Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

UK serving Police officer wanting to go to Australia

UK serving Police officer wanting to go to Australia

Old Apr 21st 2013, 8:10 am
Just Joined

MAVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK serving Police officer wanting to go to Australia

Originally Posted by Mmcole2011
I know a few of my husbands friends from the force are over in Oz and two of them are based WA. In fact, he's been speaking with them this week about applications and I know they said its the best thing they've ever done and have no regrets. One of them has been out there about 4 years and still loves it. His words were do it, you'll never look back!
Thanks for that. That's the general feeling I am getting from people! It is a risk but I'm hoping it pays off and it's good to get view from other officers who are out there now.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all

My brother is serving in Cornwall and had 7 years 3 months. He was difinitivley told no exceptions to the service requirements. I wrote to the Police and got a reply from the Assistant Commisioners office stating the reason for the limits is to target officers still doing front line policeing and to ensure a managable amount of applications. They said they would take my comments into concideration. I got the impression that if they felt they needed to change the requirements to get a beter "fit", they would.

Maybe all you UK people who are still doing front line and are 7+ should make your feeling know to WA recruitment/ the commisioners office - who knows.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

MAVA is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just been informed that WA Police may be coming to the UK in September for recruitment drive. This isn't 100% confirmed but I was told to keep a look out on their website.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 8:14 am
Just Joined

G4895D is an unknown quantity at this point

I have replied on another thread but the same question and issue is be discussed here. I have recently returned from the 3 day assessment in Perth and during the interview I was told by an inspector that the 7 year rule is probably going to be increased to 10 over the next 12 months or so. Hope this is good news for some of you and good luck!