Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA - June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

WA - June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

Old Sep 16th 2013, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA - June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

Good luck brother bagdog...... early to bed and resist those brighty smoke lights!!
Old Sep 16th 2013, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Good luck Bagdog.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 3:28 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishcop
Gregster apologies if this is patronising, heat and ice as much as u can whenever ur not up and about on ur feet. I picked up an injury and was advised to go with heat and ice and it worked wonders for me. Hope this helps
No need to apologise Irish. Have been doing the hot/cold thing this morning and will continue to do so until Friday, thanks. I'm working today and tomorrow, but off Weds for the RJP session at Aus House, and Thursday so will rest up properly.

It's not like there is enough pressure on us all, but my daughter is having her tonsils out, plus grommets and adenoids sorted on Friday, probably be in theatre about the time I'm in the interview, 8am!!! What to do for 4+ hours after the interview and before the fitness test? Don't want to be walking around London, I want to rest with no strain on my Achilles, and chill out!!!

Anyone else up there on Friday?
Old Sep 16th 2013, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Indous is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bagdog
Off to the bright lights today for fitness tomorrow. Good luck to all and I'll hopefully see you on the other side.

My Bottom is starting to feel like a twitching rabbits nose !

I'm doing the fitness yet tomorrow too. I'll be the one breathing out of my arse and crawling over the beep test line!

Good luck everyone though!
Old Sep 16th 2013, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh nightmare just keep thinking that u could have great news for her coming out of theatre and that should push U on

On the day get the deep heat on it, and if possible one of the wrap round bandages that feels band aids (no idea what they are called!) I used them for a full season in footie with a bad pull to my quad. No laughin matter after each match when the bandage came off but hey it got me through at the time!! If u have any swelling get iprobrufen into u but make sure u eat first as it can be pretty harsh on an empty stomach!
Old Sep 16th 2013, 6:52 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishcop
Oh nightmare just keep thinking that u could have great news for her coming out of theatre and that should push U on

On the day get the deep heat on it, and if possible one of the wrap round bandages that feels band aids (no idea what they are called!) I used them for a full season in footie with a bad pull to my quad. No laughin matter after each match when the bandage came off but hey it got me through at the time!! If u have any swelling get iprobrufen into u but make sure u eat first as it can be pretty harsh on an empty stomach!
Thanks, I've just ordered some of the tape, Kinesiology or something like that!! Will be rubbing the deep heat on first then wrapping ankle, lower calf. Getting some iprobrurufen gel for the next couple of days too! Don't want to eat too much just before the fitness test, but as I'll be on a train at 6am, I'll have to eat sometime!

The wife will be with my little girl, and we went through it with our son, but it will be hard not to think of her having the op! Wife is very supportive and telling me not to think of our daughter, just to nail the interview and fitness. After all, it's for all of us that I'm doing this, so like you say, it'll be an incentive to push on and do the absolute best I can.

Thanks again Irish
Old Sep 16th 2013, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

U will be fine. It's obvious that u want it so much. Also don't forget that the all important adrenalin will be flowing so hopefully that will ease the pain a wee bit, then u can celebrate with a wee beverage after to numb it! All the best for the fitness and I hope the op goes well for ur daughter one week tomorrow and I'll be doin my fitness too!
Old Sep 17th 2013, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck everyone today doing fitness hope you all smash it. So disappointed I couldn't be there to support my husband but this boy of mine decided to come early.
Once again good luck.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 6:57 am
Living the dream in WA

Good luck to you too Vikki! Your hubby will be fine. Shame we couldn't meet at the info session, but that'll have to wait for Aus now!!
Old Sep 17th 2013, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Fingers crossed. He not had any chance for any training since Wednesday. Good luck. Look out for him he got a shaved head and called Paul. Lol. Proberly be loads of Paul's there mind.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 9:13 am
Living the dream in WA

Will try to find him!!
Old Sep 17th 2013, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Oh so nervous waiting for the phone call. How long does the fitness last please.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

deadlyminimee is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends how many are doing it today. Up to 2 hours
Old Sep 17th 2013, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you. I best keep waiting then it didn't start to 2 then by the time I suspose you warm up, wait for everyone etc. just so nervous for him with everything that's happended this week he hasn't had any time for practice.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

deadlyminimee is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure he will be fine, everyone else there will spur him on... Ill keep my fingers crossed.... Just update us here as soon as you know so I can uncross them!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.