WA Police service?

Old May 18th 2013, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Saxon89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police service?

Originally Posted by DM1432
Not quite true some of us with 15+ years are still here giving many more years of service. Yes a few did move on or return but the figures are not as large as some people will have you believe, if compared to local applicants in the same bracket. You got PR once you got the visa, some abused it, again the figures aren't that drastic. Some people do not see the police as a 30 year career here and tend to go from job to job.

It is purely financial, more than 9 years service they would pay you a senior constables wage assuming you completed the promotion exams etc. My own belief is the upper service bracket will have to raise, as we still can't get the local applicants to apply. Although I haven't heard the "rumor" of 10years cut off.
I'm not saying ALL or the MAJORITY left WAPOL and got civilian jobs elsewhere, I'm getting at the fact that some did and enough of a percentage did for WAPOL to see that their recruitment was successful however they had to change their policy in an attempt to retain transitional staff, as obviously 25 year old guys with 5 years exp will give longer service than a 40 year old with 20 years exp
Old May 20th 2013, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

DM1432 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saxon89
I'm not saying ALL or the MAJORITY left WAPOL and got civilian jobs elsewhere, I'm getting at the fact that some did and enough of a percentage did for WAPOL to see that their recruitment was successful however they had to change their policy in an attempt to retain transitional staff, as obviously 25 year old guys with 5 years exp will give longer service than a 40 year old with 20 years exp
Well the goods news which I am sure you have heard they have lifted the upper service bracket, just like they did part way through the initial international campaign. They obviously didn't get the numbers they were expecting, also a few of us here have been calling up recruitment saying the 7 year bracket was unfair.

Either way now is the time to apply as the state government is again cutting back (although they deny it) and who knows what will happen in a couple of years time. The visa this time around ties you in to WAPOL for two years unlike the old labour Agreement. It is all down to getting bums on seats to meet the government promises to the electorate.
Old May 20th 2013, 7:40 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Applications have to be in by 29th May though unless you're prepared to go to Perth for the testing.
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Saxon89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like I said in an earlier post, they will raise the maximum experience bracket as they need to recruit a lot more officers.

No one listened to the guy with 5 years WAPOL exp!
Old May 23rd 2013, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Nottsscouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saxon89
Like I said in an earlier post, they will raise the maximum experience bracket as they need to recruit a lot more officers.

No one listened to the guy with 5 years WAPOL exp!
Hopefully they'll lower the standards too, then I may have a chance!
Old May 23rd 2013, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nottsscouse
Hopefully they'll lower the standards too, then I may have a chance!
Have more confidence my friend, they need experienced officers and if you fit the experience gap then you are what they need. Take it easy and read their website, find out what WAPOL is about and you will fly the interview. (Oh and do the tests on their website, identify your weaknesses and study up)

Kind regards
Old May 23rd 2013, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Nottsscouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaqMusic
Have more confidence my friend, they need experienced officers and if you fit the experience gap then you are what they need. Take it easy and read their website, find out what WAPOL is about and you will fly the interview. (Oh and do the tests on their website, identify your weaknesses and study up)

Kind regards
Very kind, thank you. Just need to sort that horrible sit up out too!!!