Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA - June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

WA - June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

Old Aug 25th 2013, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future
Default Re: WA - June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

Simps - my advice is get yourself down to a gym hall, get the agility measured out accurately and get some one to time you. Don't leave it to chance.

I was trying it on grass and couldn't make it. Done it in the gym hall and made it 4/4. The confidence boost is awesome.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

Well how is the training coming along for everyone?? I was looking at the videos again online and for those struggling with the sit up, it looks like so long as ur feet don't come totally off the ground then it's accepted. I'm finally gettin somewhere with the push ups, and have managed to get somewhere with them that I was told I medically never would be able to do. Just goes to show what hard work and determination can do. Hope everyone is making progress and good luck to those doin their tests next week x
Old Aug 27th 2013, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jim_1 View Post
Well congrats to everyone for getting through!

i have been training like a nutter. i do the bleep test twice a week. still only managing 9.1!!! i need 10.1!! anyone on here doing the same? im still improving but time is running out im there on the 2nd/3rd sep!! has anyone been using pre workout supplements and have they helped?

Yeah, fast walk the first couple levels (it's doable - you walk then do couple seconds slow jog to catch up with the bleep). That should take you through to 10.1. Also, remember that adrenaline on the day will carry you through. From what I was reading every one passes the bleep, the agility test is the hard one.

Good luck
Old Aug 27th 2013, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Irishcop View Post
Well how is the training coming along for everyone?? I was looking at the videos again online and for those struggling with the sit up, it looks like so long as ur feet don't come totally off the ground then it's accepted. I'm finally gettin somewhere with the push ups, and have managed to get somewhere with them that I was told I medically never would be able to do. Just goes to show what hard work and determination can do. Hope everyone is making progress and good luck to those doin their tests next week x
Well done!! I had the same with the bleep. Started with level 7 and was blowing my lungs out. Now - required level every time. practice practice practice
Old Aug 27th 2013, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaqMusic View Post
Well done!! I had the same with the bleep. Started with level 7 and was blowing my lungs out. Now - required level every time. practice practice practice
Woohooo happy days!!! Just goes to show wots possible when we put our mind to things!
Old Aug 27th 2013, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Irishcop. I'm stoked for you. The confidence boost from getting those push ups done will stand you in good stead.

I've got four more training runs to go before the big day.
Incidentally I'm told that as long as you pass its fine. Hitting extra levels will not put you ahead of anyone else for selection so I fully intend to hit level 9.1 and stop to conserve energy.
Hope the rest of you are all training hard and injury free.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

simps is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with it all harry youll soon be drinking wine with a big fat cigar celebrating
Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HarryBosch View Post
Irishcop. I'm stoked for you. The confidence boost from getting those push ups done will stand you in good stead.

I've got four more training runs to go before the big day.
Incidentally I'm told that as long as you pass its fine. Hitting extra levels will not put you ahead of anyone else for selection so I fully intend to hit level 9.1 and stop to conserve energy.
Hope the rest of you are all training hard and injury free.
Awww thanks Harry big relief and exactly wot I needed!!!! Keep up the training and hopefully we could all be Oz buddies!
Old Aug 28th 2013, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

jim_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaqMusic View Post
Yeah, fast walk the first couple levels (it's doable - you walk then do couple seconds slow jog to catch up with the bleep). That should take you through to 10.1. Also, remember that adrenaline on the day will carry you through. From what I was reading every one passes the bleep, the agility test is the hard one.

Good luck
lets pray it goes well. i havent even began to look at the interview im mainly focusing on the fitness. good luck to you all. i just wish i was a few years older for the bleep test
Old Aug 28th 2013, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Nottsscouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Have we had any interview tips yet?
Old Aug 28th 2013, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Brush up on WAPOL policing by going on their website. My husband has done some research into their core values. Think there are 6 of them. Know your stuff about oz way of life so they know your not just going for the sun.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 3:19 am
Just Joined

htallis is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have any more info on the October 2013 intakes? in terms of numbers confirmed already?

The step forward website shows scheduled intakes in Sep and 2xOct, does anyone know anyone who has been confirmed and wether or not they are fully subscribed yet?

Im already living in Perth and just completed the final medical requirements hoping to squeeze into one of the Oct wings and trying to gauge my chances.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, a friend of mine has been offered courses in Nov 13 and Apr 14. They're the next two, I'm led to believe. So good luck.

Any tips on where to live with a young family? (8 & 2) we all love the outdoors and what it brings. Thanks.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:10 am
Just Joined

htallis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maddjose View Post
Hi there, a friend of mine has been offered courses in Nov 13 and Apr 14. They're the next two, I'm led to believe. So good luck.

Any tips on where to live with a young family? (8 & 2) we all love the outdoors and what it brings. Thanks.
That’s interesting "Nov 13". My experience is that their recruiting program is very disorganised/overwhelmed.

Perth is huge. So there’s many suburbs to meet many tastes. I live in Melville which is on the swan river inland from Fremantle and it is very nice. My only recommendation to anyone coming to perth would be; be as close as you can to the water. Not just fro the outdoor pursuits, which are very nice, but in summer is id tremendously hot and the sea breeze is a god send.

From what I am being told all the metro vacancies are "south of the river". Everything in Perth is described as either being sourth of the river (SOR) or North. South is very nice and more affordable.

The academy is almost as north in the city as you can go so a commute is going to occur where ever you live but if you live south it will obviously be longer.

If your renting initially try and get somewhere within close proximity to the sea/river. Its unlikely you'l ever be able to buy there but renting is affordable and very pleasant.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by htallis View Post
That’s interesting "Nov 13". My experience is that their recruiting program is very disorganised/overwhelmed.

Perth is huge. So there’s many suburbs to meet many tastes. I live in Melville which is on the swan river inland from Fremantle and it is very nice. My only recommendation to anyone coming to perth would be; be as close as you can to the water. Not just fro the outdoor pursuits, which are very nice, but in summer is id tremendously hot and the sea breeze is a god send.

From what I am being told all the metro vacancies are "south of the river". Everything in Perth is described as either being sourth of the river (SOR) or North. South is very nice and more affordable.

The academy is almost as north in the city as you can go so a commute is going to occur where ever you live but if you live south it will obviously be longer.

If your renting initially try and get somewhere within close proximity to the sea/river. Its unlikely you'l ever be able to buy there but renting is affordable and very pleasant.

Thanks for that info and good luck. Yes they certainly seem a tad unsure as to what is or isn't going on!! They're not much better during their transitional course by all accounts.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.