British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Thinking about moving to Oz (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/thinking-about-moving-oz-503297/)

swoopy91 Jan 3rd 2008 4:54 pm

Thinking about moving to Oz

Hi all, i am a serving police officer currently on a career break from the UK and working for the Royal Cayman Islands Islands Police. I do not want to return to policing in England and there is a 7 year limit here so the RCIP cannot be a permanent home! I am seriously considering a move to Oz (if any forces are still recruiting). Any advice re cost of living / wages / lifestyle would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

Pompeyboy Jan 3rd 2008 6:07 pm

Re: Thinking about moving to Oz

Originally Posted by swoopy91 (Post 5734789)
Hi all, i am a serving police officer currently on a career break from the UK and working for the Royal Cayman Islands Islands Police. I do not want to return to policing in England and there is a 7 year limit here so the RCIP cannot be a permanent home! I am seriously considering a move to Oz (if any forces are still recruiting). Any advice re cost of living / wages / lifestyle would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

Speak to Simon Bennet (Former Hants Police Officer) he is in the Caymans Police and may have some info for you...or his Mrs..Sandra..

swoopy91 Jan 3rd 2008 6:51 pm

Thanks, i will. I know them well :-)

Pompeyboy Jan 3rd 2008 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by swoopy91 (Post 5735099)
Thanks, i will. I know them well :-)

Tell them Hopesy said hello

swoopy91 Jan 4th 2008 9:58 am

Will do, can guess where u know em from by the screen name! Probably see em next week so will pass the message on:thumbup:

rickbill Mar 19th 2008 9:34 am

Originally Posted by swoopy91 (Post 5734789)

Hi all, i too am a serving police officer, (14 years Met). I'm looking into leaving this Green and pleasant land ;) for Oz and would welcome any advice and or tips etc especially in relation to the police entrance system for SA.
Would love to hear from anyone who has made the move with your experiences good and bad.

Rick

geordiebloke Mar 19th 2008 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by rickbill (Post 6083266)
Hi all, i too am a serving police officer, (14 years Met). I'm looking into leaving this Green and pleasant land ;) for Oz and would welcome any advice and or tips etc especially in relation to the police entrance system for SA.
Would love to hear from anyone who has made the move with your experiences good and bad.

Rick

Hi Rick

I've been through the process for Western Australia and I hope to be over there by the end of the summer.
Have a look at the officer.com website, click on agencies and you are provided with a list of countries, click on Australia and you then get links
to all of the police agencies over there.
Just contact the relevant recruiting dept. and they'll provide you with all the
info you require :thumbup:

Steve

rickbill Mar 19th 2008 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by geordiebloke (Post 6084359)
Hi Rick

I've been through the process for Western Australia and I hope to be over there by the end of the summer.
Have a look at the officer.com website, click on agencies and you are provided with a list of countries, click on Australia and you then get links
to all of the police agencies over there.
Just contact the relevant recruiting dept. and they'll provide you with all the
info you require :thumbup:

Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks so much for that.
Good luck with your move!!

Rick