Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA Police International Transition recruitment

WA Police International Transition recruitment

Old Jan 26th 2023, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Lorna2345 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Sorry to keep the pension thread going but I can’t seem to find the answer on the internet. With the super do you get a lump sum? Or is it, like our new pension here, you have an amount and you decide if you want some as a lump sum and some as a monthly income? Or it’s it just a set amount and you just get a monthly income from it

I have just looked at my pension here and what I would get if it froze and I was quite shocked at how much I wouldn’t then get. That being said life isn’t about working towards your pension as you don’t know what’s round the corner 🙈
Old Jan 26th 2023, 9:17 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna2345
Sorry to keep the pension thread going but I can’t seem to find the answer on the internet. With the super do you get a lump sum? Or is it, like our new pension here, you have an amount and you decide if you want some as a lump sum and some as a monthly income? Or it’s it just a set amount and you just get a monthly income from it

I have just looked at my pension here and what I would get if it froze and I was quite shocked at how much I wouldn’t then get. That being said life isn’t about working towards your pension as you don’t know what’s round the corner 🙈
Once you can access your super ( https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/s...ng%20to%20work. ) you can take all your super as a lump sum if the scheme allows or set up an income stream ( https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/s...rawal-options/ ).

It can also be possible to access super is other circumstances - https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/s...to-your-super/
Old Jan 28th 2023, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Who has interviews for February booked seems like February is fully booked and there going into march
Old Jan 28th 2023, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Ben_capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

I’ve had my interview however heard nothing since. Do you know if they are making block announcements for pass/fail or doing it individually ?
Old Jan 28th 2023, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

mossy1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have my interview on Thursday this week
Old Jan 30th 2023, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone on here know of any applicants who have had a confirmed interview pass?
Old Jan 31st 2023, 5:39 am
Just Joined

OwenR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, has anyone in the Hampshire area or within the Met managed to find a fitness instructor to do the Fitness test, really struggling and obviously time constrained?
Old Jan 31st 2023, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OwenR
Hey, has anyone in the Hampshire area or within the Met managed to find a fitness instructor to do the Fitness test, really struggling and obviously time constrained?
I would be asking around you’re station for a good fitness instructor and they can do the test
Old Jan 31st 2023, 10:00 am
Just Joined

LP873 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OwenR
local gyms/ leisure centres should have Level 3 PTs.
I’m guessing you know that the level 4 requirement was lowered to level 3 UK.
Old Jan 31st 2023, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Bazandbeanz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slippery Pete
Who has interviews for February booked seems like February is fully booked and there going into march
I am booked for interview on 16th feb.
Old Feb 1st 2023, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Who got the email saying WAPOL are heading to the UK for info sessions
Old Feb 1st 2023, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Bazandbeanz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slippery Pete
Who got the email saying WAPOL are heading to the UK for info sessions
yes mate, I got that email today too.
Old Feb 1st 2023, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Looks like it’s been sent out to everyone. So with the interviews spanning up to this period and maybe even after will that mean some who go to the sessions could still potentially not get through the interview?
Old Feb 1st 2023, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Sparcs75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know what happens after the interview? Do they contact references? Is that part of it and forms part of the diciosn? Is there a medical after and eye sight? Or is this part of the visa application, as you need a medical for that and the Aus visa site says you do. That's £300+...

At what stage is the job offer? Cheers
Old Feb 1st 2023, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sparcs75
Anyone know what happens after the interview? Do they contact references? Is that part of it and forms part of the diciosn? Is there a medical after and eye sight? Or is this part of the visa application, as you need a medical for that and the Aus visa site says you do. That's £300+...

At what stage is the job offer? Cheers
My referees were contacted immediately after I finished my interview so have them told in advance. Think from the website it would be medical and eye sight afterward. Visa is after that and has its own medical if I’m not mistaken so it would still be.
Cost of an eye sight test
Cost to get your GP to sign your medical??
Visa costs
Visa medical costs
Then obviously the moving costs should all of the above be successful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.