Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

Old Aug 18th 2013, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

[QUOTE=bagdog;10856963]Notts
Can't see what you are talking about there I'm afraid, still showing 9.1 on the 20m course
Copy the link in
Cheers[/QUOTE

Let it go Baddog..... there's nothing to get excited about. ....

Hows everyone's training going?? Any tips ?? Or assistance that can be shared..? Wrong thread I know but after the week I've had..... I couldn't give a rats u know what!!!
Old Aug 18th 2013, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah don't try and train during your wife's bday weekend, that involves too much food and booze !! :-)
Old Aug 18th 2013, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

It's well for the pair of u, I haven't had a drop of drink from the day I found out I'd passed my first assessment!
Old Aug 18th 2013, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

I tried that Irishcop. Think I managed about 5 days so more power to you.

Way I see it I need to keep some lubrication in my old joints.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:32 amPosts: 25Today I broke the 17 sec barrier on 3 occassions. I did this by SLOWING DOWN. On my first attempt I sprinted at the first cone full pelt and overshot it my half a metre when turning and I was wide between the cones. I ended up doing 17.7 then I slowed down. Got closer to the cones all the way round and then went hell for leather the last leg. 16.3 I think people concentrate to much on speed this is an agility test. So for those struggling try going slower and smarter. Your running speed will not matter over such a short distance turning and weaving is where the time will be won and lost
Old Aug 18th 2013, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
I tried that Irishcop. Think I managed about 5 days so more power to you.

Way I see it I need to keep some lubrication in my old joints.
If it helped me do press ups I'd drink it by the gallon!!!
Old Aug 19th 2013, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

PMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Only hitting level 8 in the bleep test and less than two weeks to go!!!Any useful tips?
Old Aug 19th 2013, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just keep practising. Focus your mind om something else and a point on front of you. Get a regular breathing pattern and just push through the pain. At level 8 you only have 12 or so shuttles to go. Countdown its all psychological
Old Aug 19th 2013, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Just what fadsie says. Let your mind wander to the beach, to the dream. Control your breathing. I usually repeat a mantra over and over in my head when I'm near exhaustion. grit your teeth and power through.
Try interval training over the next two weeks. Moderate/high intensity for two mins then flat out 30 secs. Repeat 6 times.

Bloody agility test !
Old Aug 19th 2013, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi what bleep tests are people using to train with. I just checking I got the right one I just downloaded a 20m bleep test ap. each level has 7 stages but then at level 6 it then has 9 is this right. Husband d just done it and seems to think I got wrong one. Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Vikki
Old Aug 19th 2013, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VikkiShields
Hi what bleep tests are people using to train with. I just checking I got the right one I just downloaded a 20m bleep test ap. each level has 7 stages but then at level 6 it then has 9 is this right. Husband d just done it and seems to think I got wrong one. Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Vikki
Get the one from step forwards website. I think it has more stages than 7. It goes to 11 stages at level 8 or so.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Oh and with the bleep remember that you have the 2 metre safety zone. For those struggling with going past level 8, start level 1,2 and 3 with fast walking instead of running. Don't jog, just fast walk and maybe catch up every now and then not to be called short. After level three run normally - it is incredible how much energy you save by doing it.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 9:55 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaqMusic
Oh and with the bleep remember that you have the 2 metre safety zone. For those struggling with going past level 8, start level 1,2 and 3 with fast walking instead of running. Don't jog, just fast walk and maybe catch up every now and then not to be called short. After level three run normally - it is incredible how much energy you save by doing it.
Wow - you walk fast

Wikipedia gives details of speeds and number of shuttles to be run on each level - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test
Old Aug 19th 2013, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Wow - you walk fast

Wikipedia gives details of speeds and number of shuttles to be run on each level - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test
Thanks It can be done with an occasional skip to gain distance. haha
Old Aug 19th 2013, 10:12 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaqMusic
Thanks It can be done with an occasional skip to gain distance. haha
Do you know if you have to have both feet over the line at the end of the shuttle or just one? If it's just one, you can save time and distance if you get smart with the turns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.