Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL application HELP!!!

WAPOL application HELP!!!

Old May 8th 2013, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

COOPS83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WAPOL application HELP!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I understand there are probably quite a few of us on here all asking the same question, and looking to jump ship.

I'm in the process of going through the application for WAPOL, can someone please confirm the flowing for me

I started my career in the police in Essex in November 2006 I then transferred to the Met Jul 2009, so will have 7 years experience come November this year 2013

1 - Am I going to have to get in contact with Essex Police with regards to my current service and complaint history I have no outstanding complaints and from memory I have only had one real official complaint made against me whilst working for Essex Police?

2 - With regards to Leave History I have not had any careers breaks and only two days sick am I really having to go and try and find out all my annual leave days for the last almost 7 years?

3 - Do they accept photocopies of the following documents: certificate of confirmation, drivers licence, PDR's, with regards to First Aid certificate I only have my white card which confirms I'm in date for current ELS.

4 - Which documents need to be provided on official headed police paper. and signed by who?

5 - Any help with behavioural statement would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Old May 8th 2013, 8:29 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough
Default Re: WAPOL application HELP!!!

Originally Posted by COOPS83
Any help would be greatly appreciated and I understand there are probably quite a few of us on here all asking the same question, and looking to jump ship.

I'm in the process of going through the application for WAPOL, can someone please confirm the flowing for me

I started my career in the police in Essex in November 2006 I then transferred to the Met Jul 2009, so will have 7 years experience come November this year 2013

1 - Am I going to have to get in contact with Essex Police with regards to my current service and complaint history I have no outstanding complaints and from memory I have only had one real official complaint made against me whilst working for Essex Police?

2 - With regards to Leave History I have not had any careers breaks and only two days sick am I really having to go and try and find out all my annual leave days for the last almost 7 years?

3 - Do they accept photocopies of the following documents: certificate of confirmation, drivers licence, PDR's, with regards to First Aid certificate I only have my white card which confirms I'm in date for current ELS.

4 - Which documents need to be provided on official headed police paper. and signed by who?

5 - Any help with behavioural statement would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Hi,

1 - If you're lucky, the Met might hold the docs that Essex sent to them when you transferred over. Send in the Met ones and ask Essex for the same but explain that in your application.

2 - Leave is calculated by your service so you had 20 days at year 1 etc, it's not too hard to work out and HR should help.

3 - Yes to photcopies, but not the HR ones. Get you Sgt or Insp to sign them as certified true copies

4 - My HR gave me a load of service records, leave, sick records etc with a nice letter on the front on headed paper. Complaints Dept wrote a letter on headed paper asking WAPol to contact them directly for a history as they wouldn't release it to me.

5 - Behavioural statement ??? That's a new one, unless it's a differently worded bit.

You sound a bit and . Calm down, have a cold one and do everything in a clear and precise way and you will be fine. I made a point of completing the application form 3 times because i didn't want any mistakes and then i batched together all the necessary forms that needed photocopying and took them to my boss in one go .....

I'm just waiting on my visa now and then i'm off.......

Good luck
Old May 9th 2013, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, reading this I realised that I didn't include my complaints history, just the discipline history. Well, I have no complaint history cause I had no real official complaints. I have emailed them about it that I can send them the phone number for DPS as DPS most likely wouldn't release my history to me, only to them.

Do you think this will affect my application? :/
Old May 9th 2013, 7:28 pm
Chillin out in WA

I would say that you need to personally ask the head of your complaints to write an email to recruiting asking Wapol to contact them for any complaints history.
I would do that asap if your application has already gone.
Old May 10th 2013, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

The WAPOL recruitment people are amazing. As usual, prompt reply and to the point. They will contact DPS and request complaints history. I will send them an email address to make it easier but whoa, that's a load off my back thanks everyone for help and sorry for slightly hijacking the thread :P
Old May 19th 2013, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

divingmoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys in relation to the application it says copy of leave history is this sickness?
Old May 19th 2013, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

It means A/L + career breaks + Sick days

What counts towards your total service though is career breaks. Still, you have to tell them everything. You can get you A/L report for your whole career from tHR dept. Just ask them

Regards
Old May 19th 2013, 5:52 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Check back on the WAPol site. I had what appears to be an old form which asked for sick leave and annual leave to be taken off total service. The form on there now doesn't have that. The version date on the old form was 2010, the new one has a version date of 2013.

Hope that helps.
Old May 20th 2013, 8:03 am
Just Joined

divingmoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if they will allow you to send application and send some of the documents later as if I hang on for work to send me them then I think application wont make it in time.
Thanks lee
Old May 20th 2013, 8:05 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at the application, they certainly give you 90 days to provide evidence of First Aid.
Old May 20th 2013, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Damo-LFC will become famous soon enough

As I understand it is only the First Aid Cert which can follow on after the App. I'm in a similar boat as I don't have my college Certs so I've just got my HR to sign a report stating I've requested them from the examinations board if they require them at a later stage. Couldn't hang on and wait as the closing date is so soon etc. hope they appreciate it
Old May 20th 2013, 7:37 pm
Chillin out in WA

Please don't worry about the first aid cert.
As long as you are up to date in your own force, you will be fine.
Old May 20th 2013, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

richie-318 is an unknown quantity at this point

Right so the leave bit you have to include a/leave and sick days? I thought they want just unpaid days leave.

Anyone spoken direct. Was planning to send forms tomorrow.

Good luck everyone.
Old May 20th 2013, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

It use to be all leave including sick and a/l. There is apparently a new form online to be downloaded with only unpaid leave that has to be included. Check on their website.

When I sent my application in the beginning of april it was all leave including A/L. Now it has apparently changed. Check the official recruitment website download section before sending

regards
Old May 20th 2013, 9:04 pm
Living the dream in WA

Have a look at this link, it's the latest 2013 Recognition of Prior Service form.

Hope this helps, and works!! If not, just cut and paste the link!

http://http://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/images/stories/pdf/rps-application-may-2013.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.