Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Old Mar 27th 2014, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Jo72130 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Hi all

I'm back! I applied in 2012 and got through to the very end and pulled out at visa stage due to personal circumstances.. All I've thought about every day since is that I made the biggest mistake of my life! I've regretted it every day since so I'm an extremely pleased they are recruiting again! Hoping to get my app in tomorrow but if anybody has any Q's I have completed the whole process before so ask away!

I'm a Cardiff girl living in Essex looking for the sun!

:-)
Old Mar 27th 2014, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Silverman2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Jo72130;11192940]Hi all

I'm back! I applied in 2012 and got through to the very end and pulled out at visa stage due to personal circumstances.. All I've thought about every day since is that I made the biggest mistake of my life! I've regretted it every day since so I'm an extremely pleased they are recruiting again! Hoping to get my app in tomorrow but if anybody has any Q's I have completed the whole process before so ask away!

I'm a Cardiff girl living in Essex looking for the sun!

:-)

Hi Jo

Well done on deciding to apply again, this is the first time I'm applying, hoping to send my application tomorrow.
I maybe looking too far ahead but did you have any particular reading material to prepare for the PEE? Is it as hard as everyone makes out?

Cheers,I may have some more q's for you as the process continues so be prepared!! Lol!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

No problem I know how terrified we all were last time and all pushed each other along

No I didn't buy anything in particular I did a lot of the ones provided on the step forward site though.

I almost didn't post as I am so nervous of not passing the paper sift that I didn't want to see everybody race ahead of me living my dream but then I thought that was silly and I needed to "man up" haha
Old Mar 27th 2014, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Ok good to know, are the practice questions still on the step forward website after having a look couldn't see any??

It certainly is a daunting prospect and this is the very early stages, if I'm successful through the stages I can imagine a few sleepless nights ahead!

Are you planning on doing the move alone or bringing family with you?
Old Mar 27th 2014, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

I haven't looked for them this time but it's quite possible that they didn't put them on there until after the paper sift it can't remember.. I'm sure they will put examples up again I'll take a look in a sec..

Nope be moving alone, left all my family 6.5 years ago to move to Essex to join up so now wanting to go that one step further! I pulled out last time as my other half didn't want to go but oz has won my love so he's gone and oz is in!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

The website has changed and I can't see it on there now either.. I suspect something will go on there though maybe after 6th April
Old Mar 27th 2014, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Cool, I'll keep an eye out for it.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

stuartt0908 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, that's it. Application completed, scanned, sent and confirmation email received. The sleepless nights have started already!

Confirmation of getting through the paper sift or not will be sent by 20th April. Going to be hard to get by between now and then with everything crossed!!

Stu.

Last edited by stuartt0908; Mar 28th 2014 at 7:25 am.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Get used to it mate. Because the waiting only gets harder from here on.

HB
Old Mar 28th 2014, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Morning HB,

Or evening for you! How'd everything go?

It's all consuming, can't think about anything else!

Stu.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Emailed mine off yesterday as well!! Eeeek! Watching wanted down under as I type!!
Old Mar 28th 2014, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

foggy balla is an unknown quantity at this point

I've all done and scanned, except for the two written statements. Every time I read them they end up getting tweaked a little! Final draft going to be written up over the weekend and that's final! Plan to email the application early next week. Only one issue. They ask for passport sized photo. When it's scanned into PDF it comes out dreadful. Any tips or is it my scanner or scanner settings?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Mine went in dreadful!! Not an expert by any means but I scanned it as a JPEG, cut and pasted it into a word document and saved that as a PDF. Was a bit worried about the size of the file but it attached and sent at the 1st time of trying.

Stu.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Davis2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

My husband sent his application off this week too, I am already checking emails constantly! If all goes well we will be moving out with our 2 children who are 3 years and 8 months.

For those that are moving out this year and have children, are you all moving out together or have you decided to go once training is completed? Also when do you find out where you will be posted?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Just double checking application is getting scanned today, what I done was print the app of and complete the whole thing in my own handwriting then scan it back into computer PDF form ready for email.

Is this correct?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.