Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

Old Sep 14th 2013, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

I'd imagine in a sports hall but generally those floors aren't slippy. Maybe check that you have shoes with a good grip? Although if ur hittin 16.7 then u could probably do it on a ice rink in trainers and be fine!
Old Sep 14th 2013, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

I was struggling to get below 17 and was hovering around the 17.2 times.
I changed my starting tactic and wham took half a second off. But I'm just wary as slipped over a couple of times.
I'm struggling on beep. Hit a wall at level 8. So last min practise for me today as test on Tuesday.
Anyone else on here going for fitness on Tuesday arvo?
Old Sep 14th 2013, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bagdog if your getting level 8 then you are only 12 or 13 shuttles from finishing. Its all in your mind. Clear your head of negativity and breathe properly and before you know it your on your last 2 shuttles. Just keep pushing yourself
Old Sep 14th 2013, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

I know mate, I'm over thinking as I'm running. Then it be becomes a battle against those sodding beeps ! I'm hoping adrenalin will push me over that line.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Worst case you got your 2m safety zone. Level 8 is only half a sec quicker than level 7. Your so close at that stage mate. Just run till you collapse
Old Sep 14th 2013, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

I plan to. They better have an ambo on stand by !!
Old Sep 14th 2013, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Lol im sure ull be ok good luck mate I got an extra week till 26th
Old Sep 14th 2013, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

The Elk is an unknown quantity at this point

From memory it's a hard ground i.e. little or no give in it like wood. I bought new trainers but it was slippery enough, not what I was expecting but definitely do-able if you get the turns right.

You can also start with one if your feet up, sort of in a sprinters stance (but both hands and your chest must be flat on the ground). I think this gives you a slight advantage but DEFINITELY practice getting up from that position as I ended up over compensating and losing my balance slightly.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fadsie1
Worst case you got your 2m safety zone. Level 8 is only half a sec quicker than level 7. Your so close at that stage mate. Just run till you collapse
Fadsie. In relation to the 2m safety zone. If you are within the zone at the bleep you're safe. BUT, you still have to reach the end line before turning which means you are slightly behind for the next shuttle and need to up the pace to make it.

You can't just run from safety zone to safety zone. You must complete 20m shuttles.

Hope that makes sense.

HB
Old Sep 14th 2013, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers mate I did think that I just meant if your really struggling you can have a breather as long as your willing to sprint after a little more
Old Sep 14th 2013, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

No worries mate. Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion because there seems to be a lot of it the now.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

This is true mate. My fitness is on 26th which makes me wonder if I fail ant elements when will I get a retest if they finish on 27th? I have worked so hard and lost over 2 stone so I really hope I pass.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fadsie1
This is true mate. My fitness is on 26th which makes me wonder if I fail ant elements when will I get a retest if they finish on 27th? I have worked so hard and lost over 2 stone so I really hope I pass.
I was thinking the same Fadsie1..... I just suppose we'd better nail it in the 26th and be done......
Old Sep 14th 2013, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

That we will mate. Im sure there will be something for us mate. Would not be a fair process otherwise
Old Sep 15th 2013, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

simps is an unknown quantity at this point

You will both pass it you sound like your both preparing and training hard for it so your not going in blind like some have. Just keep up with the training be positive and run like hell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.