Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA Police International Transition recruitment

WA Police International Transition recruitment

Old Jan 6th 2024, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Maccam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Thanks for the replies. March and April? Panic stations all round then to get organised, I was thinking it would be more towards the summer at the earliest. I may trawl the emails for OT giveaways and start scraping the coins out from behind the sofa.
Old Jan 6th 2024, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Ibrahimmeh91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mossy1986
different to the mini games. It comes later on and is a video interview with a psychiatrist
I do appreciate it.
Old Jan 6th 2024, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

mossy1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maccam
Thanks for the replies. March and April? Panic stations all round then to get organised, I was thinking it would be more towards the summer at the earliest. I may trawl the emails for OT giveaways and start scraping the coins out from behind the sofa.
WAPOL are very flexible with your availability to start. I was offered September 2023 but opted to defer until March 2024 for extra time to save money and sort the house
Old Jan 17th 2024, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Jan 17th 2024, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Smally24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slippery Pete
Well, I would expect the organisation to put a positive slant on this. That said, I’ve been here 16 years now and not regretted it.
The sad thing for me though was my old force. When I saw that we were recruiting again I placed the fact on FB (not me exactly as I’m not on it but through Mrs S). The response I got was overwhelmingly negative. I came from a small county force and to put it bluntly the replies were just so predictable and provincial….a very small town mentality. Still, their loss 😃. I’m hoping that a few did apply but if they did I’m not aware of it. I was the only one originally!!
Old Jan 20th 2024, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smally24
Well, I would expect the organisation to put a positive slant on this. That said, I’ve been here 16 years now and not regretted it.
The sad thing for me though was my old force. When I saw that we were recruiting again I placed the fact on FB (not me exactly as I’m not on it but through Mrs S). The response I got was overwhelmingly negative. I came from a small county force and to put it bluntly the replies were just so predictable and provincial….a very small town mentality. Still, their loss 😃. I’m hoping that a few did apply but if they did I’m not aware of it. I was the only one originally!!
Probably best that they didn't apply and were successful as I can pretty much guarantee that they wouldn't have lasted long. You have to shake that attitude off first and then absorb the culture of where you are living. The first few words they would have uttered would have been 'Why are you doing it like this?' 'That's not we do it at home' 'The way we did it is better'....etc. There is a wee bit more to a huge change like that than just going for better weather.
Old Jan 20th 2024, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jamesy5008
Probably best that they didn't apply and were successful as I can pretty much guarantee that they wouldn't have lasted long. You have to shake that attitude off first and then absorb the culture of where you are living. The first few words they would have uttered would have been 'Why are you doing it like this?' 'That's not we do it at home' 'The way we did it is better'....etc. There is a wee bit more to a huge change like that than just going for better weather.
I’ll be the first to say that when I went through in 2007/2008 there was a lot of “when I was in the UK….”. Then a mate of mine said what would we do if a boat load of Aussie cops turned up in the UK and said “back in Australia….”. So, that would be the advice I would give any new transitional cops now.
Old Jan 31st 2024, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Ibrahimmeh91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is anyone final stage of application?

I've just received confirmation that my ACRO certificate and DVLA has been sent off for final integrity check. I just need to complete two additional psychological assessment and interview.

I'm guessing the next stage is medical assessment and conditional employment offer ?

Does anyone know how does assessments whilst at WAPOL academy work ? Is it pass or fail.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 31st 2024 at 9:46 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2024, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ibrahimmeh91
Does anyone know how does assessments whilst at WAPOL academy work ? Is it pass or fail.
Yes it very much pass or fail. The training at the academy is a lot more regimented than the training I received as a cop back in Blighty.
Old Feb 17th 2024, 4:07 am
Just Joined

Danks is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know when the further intakes are this year from April, and how many more there will be?
Old Feb 19th 2024, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Maccam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danks
Does anyone know when the further intakes are this year from April, and how many more there will be?
I had been told there's one pencilled in for middle of June but the date wasn't confirmed yet. I think the Australian financial year is July to July so maybe the next ones need the funding allocated first.
Old Mar 7th 2024, 7:34 am
Gda
Just Joined

Gda is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning. Is there anyone else on here awaiting visa reference? Recruiter has sped up this week. Be interesting to see if anyone at same part of the process as me
Old Mar 7th 2024, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Danks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gda
Good morning. Is there anyone else on here awaiting visa reference? Recruiter has sped up this week. Be interesting to see if anyone at same part of the process as me
Hi I am looking to submit medical P58, Eyesight and Insolvency next week and am wondering how long it takes to then get to the selection pool - visa reference stages?
Old Mar 8th 2024, 5:25 am
Gda
Just Joined

Gda is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, from submitting all of that i waited 12 weeks for selection pool email. Have just been nominated for visa so hopefully we wont be waiting too much longer.
Old Mar 12th 2024, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gda
Hi, from submitting all of that i waited 12 weeks for selection pool email. Have just been nominated for visa so hopefully we wont be waiting too much longer.
Congrats 🥳🥳🥳

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.