British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Wapol fitness test (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/wapol-fitness-test-841984/)

Hm204 Aug 28th 2014 5:37 pm

Wapol fitness test

Hi guys I have my fitness test for wapol in 10 days, I need to do 5 push ups but am struggling. Has anyone got any ideas? Thanks guys

notbrazil Aug 29th 2014 1:25 pm

Re: Wapol fitness test

My friend, I've never done the WAPOL test but my force does a similar agility-type tests along with a strength test. Sorry to say but if you are struggling to do five push ups you may well struggle with the rest of the test, and ten days is not enough to build up muscle with weight training. There isn't much of a 'strategy' with push ups either.

You could try doing bicep curls with a weight to try and invigorate your arm muscles, but other than that, I suggest you get practicing push ups and hope for the best. Out of interest, how are you doing with the 'Police sit up'? To me, that looks like the hardest part of the test.

Lobsta28 Aug 30th 2014 8:37 am

I'd suggest literally every opportunity you have , practise! Don't ever think 'I can't' it's mind over matter sometimes, genuinely, good luck x

katmuirhead Aug 31st 2014 2:42 pm

Practise, practise, practise! It's about arms Amd chest so try bench presses with a spotter until you feel confident. If you want it enough, your be fine :thumbsup:

Got my interview and fitness tomorrow! 24hrs and I'll be back playing the waiting game!

Good luck x

Lobsta28 Aug 31st 2014 4:24 pm

Good luck Katmuirhead! X

stewie_griffin Aug 31st 2014 4:50 pm

5 push ups doesn't sound like a lot. Do you mean you have to do 5 more than you're doing now, or you just have to do 5 in total?

katmuirhead Aug 31st 2014 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Lobsta28 (Post 11388067)
Good luck Katmuirhead! X

Thank you! :unsure:

Lividave Sep 1st 2014 7:35 pm

Don't be to disheartened, on the day when the adrenalin is surging and transfers into your muscles this will help. But in the meantime work on chest exercises, chest press - incline and decline as well as obviously press ups.

Hope it went well today Katmuirhead.

Lobsta28 Sep 1st 2014 8:03 pm

Has anyone done this, not looking for pointers, just really wondering how they fit it in all in one day and what to expect from info sessions? Any helpful info on getting from A to B and anything that will help steady nerves? X

Razyy Sep 3rd 2014 4:55 pm

For the OP - the best thing to do is do as many as you can in the normal position then drop to your knees and continue with as many more as you can do. This will improve your number because you will build most your strength from when it hurts the most so you need to push through it!!

notbrazil Sep 3rd 2014 6:58 pm

OP didn't come back. Unfortunate.

old.sparkles Sep 4th 2014 10:01 am

Originally Posted by notbrazil (Post 11391562)
OP didn't come back. Unfortunate.

Perhaps because fitness test is now 4 days away.

Good luck with the press ups (and the sit up, agility, etc :lol:)

Lobsta28 Sep 9th 2014 7:11 pm

Can anyone clarify, for the sit up, is it a pass if heels remain on the floor? Looks like that on the video but not sure? Sanyone know the rules? Thanks

Adamfrancis Sep 10th 2014 4:26 pm

Yes, along as the heels remain on the floor it's all good.

Lobsta28 Sep 10th 2014 9:03 pm

Thanks adamfrancis x