28th 2014, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Have just sent my app Silverman, do you know if they send a automatic email back?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Silverman2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I received a automatic one back stating applicants will hear by 20th April.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Messy82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Stu. Did you manage to correctly put into paragraphs? It feels like I don't even have space to do that, and my writing is pretty small! I really don't feel like have a chance to waffle in what I am writing.

I have managed to hit most competencies, but they aren't forced in and have even left a few out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.