Information needed

Old Mar 11th 2017, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Faulkers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Information needed

Hello,

My husband is currently a DS and is interested in emigration to Australia or Canada, can anyone help me with where to start?

Thanks
Old Mar 11th 2017, 7:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Information needed

Originally Posted by Faulkers
Hello,

My husband is currently a DS and is interested in emigration to Australia or Canada, can anyone help me with where to start?

Thanks
Not good news as far as Australia goes I'm afraid. The only way into Aus as a police officer i by gaining sonsorship and at present no police services are sponsoring or are likely to in the near future.
South and Western Australia have both sponsored in the past but in the current climate there is no sign of them doing so again soon.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 11:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Information needed

Canada would be an option if he or you qualified for a visa in your own right (i.e. not sponsored by any police force). Start with the CIC website and then head over to the immi section of the forum to ask any questions about the visa process or his eligibility, if he can get PR then he could work in the Canadian police force, but they just don't sponsor for visas.

HTH, good luck.