UK to Canada

Old Mar 13th 2012, 11:09 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to Canada

Hi Emyr

Looks like you have started something here !!!

Thanks for helping our members with advice, always nice to see

Dread - x
Old Apr 24th 2012, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Philbo2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there...
I am new to the site and think it's a great source of information/advice! I have always fancied the move to Canada, I spent 8 months in Toronto when I was younger and loved it. I am a serving UK officer with 4 years experience and my girlfriend and I have booked a 2 week holiday in November to explore Alberta, she is a manager in Social Work over here so I think that we will have to go down the route for her job.

Keep all the good info coming, thanks everyone
Phil
Old Apr 24th 2012, 8:10 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Phil

Welcome to BE and the Police thread.

You will find plenty of information here and our regulars do tend to post any new updates - and there are quite a few ex UK plod in the Canadian forces here so they will give you the low down on what is what.

All the best with your plans

Dread - x
Old Apr 30th 2012, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Philbo2005
I have always fancied the move to Canada,.... I am a serving UK officer with 4 years experience
Phil
I was in the same boat when i came over back in 2007. See you in November.

Bring a vest.
Old May 2nd 2012, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stewie_griffin
I was in the same boat when i came over back in 2007. See you in November.

Bring a vest.
Thanks for your replies...

What force are you with? Any regrets?!

Vest - check!
Old May 4th 2012, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Philbo2005
Thanks for your replies...

What force are you with? Any regrets?!

Vest - check!
Edmonton. To be honest, I couldn't face doing the job in the UK again. Respect to those still working.
Old May 7th 2012, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Padjers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

Mind if I join in? Another first timer here so please forgive any cock-ups.

I'm can't believe i've finally found an active thread about transfering to Canada. They all seemed to have dried up when the Canadian recruitment drive stopped.

Anyway I am a London copper with a little under 7 years in and I am seriously looking at jumping ship and heading to the "promised land". I look forward to any advice from you folks on getting in to any Canadian Police Force.

In fact I am leaving next week to drag the missus across Canada in a motorhome - bit of a fact finding mission really since I have never actually visited the country. We have no set plans and would really appreciate any advice on the best places to go to get to chat with local officers (and yes, i know, a police station is a good place to start!).

Thanks in advance.
Old May 7th 2012, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Padjers
Hi folks,

Mind if I join in? Another first timer here so please forgive any cock-ups.

I'm can't believe i've finally found an active thread about transfering to Canada. They all seemed to have dried up when the Canadian recruitment drive stopped.

Anyway I am a London copper with a little under 7 years in and I am seriously looking at jumping ship and heading to the "promised land". I look forward to any advice from you folks on getting in to any Canadian Police Force.

In fact I am leaving next week to drag the missus across Canada in a motorhome - bit of a fact finding mission really since I have never actually visited the country. We have no set plans and would really appreciate any advice on the best places to go to get to chat with local officers (and yes, i know, a police station is a good place to start!).

Thanks in advance.
Hi Padjers

Welcome to BE.
This certainly seems the place to check in on a regular basis to check up on vacancies in foreign police forces.
We also have a Canada forum which you may want to check out as well - especially if you want information to help you on your intended drive through there. They are a friendly bunch on that forum and always happy to share useful info.

All the best

Dread - x
Old May 8th 2012, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Hi Padjers,

I have sent you a private message, but you may have to post a couple of things on the forum first to activate the message side of things.

Regards

Nige
Old May 9th 2012, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Padjers

Welcome to BE.
This certainly seems the place to check in on a regular basis to check up on vacancies in foreign police forces.
We also have a Canada forum which you may want to check out as well - especially if you want information to help you on your intended drive through there. They are a friendly bunch on that forum and always happy to share useful info.

All the best

Dread - x
Thanks for the advice Dread. I've had a look at the Canada forum and there's a lot of good stuff there. It's a pity I didn't find this earlier - I've got my work cut out going through it all before we go
Old May 9th 2012, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nige1521
Hi Padjers,

I have sent you a private message, but you may have to post a couple of things on the forum first to activate the mess

age side of things.

Regards

Nige
Hi Nige. After sending this I should be able to see your pm.

Thanks

Padjers
Old May 9th 2012, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Can anybody tell me if shooting clubs are as popular with Canadian Officers as they are with their US counterparts and if, as a tourist, i'd be able to join one.
Old May 9th 2012, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

emyrthomas is an unknown quantity at this point

I certainly know colleges that are in clubs in the local area but I couldn't speculate as to all Canadian officers. I however am not in any club.

Emyr.
Old May 9th 2012, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Padjers,

I can only suggest that if you are on a fact-finding mission, some Police Services here in Canada offer a Civilian Ride a long program, where you can spend a shift with an officer, attending calls etc. Depends where you are going in Canada, check with the appropriate Police Service if they offer that.

Edmonton Police Service do.

Nige
Old May 10th 2012, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

I spoke with Edmonton Police Service yesterday and they said that it is very unlikely their International Recruitment campaign will re-open any time soon but said I am always welcome to pop in to the recruitment office when I go in November... Think I will look in to the ride along opportunity though, anyone know the best person to contact?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.