Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA Police International Transition recruitment

WA Police International Transition recruitment

Old Dec 1st 2022, 4:35 am
Just Joined

Streets23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Originally Posted by mossy1986
I’ve just done my physical evaluation in the Merseyside area. Brilliant PT with all equipment and all the space required. Price very reasonable. He’s said I can pass details on if needed. He also has copies of his qualifications readily available.
I can't pm you as I've never posted before, I'd massively appreciate if you could let me know the details for this PT. Cheers.
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

MHockton is an unknown quantity at this point

Good evening, I hope someone that has completed the application can help me.
when filling in the application there is a section to attach service history. Do you know what they require?
I am not sure what exactly they are asking for!

Thanks in advance
Mark
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesg177 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MHockton
Good evening, I hope someone that has completed the application can help me.
when filling in the application there is a section to attach service history. Do you know what they require?
I am not sure what exactly they are asking for!

Thanks in advance
Mark
I’m in the Met not sure if your force has the same thing but I attached a screen shot/pdf of my HR record on self service system
it shows your details at the top name warrant number etc and then underneath dates and ranks/positions etc

They seemed to have accepted that as I’ve passed through the beginning stages and been requested to complete the physical and psychological assessments.

you also put in line manager etc on the form so worst case they can either email you for more info and confirm details with line managers.

hopefully that helps somewhat.
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Leyfed is an unknown quantity at this point

Good evening, I hope someone that has completed the application can help me.when filling in the application there is a section to attach service history. Do you know what they require?I am not sure what exactly they are asking for! Thanks in advanceMark
My Force HR supplied me with a list of all the roles I've performed in my career with dates, ranks etc... it was aaccepted by WA and passed that stage
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

MHockton is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the help. I am also Met so I will do that.
Thanks again
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesg177 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the help. I am also Met so I will do that.
Thanks again
Result. I think it was on PSOP somewhere I’m on Night shift so if you need help locating it let me know I’ll have a look where I got it when I’m in
Old Dec 4th 2022, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

600 applications so far
Old Dec 4th 2022, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

mossy1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slippery Pete
yeah I also read that they’ll pick up to 150 to start in 2023
Old Dec 4th 2022, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Penny22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone heard back after submitting fitness assessment and completing online tests?? Are we all getting an interview I wonder? Also in relation to housing ,wapol supply accommodation outside of Perth I believe does anyone know is this guaranteed. If I'm successful I'll be relocating with my wife and 2 kids so obviously accommodation concerns us as I'm sure it does with everyone else . I'm applying from Ireland, we roughly added up the cost of relocating a family of four and a dog and we are at 38k euro.
Old Dec 4th 2022, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Chris7821 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, following this thread with interest.

I'm an Inspector with 15 years service in West Yorkshire.

At the same stages as most of you with the psychometric and physical tests.

Just struggling to source a PT who can assist me at the mo.

Mossy... would you be kind enough to share your PT details you used in Merseyside. May have to have a trip over there.

If anyone knows anyone closer to Leeds I would also be grateful to find out.

Thanks
Old Dec 4th 2022, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chris7821

Mossy... would you be kind enough to share your PT details you used in Merseyside. May have to have a trip over there.

Thanks
hi mate. I’ve private messaged you
Old Dec 4th 2022, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Penny22
Has anyone heard back after submitting fitness assessment and completing online tests?? Are we all getting an interview I wonder? Also in relation to housing ,wapol supply accommodation outside of Perth I believe does anyone know is this guaranteed. If I'm successful I'll be relocating with my wife and 2 kids so obviously accommodation concerns us as I'm sure it does with everyone else . I'm applying from Ireland, we roughly added up the cost of relocating a family of four and a dog and we are at 38k euro.
I haven’t heard anything about WAPol providing housing. I’m planning for that not to be the case. If it is then that’s a bonus!

Old Dec 5th 2022, 1:30 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

I haven’t heard anything about WAPol providing housing. I’m planning for that not to be the case. If it is then that’s a bonus!
OK, not having been Regional the information I can supply is limited and apologies if I don't get it quite right.

In Regional Perth housing is not supplied by WAPOl but by the government for all government employed regional workers; police, ambos, nurses and such like. GROH (Government Regional Officer Housing) can be a mixed bag depending on where you go. One colleague got a brand new four bed house while another had a house which had a termite infestation and he spent 6 months fighting to be moved to a better property. But on the whole it's of a pretty good standard.
WAPol pay relocation costs and give you time off to move. GROH housing comes various benefits depending on where you go, such as reduced rent and other perks such as your air conditioning being paid for.

In Metro normally when your posted you are subject to tenure, 2 years minimum, 4 years max after which you can move on. When my intake started we were subject to a 6 months 'probation' after which we could move postings (not sure if that will still apply) after which a couple from the class went Regional.

Pretty much everyone I have spoken to who has done Regional absolutely loved it saying it's very rewarding and a great place to bring up the kids. A lot come back to Metro when their kids reach high school age in order to send them to a school near by ( in Regional you may have to send kids to a boarding high school in the nearest big town). You get to do some real community based policing engaging with parents and kids in all sorts of activities and sports. I know of people who have spent pretty much their whole careers going from one Regional posting to another. As far as I am aware, once you go country there's no stipulation that you have to come back to Metro.

But also bear in mind that for most postings, especially East and North, your a long way from anywhere. I had a friend who did Denham for 2 years. His monthly shop was an 8 hour round trip to Carnavon and a large chest freezer is must !
Old Dec 5th 2022, 6:45 am
Just Joined

JM321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pincher
OK, not having been Regional the information I can supply is limited and apologies if I don't get it quite right.

In Regional Perth housing is not supplied by WAPOl but by the government for all government employed regional workers; police, ambos, nurses and such like. GROH (Government Regional Officer Housing) can be a mixed bag depending on where you go. One colleague got a brand new four bed house while another had a house which had a termite infestation and he spent 6 months fighting to be moved to a better property. But on the whole it's of a pretty good standard.
WAPol pay relocation costs and give you time off to move. GROH housing comes various benefits depending on where you go, such as reduced rent and other perks such as your air conditioning being paid for.

In Metro normally when your posted you are subject to tenure, 2 years minimum, 4 years max after which you can move on. When my intake started we were subject to a 6 months 'probation' after which we could move postings (not sure if that will still apply) after which a couple from the class went Regional.

Pretty much everyone I have spoken to who has done Regional absolutely loved it saying it's very rewarding and a great place to bring up the kids. A lot come back to Metro when their kids reach high school age in order to send them to a school near by ( in Regional you may have to send kids to a boarding high school in the nearest big town). You get to do some real community based policing engaging with parents and kids in all sorts of activities and sports. I know of people who have spent pretty much their whole careers going from one Regional posting to another. As far as I am aware, once you go country there's no stipulation that you have to come back to Metro.

But also bear in mind that for most postings, especially East and North, your a long way from anywhere. I had a friend who did Denham for 2 years. His monthly shop was an 8 hour round trip to Carnavon and a large chest freezer is must !

Cheers for all your posts mate, I’ve been keeping an eye on this forum and first time I’ve posted.

When you mention about WAPol paying for relocation costs, is that for moving from metro to rural, or is it from UK to Aus.

If successful, I’m planning for paying everything myself so anything that is paid for us is a bonus!
Old Dec 5th 2022, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Chris7821 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi mate. I’ve private messaged you
Thank you, won't let me read it until I've done 3 posts as a new member!

I'm going to jump into the general Aussie forum and start asking some questions there.

Anyone know what's after these tests? Interview I presume?

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.