Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

Old Sep 8th 2013, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

Generally what are people failing on in the fitness? And also, r the fitness test mixed gender?
Old Sep 8th 2013, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

simps is an unknown quantity at this point

The tests are mixed and people were failing on the sit up, agility and the bleep.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

IrishCop. People failed on the bleep, the sit up, the agility and the bent over row on mine.
From your perspective, ie the press ups, they have a 10cm cone under you. You start in press up position with hands at shoulder level and arms extended. Lower yourself down till you touch cone and then back up. That counts as one. If you don't touch the cone it doesn't count.
Nobody failed this part.

You've been training hard, we all know that, so there's no reason you won't pass. Those that have not achieved have quite clearly not been training and practicing. You have so you WILL pass.

Anything I can help with drop us a PM

HB
Old Sep 8th 2013, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

I'm gettin there Harry but still stressing massively about it. I'm doin them with hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart, I'm pretty sure that's what it says in the wee info thing? I was wondering if they would still send u to ur interview the following day if u fail the push ups :-/ maybe that way I would be able to explain its wasnt failed because I haven't bothered to et off my bum or that I haven't the strength to lift a flea!
Old Sep 8th 2013, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Ps Harry I can't work out how to send PMs!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2013, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Irishcop. First of its hands at shoulder level not shoulder width apart so what you're doing is fine . Secondly on the very off chance you don't manage them you will be given a second chance sometime before end of September. But you have to do the whole thing again. So if you do fail any part you still finish the rest as prdvtice then head to your interview.
Thirdly. You've been working your Ass off so you'll be fine.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

I've sent you one. You'll figure it out
Old Sep 8th 2013, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
IrishCop. People failed on the bleep, the sit up, the agility and the bent over row on mine.
From your perspective, ie the press ups, they have a 10cm cone under you. You start in press up position with hands at shoulder level and arms extended. Lower yourself down till you touch cone and then back up. That counts as one. If you don't touch the cone it doesn't count.
Nobody failed this part.

You've been training hard, we all know that, so there's no reason you won't pass. Those that have not achieved have quite clearly not been training and practicing. You have so you WILL pass.

Anything I can help with drop us a PM

HB
Well done Harry and all those that have posted their fitness test passes. How many are there on the fitness testing session? Do you run in lanes on the bleep? 2 half weeks to go ........ Arghhhhhhhhh
Old Sep 8th 2013, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

MaddJose. There would have been 10 on ours. 2 resits, one no show and one was late arriving and didnt get to take it. For the bleep they set out cones at each end. Everybody went at the same time but you ran in between cones in pairs. The idea being you could keep each other going.

You'll be fine. Don't sweat it. If you've trained hard then its nothing to worry about. Easy for me to day cause i've done it but its true.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 3:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishcop
Ps Harry I can't work out how to send PMs!!!!
Look at the top of the page, under your username. There is a link for PRIVATE MESSAGES
Old Sep 9th 2013, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

HarryBosch.... Thanks mate and yes I have and continue to do so. Its that darn agility test that's giving me the headache.

I hope to join you in the nervously waiting group soon.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Another week of testing begins. Good luck to everyone who got them this week.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Look at the top of the page, under your username. There is a link for PRIVATE MESSAGES
Thank you
Old Sep 14th 2013, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

The Elk is an unknown quantity at this point

As I said in another post do press ups and sit ups every morning. If you can do 10 press ups and 5 sit ups you'll nail it. My wife couldn't do full press ups, got down every morning to practice and can do over 20 now, in quite a short time. It's muscle memory as opposed to muscle building at the early stages of that sort of training (so I'm told).
Old Sep 14th 2013, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I ask what surface is the agility done on ? I've been practising on a slippy wooden sports hall and managed to hit 16.7 ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.