UK probation.

Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:17 pm

desannda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK probation.

Good Afternoon-

I have been exploring the idea of working as a probation officer in the UK. I have been doing some research and am still confused on what needs to be done and if this is a posibility. I am a US citizen, have a master's of science degree in criminal justice and experience working in the criminal justice system. Is it possible for me to get hired in the UK with these qualifications? I recently looked into a "qualified probation officer" position and I feel as if I meet the requirements however I was told that this is for those who are already working as a PO. If that is correct what are the entry level positions and how do I break into that? I was also told that I would need to apply for a work permit upon acceptance of a job offer. Is this correct?

Any and all advice or tidbits are most appreciated.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 4:40 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK probation.

Since this relates to working and visa in the uk, better to pop over to UK Yankee, which is the equivalent of this form for the UK.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 9:31 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK probation.

Hi Desannda

Welcome to BE

Sorry I can;t give you the information you are looking for but the UK Probation Service is a national concern although managed at local level so entry requirements will be the same throughout the UK.
In view of that I would suggest you Google UK Probation Service where you should find their main website and some contact details. That is probably the most likely answer to your query as it may well be that your qualification are accepted by them.

All the best

Dread - x