Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA Police International Transition recruitment

WA Police International Transition recruitment

Old Feb 1st 2023, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Sparcs75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

That's what I thought, just if your doing a visa application they do the medical and eyesight etc. Which I presume if you get a visa they will offer a job? If there s nothing wrong medical wise, I don't don't paying for a Dr and and eye sight test before Doctors are charging up to a £100 for a signature in some areas, that's f you can get an appointment.

Is anyone at the medical, eyesight stage?
Old Feb 2nd 2023, 9:04 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Example of visa medical costs - https://www.bridge-clinic.com/pricing-information/
Old Feb 2nd 2023, 9:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Originally Posted by Sparcs75
That's what I thought, just if your doing a visa application they do the medical and eyesight etc. Which I presume if you get a visa they will offer a job? If there s nothing wrong medical wise, I don't don't paying for a Dr and and eye sight test before Doctors are charging up to a £100 for a signature in some areas, that's f you can get an appointment.

Is anyone at the medical, eyesight stage?
Just to add to the link posted by old sparkles - the visa medical cannot be done by your GP. There is a very limited panel of approved doctors and only they are authorised to do Aus Visa medicals.
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help...locations/list
Select the UK on that list and it will tell you the list of possible clinics to use - for most people it involves a fairly long trip to somewhere.
Old Feb 3rd 2023, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Sorry I think you misunderstood me. I know about the approved visa medical list. I was just saying I don't know why you have to have a GP sign a medical form and have an eye sight test. If that is all included in the vi'sa medical. As you are paying twice for the same thing. Albeit the GP and the eyesight is les thn the visa medical. Its still an extra cost which isn't needed. Does that make sense?
Old Feb 3rd 2023, 5:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparcs75
Sorry I think you misunderstood me. I know about the approved visa medical list. I was just saying I don't know why you have to have a GP sign a medical form and have an eye sight test. If that is all included in the vi'sa medical. As you are paying twice for the same thing. Albeit the GP and the eyesight is les thn the visa medical. Its still an extra cost which isn't needed. Does that make sense?
It does make sense, but:
WAPOL need to know that you meet their specific medical requirements to do the job before sponsoring you for a visa, including vision, fitness etc.
In order to grant your visa, the Australia Department of Home Affairs needs to know that you meet the more wide-ranging, comprehensive generic health requirements that apply to all permanent visa applicants.

Old Feb 4th 2023, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

mossy1986 Haven’t you got your interview this Thursday
Old Feb 4th 2023, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

GaryO is an unknown quantity at this point

OwenR, myself and a few others managed to get our fitness done through the gym at ESB ( MET)( Lilly Road) there is a guy there through optima health that did them...message if you need the details.
Old Feb 4th 2023, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Expat1245 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone, I hope you are well! I am in the process of applying for WA Police. I was wondering if anyone knew a good PT for the fitness test around the East London or Essex region of the UK?

Thankyou very much. Best of luck to you all and hope to see you in beautiful, sunny Australia soon!
Old Feb 5th 2023, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Hi all, came across this pay calculator for Aus, it seemd pretty good, but I do not know how accurate it would be. I suppose it gives a decent indication of how much you will be earning weekly, fortnightly etc, and your super...also gives options to add extra payments, loans etc...

Take a look...may help with working things out financially... I cant post it until i have five posts... so ill post it the next post ..lol
Old Feb 5th 2023, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

As per my previous post above.... have a look at the calculator

https://paycalculator.com.au/
​​​​​​​
Old Feb 6th 2023, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Ben_capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

It’s all gone really quiet on here. Is this the calm before the storm moment?
For those interviewed in early January, does anyone with any local contacts in WAPOL know how long it will take to find out the results?
Old Feb 6th 2023, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Penny22 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a good question. I have an offer of a position in work that I don't want to take if I'm going forward with Wapol as its highly sought after and I would be wasting their ( my current force)time going through the training . Id rather let the next person on list take the position ive been offered if I get into Wapol which is what I want. ( but unfortunately no email from Wapol or news)
Old Feb 6th 2023, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, there seems to be no updates with anyone? At this point, along with still doing the medical and eye test then doing a visa, they will be pushing to get people for September, if there is an international course then.
Old Feb 6th 2023, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

TDS14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ben_capitan
It’s all gone really quiet on here. Is this the calm before the storm moment?
For those interviewed in early January, does anyone with any local contacts in WAPOL know how long it will take to find out the results?
I did my interview January 17. The same day the email went out regarding the UK road trip info days I go an email saying my application was being progressed and that they would be in touch soon and that was it. Not much to go off but it's half news I guess.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Ben_capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TDS14
I did my interview January 17. The same day the email went out regarding the UK road trip info days I go an email saying my application was being progressed and that they would be in touch soon and that was it. Not much to go off but it's half news I guess.
I think everyone who has applied received the same email.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.