UK to Canada

Old May 10th 2012, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Philbo2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK to Canada

Stewie - Mind if I ask how and when you went over?

Cheers - Phil
Old May 10th 2012, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Philbo2005
Stewie - Mind if I ask how and when you went over?

Cheers - Phil
I came over in late 2007 on an older version of this program: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...ting/ainp.aspx
Back then the police would apply on your behalf, enabling you to get permanent residence status in a matter of months rather than years, but they don't do this anymore.

I haven't had a UK ridealong in ages. Let me know a date when you'll be here and we'll sort something out.
Old May 11th 2012, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Padjers is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice folks.

We fly to Toronto the day after tomorrow where we'll head roughly in the direction of Vancouver. I will definitely try to organise a few ride-alongs on route. I'll post any decent info that I pick up out there.
Old May 13th 2012, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stewie_griffin
I came over in late 2007 on an older version of this program: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...ting/ainp.aspx
Back then the police would apply on your behalf, enabling you to get permanent residence status in a matter of months rather than years, but they don't do this anymore.

I haven't had a UK ridealong in ages. Let me know a date when you'll be here and we'll sort something out.

Sounds like a great idea, you enjoying it?

Have a good time pajgers
Old May 15th 2012, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

Sounds like a great idea, you enjoying it?
It's good. Less crime, fewer idiots.
Old May 26th 2012, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

boshwaggle will become famous soon enough

In the news over here is that the Canadian Immigration Minister Kenny is cancelling all backlogged visa applications in a huge overhaul of the Immigration system. In the new system, it is going to be much harder to get visa unless very highly qualified. I don't know if this will impact on future police recruitment from outside Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...012-03-30a.asp
Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Ollie_v is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Emyr

I'm thinking about emigrating to Canada, I'm a 5 yr frontline officer in Hampshire. Just wondering if life / work is better over there? And wether its worth the hassle?

Cheers
Ollie
Old Jun 6th 2012, 3:52 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ollie

Just noticed this is your first post so welcome to BE and the forum for all potential escapees of UK policing.

Whereabouts in Hants are you based? I was a Hants copper but I am noe retired (and extremely glad to be so seeing what is happening to the job now)

Dread - x
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Ollie_v is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Ollie

Just noticed this is your first post so welcome to BE and the forum for all potential escapees of UK policing.

Whereabouts in Hants are you based? I was a Hants copper but I am noe retired (and extremely glad to be so seeing what is happening to the job now)

Dread - x

Hi Dread,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm based in East Hants, lovely place to work however morale is very low and there is great difficulty in any sort of progression nowadays! Where abouts did you work?

Do you live in Canada now?

Ollie x
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:34 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ollie_v
Hi Dread,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm based in East Hants, lovely place to work however morale is very low and there is great difficulty in any sort of progression nowadays! Where abouts did you work?

Do you live in Canada now?

Ollie x

I worked all over but mainly East - started in Pompey then eventually ended my service at Fareham - got to admit the East was always my preferred part of the county to work in. Our paths may well have crossed at some point.

Moral is atrocious nowadays which is unsurprising really considering too many police managers make ridicoulous changes for no other reason than gathering evidence to use at their next promotion board. Put that together with being under constant attack by the government, and hardly any coppers to do the job, too much civilianisation, and too many people loitering in offices counting numbers - no wonder so any want to escape abroad to do the job they love. I would be too if I wasn't just retired.

I am not in Canada - I just tend to keep an eye on the police forum as I am a concierge on BE. I actually spend a lot of my time in India - but I would not recommend transferring to their police service - far too corrupt

Let's hope all you folks on here start getting soe promising news on international recruitment soon.

Dread - x
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

I agree Dread - let's hope some good news starts flowing some point soon...

I am also based in Hants - but I'm not Hants Pol
Old Jun 8th 2012, 9:58 pm

I agree Dread - let's hope some good news starts flowing some point soon...

I am also based in Hants - but I'm not Hants Pol
Modplod?

x
Old Jun 9th 2012, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Nope!
Old Jun 9th 2012, 7:54 pm

Nope!
Now I'm intrigued !

Dread - x
Old Jun 9th 2012, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

BTP...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.