British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   WA -how many? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/wa-how-many-804770/)

fadsie1 Aug 1st 2013 9:45 am

WA -how many?

I wonder how many have been eliminated at this stage? With 150 the golden number do you think that a successful fitness test and if you show a commitment to the move in interview. Could we all get jobs? Commiserations to those who havent got through.

HarryBosch Aug 2nd 2013 1:27 pm

Re: how many?

I keep reading about 150 but if you look on the website they have only scheduled 2 transitional courses for next year. That's only 60 places. That's for April and May 2014. Presumably that will be updated and another 3 courses added.
Exciting and nervous times ahead. Now if only I could do that bloody sit-up !!!!

VikkiShields Aug 4th 2013 4:40 pm

Where is the I take information please. I been looking on the step forward website and all I can find is early 2014. My husbands friend has just passed after going over to perth to complete tests. I thought that everyone who had passed the first stage was through as long as they didn't fail the fitness or interview. Hopefully will get to ask questions at the meeting about finalising dates etc.
is anyone going over with young children. We will be taking our son who is 5 and our baby which is due in October.
Is anyone going to testing on 17th September
Congratulations to everyone through to this stage

HarryBosch Aug 4th 2013 7:28 pm

Intake dates are on the Step Forward sight. News page then scroll down to future recruit course dates.

VikkiShields Aug 4th 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks

Irishcop Aug 16th 2013 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by VikkiShields (Post 10834927)
Where is the I take information please. I been looking on the step forward website and all I can find is early 2014. My husbands friend has just passed after going over to perth to complete tests. I thought that everyone who had passed the first stage was through as long as they didn't fail the fitness or interview. Hopefully will get to ask questions at the meeting about finalising dates etc.
is anyone going over with young children. We will be taking our son who is 5 and our baby which is due in October.

I was speaking to a fella who started the WA college in February just gone. He seems to think there is is a transitional course in January and two in march

HarryBosch Aug 16th 2013 6:30 pm

How realistic is that though, if we're successful, in terms of receiving visas?

Irishcop Aug 16th 2013 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by HarryBosch (Post 10854261)
How realistic is that though, if we're successful, in terms of receiving visas?

Well I know him through his girlfriend who applied in the last intake. It took 3.5 weeks for his visa to be approved. Apparently if it's only u on ur visa it takes 3-4weeks, but if u have family/partners then it takes longer

Irishcop Aug 16th 2013 6:34 pm

Re: WA -how many?

Sorry for her visa not his!

HarryBosch Aug 16th 2013 6:39 pm

Jeez. That is quick. I have my better half and the kids so mine will take longer. Anyway, mustn't think about it now. Agility, bleep and sit up are what matters, and in that order too.

Trying to get in the StepForwArd web page just now to check to see if they've updated the course dates but it won't let me on.

HarryBosch Aug 16th 2013 6:43 pm

Still showing April and May 2014 for transitional courses.

gregster10217 Aug 16th 2013 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by VikkiShields (Post 10834927)

Hi Vikki

If successful, although I'm an Aussie applying from the UK, we will be going with our son and daughter, currently 6 and nearly 3. Just the right age to adapt, which they do quickly, and not too old to worry overly about schools upset etc. Just got to get through the next stage/s!!!

brisbec Aug 17th 2013 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Irishcop (Post 10854266)
Well I know him through his girlfriend who applied in the last intake. It took 3.5 weeks for his visa to be approved. Apparently if it's only u on ur visa it takes 3-4weeks, but if u have family/partners then it takes longer

Please don't believe that your visa will be issued within a specific time, other than the 6-9 months given on the immigration website.
Each visa is issued on it's own merit.
I know of a family guy who got his issued in 3 weeks - there were 4 of them in the family unit.
Similarly, I know of quite a few single guys, who's visas took 8-11 weeks.
There is no way of knowing how long it will take.

HarryBosch Aug 17th 2013 6:21 pm

As brisbec says. The visa times are out of our hands. Our job is to make sure that we reach the position where we need to apply for one. 2 weeks 4 days and counting every bloody second.

Indous Aug 17th 2013 9:15 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know the difference between the transitional squad and the recruit squad (May courses)? What would an application from Uk from a police officer of 5 years fall into?