Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA - June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

WA - June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

Old Aug 5th 2013, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future
Default Re: June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

the Strand Palace Hotel mate. LateRooms.com. Ideal location and reasonable price Londonwise
Old Aug 5th 2013, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Adix2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my info sesh 25th, fitness 26th, interview 27th.got a 6 month old daughter so she'll be coming and spending some time around London with daddy.were driving and hopefully booking edgware premier Inn and getting tube in.we have a baby carrier and hoping it works out ok.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adix2011
Got my info sesh 25th, fitness 26th, interview 27th.got a 6 month old daughter so she'll be coming and spending some time around London with daddy.were driving and hopefully booking edgware premier Inn and getting tube in.we have a baby carrier and hoping it works out ok.
I am sure it will. Have you checked edgeware tube station mind think its closed till Christmas. Good luck with tests.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. Anyone on here doing their fitness, interview and chit chat on Tuesday 3rd Sept??? I'm travelling down from oop north on the monday, just wondered if there's anyone doing similar.

Well done to all through to this stage ......

its squeeky bum time.....
Old Aug 6th 2013, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Adix2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VikkiShields
I am sure it will. Have you checked edgeware tube station mind think its closed till Christmas. Good luck with tests.
Thanks for that.I wouldn't have looked.managed to get a babysitter so now it's just me and hubby
Anyone have any idea how long the interview may be? Gotta book return train that's all.thanks
Old Aug 7th 2013, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys and Gals, thought I'd share a hot tip for a hotel.
After days of searching and sifting through Tripadvisor and the various Compare Hotel prices websites, I found this one (St Giles Hotel, London. http://www.stgiles.com/default.aspx?pg=packagepage) copy and paste that into your browser.
Basically it is £190 for 2 nights including brecky. It has private rooms, ensuite and TV's Wifi access you name it.
It also has a gym in the basement. The gym just happens to be the YMCA run one, we will be using for our fitness. Its a £6-7 taxi ride from St Pancras station, and to Oz House its a £5 taxi ride.
For the fitness test you just walk downstairs, simples !!
For those who don't fancy the tube, it's walking distance (10 mins) to Oz house for those who want to stroll.
Book directly from their website as it was cheapest I found.

Good Luck to all my potential Oz colleagues.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh and click on the advanced booking button and save 10%, works out at £153 for 2 nights ! Bargain
Old Aug 9th 2013, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

Well lads and ladies how's the training going? I did a trial run with the bleep test today and wasnt too impressed as I've been flat out at the gym for the last couple of months!
Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Irishcop
Well lads and ladies how's the training going? I did a trial run with the bleep test today and wasnt too impressed as I've been flat out at the gym for the last couple of months!
Irishcop,

What level did you get to ?
Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Got to level 6.4 now I'm goin to put that down to not having been well the last few days and not haven eaten anythin today. I've to get level,7.1 so I'm hoping that wont be a problem. Did the agility test, hard enough to set up cuz we don't know the measurements across but set it up fairly wide and passed that, it's tougher than it looks. The fella in the video looks like he has time for a wee cuppa tea during his!!!!!
Old Aug 9th 2013, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Irishcop
Got to level 6.4 now I'm goin to put that down to not having been well the last few days and not haven eaten anythin today. I've to get level,7.1 so I'm hoping that wont be a problem. Did the agility test, hard enough to set up cuz we don't know the measurements across but set it up fairly wide and passed that, it's tougher than it looks. The fella in the video looks like he has time for a wee cuppa tea during his!!!!!
Your not far off it then. What training are you doing? Besides, adrenaline and sheer stubbornness will see you through the extra sprints. I'm 39 so I have to get level 9.1. Another few months and I'd only need level 8.1. Bummer.
Old Aug 10th 2013, 11:14 am
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

The agility test is 4m wide
Old Aug 10th 2013, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brisbec
How long did it take from getting told you had definitely got in. Till you got a starting date please.
Old Aug 10th 2013, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
Your not far off it then. What training are you doing? Besides, adrenaline and sheer stubbornness will see you through the extra sprints. I'm 39 so I have to get level 9.1. Another few months and I'd only need level 8.1. Bummer.
I've a PT at the minute twice a week and then for 3-4 other days I'm runnin my wee legs off on interval training on the runnin machine!
Old Aug 10th 2013, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brisbec
Really???? I think I had mine prob 10m wide!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.