Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA - June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

WA - June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

Old Sep 6th 2013, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Indous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA - June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

Sounds like a weird question, but what sort of cones are they? Are they tall ones or small ones that sit on the floor? I'm guessing small ones will be easier to run around without touching. Anyone have any ideas?
Old Sep 6th 2013, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

They're not tall ones. It's the cones the resemble cereal bowls. Don't try and run over them though cause that's a disqualification and you only get two chances.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

They're the ones I've been practicing with. Phew! Still not comfortably at, or under(!), the magic 17 yet though!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

What surface are you practising on?
Old Sep 6th 2013, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Started on grass which wasn't the best, then moved onto an athletics track in the local sports hall. Managed to knock about 0.4 of a second off. Thought its be more but ill have to try harder I guess.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Indous
Started on grass which wasn't the best, then moved onto an athletics track in the local sports hall. Managed to knock about 0.4 of a second off. Thought its be more but ill have to try harder I guess.
My husband been doing it on grass and is focusing that much on not slipping he keeps hitting the last cone on the middle section. We going to use the local hall to do a trial run. Only problem is finding a time when it's free and when he off. By what's been on this forum and other ones I on lots of people failing the agility. Have you read what Harry said about the starting position is not how it is in the video. Start practising that way.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Mate, take my advice. Do it in a sports hall. With the non-slip surface you'll smash it and the confidence will flow.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

What video is this? Have you got a link please?
Old Sep 6th 2013, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

If you go on the Step Forward website and click on latest news. The video drop down menu appears. In there are videos showing the individual elements of the fitness. In the agility test video the guy starts with hands at shoulder height and elbows in the air. On the day we had to have elbows touching the ground.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that. I'll have a look! Off to do a 6-4 now so won't be able to practice just yet!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 4:33 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

I did my first attempt at the agility on Tuesday, in the sports hall at work, non slip surface and managed 17.3, even with a dodgy Achilles' tendon after running the shuttle run! I'd have been quite disheartened if I'd been practising and not got near the 17seconds, so it really is worthwhile doing it on the correct surface and boosting your confidence that you can do it.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Hi, I've just watched the videos. That guy makes it all look so easy!
I haven't heard about the pulling/pushing one though. We aren't doing that are we?
Old Sep 9th 2013, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

No we don't do the push pull
Old Sep 9th 2013, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Indous. Think you might have to work just a wee bit harder than the guy in the video.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

You may also want to read the material they sent you in your acceptance email re what will be expected and on what order.
Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.