Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

UK Police to Canadian Police

UK Police to Canadian Police

Old Jul 15th 2007, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

colleym is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Police to Canadian Police

Hello,

POLICE...wanting to move his job to Canada....

I am a full time serving Police Officer in the UK and I want to move, with my family, to Canada.

Although I have not yet decided on the area, and to a degree I am open to suggestions, I want to ensure first that the area is suitable for young children. I want them to have a positive environment to grow up in and at the same time I also want value for money, meaning I get a really nice property .

I love my job, and wish to remain a law enforcement officer, and as such I need to meet people who are in the know how or in the process of transferring/applying to the canadian Police.

Feel free to e-mail me on [email protected]

I have found that some/most immigration companies are all promising me the world and delivering very little.

Look forward to hearing from you in the near future

Regards

M
Old Jul 15th 2007, 11:40 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Police to Canadian Police

Originally Posted by colleym
Hello,

POLICE...wanting to move his job to Canada....

I am a full time serving Police Officer in the UK and I want to move, with my family, to Canada.

Although I have not yet decided on the area, and to a degree I am open to suggestions, I want to ensure first that the area is suitable for young children. I want them to have a positive environment to grow up in and at the same time I also want value for money, meaning I get a really nice property .

I love my job, and wish to remain a law enforcement officer, and as such I need to meet people who are in the know how or in the process of transferring/applying to the canadian Police.

Feel free to e-mail me on [email protected]

I have found that some/most immigration companies are all promising me the world and delivering very little.

Look forward to hearing from you in the near future

Regards

M
this is an absolutely huge area with the details you have given. you are not going to get many replies i am afraid unless you are more specific.
what i would suggest is to use the net, wikkipedia, google, etc etc and the websites of the various police agencies to choose an area/police service.
its a chicken and the egg scenario for most i am afraid, they won't employ you unless you have permanent residency, (the current wait for which i believe is around 5yrs) and a deciding factor in many applications of this nature is an offer of employment.
however if you want to move quicker and go to the area recruiting, instead of choosing an area to live, then applying, edmonton and calgary in alberta are currently recruiting. they use the provincial nominee programme (PNP). this means you apply, get a job offer, then go through immigration, then get a visa, land and start work. this whole process took me around 2yrs.
so it depends if you want to move and have the area you live in dictated by the employment opportunity, or you are prepared to wait, get your residency status and then choose any area in canada to serve in.
either way, if you have not already, you'll have to visit and tour extensively after narrowing down the search area obviously.
you've a lot of googling to do! feel free to come back to me with some more info/questions when you're done, i know its a big job and difficult at this stage, perseverance is the word, all the best.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

If you can make it to one of the Emigrate shows you should go the Calgary Police stand - they seemed pretty keen to recruit UK coppers and can give you loads of info and perhaps start the ball rolling there and then.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:16 pm
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
If you can make it to one of the Emigrate shows you should go the Calgary Police stand - they seemed pretty keen to recruit UK coppers and can give you loads of info and perhaps start the ball rolling there and then.
From what I have heard from my friend in the recruitment department of the CPS they will not be going to any more emigrate shows..... they have enough applicants to be processing for now.