Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA Police International Transition recruitment

WA Police International Transition recruitment

Old Feb 7th 2023, 7:01 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Originally Posted by Ben_capitan
I think everyone who has applied received the same email.
When I went through, I completed my the recruitment process beginning of Feb and got confirmation I had been successful and a start date at the end of April.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Ben_capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pincher
When I went through, I completed my the recruitment process beginning of Feb and got confirmation I had been successful and a start date at the end of April.
How did you get a visa in such a short space of time, if you don’t mind me asking?
Old Feb 7th 2023, 7:21 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

How did you get a visa in such a short space of time, if you don’t mind me asking?
Ah... I already had one. I had a Spouse Visa before I applied.
But having said that, most Transitionals were getting visas 4 to 6 months after being successful as the process was fast tracked.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Sparcs75 is an unknown quantity at this point

TDS14 does than mean they have had your references and you have progressed to next stage?
Old Feb 7th 2023, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Penny22 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's sounds like an email everyone got, just telling you your application is progressing and btw we're coming to a place near you to chat.

Slippery Pete can you find out from your contact in Academy why they are not giving people the result of the interview loads waiting now 4 to 6 weeks.
People's lives are effectively on hold..
need to spend money repairing things on house etc but don't want to if I'm selling and heading to oz but don't know if I am cause I can't get a reply... even if its a no fair enough.. I can jog on into another direction.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Penny22

Slippery Pete can you find out from your contact in Academy why they are not giving people the result of the interview loads waiting now 4 to 6 weeks.
I’ll see if I can find anything out from them
Old Feb 7th 2023, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

For anyone who hasn’t yet joined this group yet. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1156...ibextid=W9rl1R
Old Feb 7th 2023, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Slippery Pete
For anyone who hasn’t yet joined this group yet. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1156...ibextid=W9rl1R
What if you don’t use Facebook? Is there were all the information is at?
Old Feb 7th 2023, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

What if you don’t use Facebook? Is there were all the information is at?
It’s kind of a forum with other applicants
Old Feb 7th 2023, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

mossy1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

mossy1986 Haven’t you got your interview this Thursday
hi mate. Yes I had my interview last Thursday. (2nd Feb). They don’t give much away but I don’t think it was disaster at least. My references were contacted the same day and have sent them back. Just a waiting game now.

I can confirm that no transitional officer has heard anything yet. The very first interviewees (2nd Jan) still haven’t heard. They’re into week 5 now. They said 2-6 weeks for the review panel decision so maybe even expect to add a couple on as I know they are massively swamped. Who knows when we’ll find out. Hopefully soon.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

This is kinda bad for UK forces given how successful WAPOL have been with applications and with rumours SAPOL and QPS opening up in the future
Old Feb 7th 2023, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

This is kinda bad for UK forces given how successful WAPOL have been with applications and with rumours SAPOL and QPS opening up in the future
Think if I’m not mistaken SAPOL were recruiting around 2012 from the UK last time. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them recruit again from overseas
Old Feb 9th 2023, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Keith1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen alot of comments mentioning when are the WA Police going to inform people if they have been successful or not after the interview. Would it not be reasonable to suspect that interview results will not be released until all applicants have been interviewed and an order of merit established ?

Initially I was to be one of the first groups to be interviewed but due to circumstances I had to reschedule the interview for a month.

Last edited by Keith1234; Feb 9th 2023 at 3:05 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2023, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Hel_nic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Keith1234
I've seen alot of comments mentioning when are the WA Police going to inform people if they have been successful or not after the interview. Would it not be reasonable to suspect that interview results will not be released until all applicants have been interviewed and an order of merit established ?

Initially I was to be one of the first groups to be interviewed but due to circumstances I had to reschedule the interview for a month.
Considering the recruitment drive is open for 5 years it’s not really feasible for them to wait to interview all before telling people if they have been successful.
They have also said it won’t be an order of merit as they want varying degrees of service and experience for each intake.

Old Feb 9th 2023, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

LP873 is an unknown quantity at this point

They are now offering interviews for the end of March. I would suspect they will deliberately stagger everything otherwise every department will get overloaded at the same time , rather than a steady stream.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.