Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Tested in march 07 for CPS

Tested in march 07 for CPS

Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:14 am
Just Joined

lizzybizzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tested in march 07 for CPS

Hi all

My husband went over to Calgary on 24th March 07 for his testing week, we have still not heard anything as yet has anyone else who may of gone over around the same time.

The waiting is killing me

Many thanks
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tested in march 07 for CPS

Hi - the waiting is the most agonising bit, isn't it - completely sympathise!

Hubby's timeline :

1 -Hubby did tests mid December
2 - We heard from file manager second week in January that he had 'passed' everything.
3 - Then they had to start the background checks
4 - and then his file would be put before the selection committee on 20th February (which was delayed another week to 28th, by which time I had no hair and nails left!)

So from final test date to final phone call was 7-8 weeks in total. Hope that helps and gives you some idea

Good luck
Old May 9th 2007, 2:06 pm
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lizzybizzy
Hi all

My husband went over to Calgary on 24th March 07 for his testing week, we have still not heard anything as yet has anyone else who may of gone over around the same time.

The waiting is killing me

Many thanks
I was talking to my good friend who is in recruitment. They have over 150 UK officers in the application process and only two people processing them. There are more UK applicants than those from Calgarians!

He was complaining to me that they are just really over stretched. Just a hint though, that they work 10 hour days, 4 days a week. So do not try to contact them on Friday as they are not there and Monday they spend all day repling to emails from over the weekend.

I joined the CPS after 15 years in the Met and now assist other people to move over. PM for more info
Old May 10th 2007, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Ann and Helen for your replies

We had a call from Ryan, my OH file manager on 1st May to say that his application has progressed to the background checks and that we should hear in about 3 weeks as to the final outcome.

My OH was advised by the guy who did his poly test that if you get to the background checks the rest is formality, but we are not getting our hopes up too high and i am thinking we are going to fall at the final hurdle. Saying that, we have started to think about de-cluttering the house and giving it a lick of paint before it goes on the market if the decision goes our way, I say thinking about as it is such a huge task especially as we both work full time - me at home as a childminder, and with two children where will we find the time, but i'm sure if we get a job offer and PNP place i'm sure that will be motivation enough.

Have either of you heard of anyone getting turned down at this stage?

Helen, thanks for the offer, we have seen your advert in emigrate canada and have looked at your web site, however we have made contact we Julie Parry in Okotoks who is helping us at this time.
Old May 15th 2007, 4:07 am
and Twitchy

Nickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura about

Lizzybizzy

Good choice of realtor, you wont go wrong with Julie.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:04 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ann m
Hi - the waiting is the most agonising bit, isn't it - completely sympathise!

Hubby's timeline :

1 -Hubby did tests mid December
2 - We heard from file manager second week in January that he had 'passed' everything.
3 - Then they had to start the background checks
4 - and then his file would be put before the selection committee on 20th February (which was delayed another week to 28th, by which time I had no hair and nails left!)

So from final test date to final phone call was 7-8 weeks in total. Hope that helps and gives you some idea

Good luck
I am just about to send the application forms in during the next week hopefully. How long was it between your application forms going in to you hearing anything? I am worried sick about my credit rating. About a year ago I changed bank accounts and the bank didn't move two direct debits, which meant the first I knew about debts was when the letter arrived from the debt collecting agency. I paid it straight away, but it was too late for the credit rating by then!! I've told them all about it, but I'm still worried sick.

Gerry
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:44 pm
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of

Have either of you heard of anyone getting turned down at this stage?

Unfortunatley yes I have had two friends turn down at the final stage when your application goes before the board. Sorry.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Helen

What was the reasons for the CPS not taking your friends applications further, if you don't mind me asking.

We have now been advised that the selection panel won't now sit until the last week in June and this isn't definate as all co-ordination of those involved hasn't to be spot on. so we wait again!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Default WE DID IT

Well we finally got the call we were waiting for last night.

The board had sat and apparently no questions were asked of Ryan on my OH application - what a clever boy!!!! and a job offer and PNP place are ours.

Now I know we have many challenges ahead, lots of waiting and much frustration I would image but hey at least we know that we are moving in the right direction and that direction is Alberta!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:57 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all

Congratulations.....

My husband is just waiting on his application - and already we just want to get the call saying yes - but we still have a long way to go.....

Would you mind PM us with some details of what it was all like.

Thanks

Dawn
Old Jun 21st 2007, 3:10 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WE DID IT

Originally Posted by lizzybizzy
Well we finally got the call we were waiting for last night.

The board had sat and apparently no questions were asked of Ryan on my OH application - what a clever boy!!!! and a job offer and PNP place are ours.

Now I know we have many challenges ahead, lots of waiting and much frustration I would image but hey at least we know that we are moving in the right direction and that direction is Alberta!!!!
Congratulations. Really pleased for you. Have some karma.
Mrs minihaha
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats lizzybizzy (and OH of course!!) - exciting times