Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

Old Apr 22nd 2014, 7:37 am
  #31  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 23
Lobsta28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

I'd be interested to know this too Lividave!
Lobsta28 is offline  
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 9:56 am
  #32  
Almost there...
Thread Starter
 
Pincher's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: On Cloud 9
Posts: 372
Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of
Default Re: WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

Not being deliberately obtuse. All, some or none may be multiple choice. Usually some are, but the format changes each time.
Keep an open mind as to what to expect.
Pincher is offline  
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 10:51 am
  #33  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 14
Departie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

Hi There, I'm through to the PEE test on the 29th of May, I'm a little confused as to if the physical test is held on the same day after reading other posts, can anybody confirm that it is purely the PEE test? The confirmation email didn't contain a great deal of info of what to bring etc!
Departie is offline  
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 12:45 pm
  #34  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 10
Lividave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

Originally Posted by Departie View Post
Hi There, I'm through to the PEE test on the 29th of May, I'm a little confused as to if the physical test is held on the same day after reading other posts, can anybody confirm that it is purely the PEE test? The confirmation email didn't contain a great deal of info of what to bring etc!
I believe its just the PPE test at this stage, the physical test follows if your succesful.


Thanks Pitcher, wasn't quite sure.
Lividave is offline  
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 1:17 pm
  #35  
MODERATOR
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: slough - Adelaide
Posts: 27,015
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

Originally Posted by Lividave View Post
I believe its just the PPE test at this stage, the physical test follows if your succesful.


Thanks Pitcher, wasn't quite sure.
Think you mean Pincher
old.sparkles is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2014, 5:53 pm
  #36  
Almost there...
Thread Starter
 
Pincher's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: On Cloud 9
Posts: 372
Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of
Default Re: WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

Did a bit of rooting around and found this book. It might be useful(?)

Police Prep : Comprehensive Guide to Australian Police Officer Exams

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/Bo...n%3D0973515112

and this company...

http://www.policeprep.com/australia/Public/tour_au.htm
Pincher is offline  
Old May 15th 2014, 11:22 am
  #37  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6
Orange Hudson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

hello,

I apologise if this is posted elsewhere but I was wondering if anyone has any examples of the Math based questions or knows where I could find some...

thanks
Orange Hudson is offline  
Old May 15th 2014, 11:26 am
  #38  
MODERATOR
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: slough - Adelaide
Posts: 27,015
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

Originally Posted by Orange Hudson View Post
hello,

I apologise if this is posted elsewhere but I was wondering if anyone has any examples of the Math based questions or knows where I could find some...

thanks
There's some info in the rest of this thread
old.sparkles is offline  
Old May 15th 2014, 11:39 am
  #39  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6
Orange Hudson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
There's some info in the rest of this thread
thanks, I found this:

"Maths: Work out the relationship between a list of numbers and work out what the missing numbers are"

but I was hoping someone might have had some actual examples to practice or a link to some etc...
Orange Hudson is offline  
Old May 15th 2014, 11:48 am
  #40  
MODERATOR
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: slough - Adelaide
Posts: 27,015
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

Originally Posted by Orange Hudson View Post
thanks, I found this:

"Maths: Work out the relationship between a list of numbers and work out what the missing numbers are"

but I was hoping someone might have had some actual examples to practice or a link to some etc...
Not sure on the type of test you need

There are some free tests here - http://www.psychometricinstitute.com...n=ipc_co_promo

or here - http://www.psychometricinstitute.com...tude-Tests.asp

Google psychometric testing. There is some mention of a book Pincher brought in the first post. Not sure if you want to order that, or the Luminosity app. / Brain training sort of thing
old.sparkles is offline  
Old May 15th 2014, 11:52 am
  #41  
BE Site Lead & Admin
 
BEVS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Below
Posts: 32,832
BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

Pollyana is on her hols right now but if she looks in she may be able to give some good guidance. She was in the police in a civvy capacity.

You may do best to ask this on the Australian forum to be honest.
BEVS is offline  
Old May 15th 2014, 12:04 pm
  #42  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6
Orange Hudson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
Not sure on the type of test you need

There are some free tests here - http://www.psychometricinstitute.com...n=ipc_co_promo

or here - http://www.psychometricinstitute.com...tude-Tests.asp

Google psychometric testing. There is some mention of a book Pincher brought in the first post. Not sure if you want to order that, or the Luminosity app. / Brain training sort of thing
excellent, thanks, I'll have a read.
Orange Hudson is offline  
Old May 15th 2014, 12:18 pm
  #43  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6
Orange Hudson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Pollyana is on her hols right now but if she looks in she may be able to give some good guidance. She was in the police in a civvy capacity.

You may do best to ask this on the Australian forum to be honest.
excellent, thanks. I'll have a read.
Orange Hudson is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.