Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

Old Apr 19th 2014, 11:14 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of
Default Re: WAPol 2014 PEE preparation

They don't tell you and you'll get no feedback. But clearly there must be some form of candidate ranking based on performance.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 3:00 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about a pass mark, I thought I'd flunked it on the maths but clearly not. I think they judge it on overall performance and take the top xxx through to the next stage.
Could be wrong though.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Lobsta28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Just a question on fitness, what would the beep test pass be for a 33 year old male please, and is there any distance ranges / iPhone apps you could practise with, thanks x
Old Apr 19th 2014, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

grdnblack is an unknown quantity at this point

Lobsta, I think you'll be looking at a minimum level of 9.1 (19-29yrs 10.1, 30-39yrs 9.1, 40+yrs 8.1) with the lines/markers 20m apart, obviously the higher the better. Searching online should find you an mp3 of the beeps
Old Apr 19th 2014, 7:37 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Here's a link to a table which you can use to replicate the run on a running machine in a gym. Not exactly the same, but I found it really helpful, especially preparing during the wet winter months.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test

They tell you that it's not based on best effort just go for your age target, but everyone with me did a little extra than they needed to.

Last edited by Pincher; Apr 19th 2014 at 7:39 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Thank you both very much, really appreciated x
Old Apr 20th 2014, 12:12 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Lobsta, type in bleep test/20m bleep test into the App Store search section and you'll get a number of results.
The other thing to practise is the agility test, especially the start. And get yourself some decent trainers, proper fitness trainers, not designer things. You will need something with a good grip to make the turns.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 5:32 am
Just Joined

Thanks Gregster x
Old Apr 20th 2014, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Richie86 is an unknown quantity at this point

I imagine this has already been asked a few times but I thought I'd repost in an attempt to get some direct answers. I'm through to the PEE in May and have been looking at a few psychometric test books but none of them seem particularly good. They all seem too simple or easy, I've even looked up to graduate level books. Any recommendations guys? I don't want to be spending weeks trawling the Internet/Waterstones when I could be revising.

Thank You Muchly!
Old Apr 21st 2014, 6:38 am
Almost there...

Originally Posted by Richie86
I imagine this has already been asked a few times but I thought I'd repost in an attempt to get some direct answers. I'm through to the PEE in May and have been looking at a few psychometric test books but none of them seem particularly good. They all seem too simple or easy, I've even looked up to graduate level books. Any recommendations guys? I don't want to be spending weeks trawling the Internet/Waterstones when I could be revising.

Thank You Muchly!
How about a 'brain training' type app for your mobile/computer which increases in difficulty as you progress. I hear 'Luminosity's supposed to be very good.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pincher
How about a 'brain training' type app for your mobile/computer which increases in difficulty as you progress. I hear 'Luminosity's supposed to be very good.
Pincher, thank you. Downloaded that app & am playing away as we speak.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 9:20 am
Just Joined

arronc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Richie86
Pincher, thank you. Downloaded that app & am playing away as we speak.
I couldn't find the app is it on andriod?
Old Apr 21st 2014, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by arronc
I couldn't find the app is it on andriod?
iPhone arronc
Old Apr 21st 2014, 10:22 am
Almost there...

You should be able to get it for you computer for any format. For Android phones try 'Mind Games'.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Lividave is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

New to this site and first time post.

I've been fortunate enough to make it to the PPE on the 28th of May and was wondering if it consists of only mulitple choice questions?

From the example questions I've seen online its all multiple but have heard differently.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.