Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL Applications Now Open!

WAPOL Applications Now Open!

Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Greebo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WAPOL Applications Now Open!

UNITED KINGDOM & IRELAND APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!

The Western Australia Police (WAPOL) is now accepting recruitment applications from current serving police officers (ONLY) in the United Kingdom and Ireland.

Western Australia Police (WAPOL) will be conducting a recruitment drive in London – February 2009 for current serving police officers in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The process will incorporate an information session and a written examination. Details of the venues in London with the relevant dates will be provided at a later time.

All officers considering making an application should view our Entrance Evaluation page for more information on the recruitment (selection) processes. The Entrance Evaluation (conducted in February) will be followed by a Formal Panel Interview in London in June – July 2009. All applicants short listed for the selection process will need to make their own way to the examination and interview venues at their own cost. No reimbursements will be provided. (ALL testing and interviews must be conducted in London).

An agreement exists between WAPOL and the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) to enable the final successful applicants to obtain permanent residency for themselves and eligible family members. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE DEPARTMENT OF IMMIGRATION AND CITIZENSHIP IN AUSTRALIA OR AUSTRALIA HOUSE IN LONDON FOR ANY INFORMATION.

WAPOL's primary target group is current serving frontline officers with 3 – 7 years policing experience. Officers with service outside this timeframe may apply but first consideration will be given to the target group of applicants.

To apply for these vacancies the applicant will need to meet the following criteria.

- Minimum 2 ½ years policing experience as at January 1, 2009 (NOTE: If you do not currently work as a police officer in your country of origin you will be ineligible to apply)
- Normal WAPOL recruitment criteria
- Applicants will be required to work in metropolitan and country areas of Western Australia as part of their employment conditions
- Ability to provide confirmation of service to date, assessment of conduct, sick leave records, any charges, reprimands or official investigations into yourself either previous or pending
- Ability to meet DIAC requirements in relation to age (under 45 years) and health requirements for the applicant and eligible family members
- Able to migrate and commence with WAPOL between June 2010 – December 2011.

NOTE: Not all applicants who apply will be invited to attend the information session and entrance examination in February 2009 in London. Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email. Individual feedback is not provided to unsuccessful applicants due to the number of applicants anticipated.

For any further information please contact [email protected] for further advice.
To apply please complete the international application form.

CLOSING DATE: MIDNIGHT 7th December 2008 (GMT TIME).

And here is the link

http://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/news/a ... news_id=14
Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Greebo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPOL Applications Now Open!

Sorry folks,

Link at bottom of last post appears to be broken....

Here is the link to the application form:

http://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/pdf...cation_rpl.pdf

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 25th 2008 at 5:26 am. Reason: Removing link that is no longer relevant - requested by OP
Old Oct 18th 2008, 5:57 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

Bloody good news.....thought they weren't coming back for a couple of years!!!
Old Oct 19th 2008, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

bops is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: WAPOL Applications Now Open!

Hi,
Esp for Greebo, but anyone else who can help please!
Looking at applying to WAPOL, I would be grateful if any of you (that have already managed to take the plunge) would email me...I have loads of questions to ask...ie pension, costs, moving, schools etc...
Thanks in advance
Bops
Old Nov 4th 2008, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Jay_p is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Greebo

The Western Australia Police (WAPOL) is now accepting recruitment applications from current serving police officers (ONLY) in the United Kingdom and Ireland.

Western Australia Police (WAPOL) will be conducting a recruitment drive in London – February 2009 for current serving police officers in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The process will incorporate an information session and a written examination. Details of the venues in London with the relevant dates will be provided at a later time.

All officers considering making an application should view our Entrance Evaluation page for more information on the recruitment (selection) processes. The Entrance Evaluation (conducted in February) will be followed by a Formal Panel Interview in London in June – July 2009. All applicants short listed for the selection process will need to make their own way to the examination and interview venues at their own cost. No reimbursements will be provided. (ALL testing and interviews must be conducted in London).

An agreement exists between WAPOL and the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) to enable the final successful applicants to obtain permanent residency for themselves and eligible family members. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE DEPARTMENT OF IMMIGRATION AND CITIZENSHIP IN AUSTRALIA OR AUSTRALIA HOUSE IN LONDON FOR ANY INFORMATION.

WAPOL's primary target group is current serving frontline officers with 3 – 7 years policing experience. Officers with service outside this timeframe may apply but first consideration will be given to the target group of applicants.

To apply for these vacancies the applicant will need to meet the following criteria.

- Minimum 2 ½ years policing experience as at January 1, 2009 (NOTE: If you do not currently work as a police officer in your country of origin you will be ineligible to apply)
- Normal WAPOL recruitment criteria
- Applicants will be required to work in metropolitan and country areas of Western Australia as part of their employment conditions
- Ability to provide confirmation of service to date, assessment of conduct, sick leave records, any charges, reprimands or official investigations into yourself either previous or pending
- Ability to meet DIAC requirements in relation to age (under 45 years) and health requirements for the applicant and eligible family members
- Able to migrate and commence with WAPOL between June 2010 – December 2011.

NOTE: Not all applicants who apply will be invited to attend the information session and entrance examination in February 2009 in London. Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email. Individual feedback is not provided to unsuccessful applicants due to the number of applicants anticipated.

For any further information please contact [email protected] for further advice.
To apply please complete the international application form.

CLOSING DATE: MIDNIGHT 7th December 2008 (GMT TIME).

And here is the link

http://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/news/a ... news_id=14
Hi Greebo, I'm brand new to this site but managed to find out that you were a cop in CSP before you took the plunge and moved 'down under'.

I also currently work for CSP and I'm thinking about doing the same as you and going for WAPOL.

If you could, I'd really appreciate any advice at all. I tried to send you a privat mesage but because I'm new I need at least three posts before I can do so.

Look forward to hearing from you. If you get back in touch I'll give you my e-mail address or vice versa.

Thanks
Old Nov 4th 2008, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Jay_p is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Greebo,

I'm brand new to this site however I found out, through reading through the threads, that you were a cop in CSP before you took the plunge and moved 'down under'.

I also currently work in CSP and was wondering if you could get back in touch with me and give me any help or advice you deem relevant.

I tried to pm you but because I'm a new member I was unable to do so.

If you prefer, I could give you my e-mail address or vice versa.

Look forward to hearing from you.