Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA - June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

WA - June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

Old Aug 1st 2013, 9:37 am
Just Joined

PrincessLaura is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

My partner has just received an unsuccessful email. My heart is breaking.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PrincessLaura
My partner has just received an unsuccessful email. My heart is breaking.
Really sorry to hear that I don't know a huge amount about visas by if u have been living together more than a year I think they can go on ur visa as ur de facto. That way they would apply once over there?
Old Aug 1st 2013, 10:06 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishcop
Really sorry to hear that I don't know a huge amount about visas by if u have been living together more than a year I think they can go on ur visa as ur de facto. That way they would apply once over there?
Yep - they can be included as a dependant. Obviously a lot of talking to be done though

Sorry PrincessLaura
Old Aug 1st 2013, 10:07 am
Just Joined

PrincessLaura is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Irishcop
He is a true policeman, he loves his job, he would never consider doing anything else... Ah we'll, c'est la vie.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 10:09 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PrincessLaura
He is a true policeman, he loves his job, he would never consider doing anything else... Ah we'll, c'est la vie.
If he came over on your visa, there would be nothing to stop him applying from here I think. Worth checking anyway.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 4:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If he came over on your visa, there would be nothing to stop him applying from here I think. Worth checking anyway.
yes, he would have his own PR visa so could apply once he arrives here
Old Aug 4th 2013, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband got his tests on 17th and meeting on 18th. We staying in premier inn in the docklands as we stayed in the docklands last time and we know where we going. It was £123 for 2 nights hopefully I can attend meeting with him as long as baby doesn't come early.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Vicki
Same as me, I was looking for a cheap hotel that's fairly close as I don't know London at all. How far away is that to the YMCA and oz house ?
Old Aug 4th 2013, 5:50 pm
fhj
Just Joined

fhj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.

Are partners allowed to attend the Information day too??

Thanks.

Well done everyone so far!!!

Last edited by fhj; Aug 4th 2013 at 6:15 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 4th 2013, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

You have to get the DLR then the tube took us about 20 mins if that. Was really easy to find. Oz house is right near temple tube station. Docklands lovely place with lovely pub right outside premier inn

Yeah partners can attend the meeting
Old Aug 4th 2013, 7:02 pm
fhj
Just Joined

fhj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VikkiShields
You have to get the DLR then the tube took us about 20 mins if that. Was really easy to find. Oz house is right near temple tube station. Docklands lovely place with lovely pub right outside premier inn

Yeah partners can attend the meeting
Thanks vikki

Good luck all!
Old Aug 4th 2013, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah I had to google the DLR and what it stood for !! as I said, I do not know London at ALL, and last time, was very lucky and had a friend to guide me. Alas, he is not available this time around and so this time. So any helpful info would be great.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

I just typed in google what tube stations are closest to the points that my husband needed to be near and downloaded a map of tube station before we went so I knew where we were going. The DLR runs very regularly and last time we had no problems. This time however I won't be travelling round London as I will 38 weeks pregnant so think I will just ask if I could sit in reception of oz house and YMCA as don't want to be on my own heavily pregnant. I really want to go to the meeting as they say its really informative for the family. As I type this my husband is currently trying to master the dreaded sit up lol. Is anyone on this forum from Cleveland police.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Oh just practise, it'll come. Once he's done it he'll think what was all the fuss about ?
I'm travelling into St Pancras so managed to find a hotel over the road from there, cheap as chips and within a 5 min taxi ride to both Oz house and YMCA ! Result as I was dreading going on the tube !
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

That's good. We driving down as rail was so expensive plus if I can't go then we not losing out on rail fair. I was dreading the tube as the first time we took our 5 year old son but it was ok. If I can do that I can do anything lol. Did you say you had your tests on the 17th September.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.