Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future
Default Re: WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

Interview done. Resting up now for fitness tomorrow. Let the waiting begin.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:02 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Harry. How did you find it? Was it as relaxed as people say?

Just had an email moving my interview time from 9.30am to 8am on 20th! That'll be an early start, and then a lot of sitting about until the fitness test at 2pm!
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

It's an informal interview but its still an interview. I always come out of these things like a rabbit in the headlights. Totally unsure how it went so will just concentrate on fitness tomorrow then the waiting begins.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

What kind of stuff do they ask? Is it about your police career up to now or about your expectations of wapol?
Old Sep 4th 2013, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Browner2324 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here gregster, I did have my fitness in the morning and my interview last thing but now the interview is at 12 and the fitness at 2

I think everyone is being a bit cagey and not answering questions about the interview, not sure why as ultimately WAPOL will choose who they want I choose.
Interview is a mixture of questions about your expectations, family feelings etc and then your career history so just have a decent example ready for the competency related questions like we have in the uk
Old Sep 4th 2013, 7:04 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Browner2324
Same here gregster, I did have my fitness in the morning and my interview last thing but now the interview is at 12 and the fitness at 2

I think everyone is being a bit cagey and not answering questions about the interview, not sure why as ultimately WAPOL will choose who they want I choose.
Interview is a mixture of questions about your expectations, family feelings etc and then your career history so just have a decent example ready for the competency related questions like we have in the uk
People are cagey Browner, because WAPol request that their candidates maintain a level of integrity and not to divulge certain aspects of the process.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Browner2324 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've not had mine yet so purely going on what would be expected in a normal interview within a Police role.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know about the rest of you, but now that the final assessments have started, I'm gettin soooooo nervous!
Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Heh Irishcop. It's natural to be nervous. My advice is simple. If you've prepared properly and worked in your fitness then you will be just fine. Just channel all that nervous energy in to those Press ups and you'll breeze it.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

Its certainly twitchy bum time Irish Cop ..... the rewards are there if you really want them and this what I think the recruiters are looking for. There is so much researching to be done... just in case but it all comes down to that bloody sit up, bleeptest and agility test....

good luck to one and all
Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Anybody know how long the fitness takes. It starts at 0930 and my check-out is 1200 at the hotel?
Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Shell_G is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband had his at 0930 this morning and has just told me he was done before 1100. Thought i'd finally de-lurk
Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Shell. Appreciate you coming out the shadows.
How'd he get on ?
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Shell_G is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem Harry, glad to help.

He passed the physical, so now it's just the final agonizing wait!! Good luck tomorrow.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Good news. Hopefully after tomorrow morning I too shall join the ranks of those afflicted with 'The Agony'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.