Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Old May 9th 2011, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice
Default Re: SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

We asked for Port Lincoln and got it. Some other people who we met who also asked to go country got their chosen locations.

Good luck everyone!!
Old May 9th 2011, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

John2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Originally Posted by scottnjen
I don't think you could have revised for the Psychometric testing its all about you and what you think!!!

We have not said anything to anyone about doing this yet (apart from friends in Adelaide !) just going to see how we get along - its defo going to be a long 3 weeks. I just hope we have done enough !!!!

I have been looking for houses and schools but I am too scared to make phone calls incase I find something really nice and cant have it.

Hope you have done good :-)
ScottnJen

Yeah you could revise for the timed vocab, numerical, punctuation and puzzle tests there is a website that has timed exams, almost exactly the same as the ones we sat on the day, fully aware you cant revise for the tests around your own attitudes!!! lol

Anyway i have been hearing lots of stories from different people about the fitness test and if you look at previous threads from the recruitment last year about the 'sit ups' ie will they be with a twist or not. i emailed SAPOL and they have replied to say they will be standard full sit ups no twist. hope this helps you all in your fitness preperations
cheers
good luck
Old May 10th 2011, 11:44 am
Just Joined

scottnjen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John2013
ScottnJen

Yeah you could revise for the timed vocab, numerical, punctuation and puzzle tests there is a website that has timed exams, almost exactly the same as the ones we sat on the day, fully aware you cant revise for the tests around your own attitudes!!! lol

Anyway i have been hearing lots of stories from different people about the fitness test and if you look at previous threads from the recruitment last year about the 'sit ups' ie will they be with a twist or not. i emailed SAPOL and they have replied to say they will be standard full sit ups no twist. hope this helps you all in your fitness preperations
cheers
good luck
Thanks for that bit of info - will definitely help with fitness prep. Your right re the tests tho. You cant revise for tests about yourself !!! Time for the Gym now !!!
Old May 10th 2011, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

LadyG76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Re the psychometric tests, what is wrong with being married and fantasizing about someone else? I spent most of the 90's dreaming about The Hoff in Baywatch - does this make me unacceptable in Australian society?!

And what is wrong with taking the jaywalker's shoes as punishment? I thought that was a unique and acceptable way of dealing!

Lady G
Old May 11th 2011, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

t9jla will become famous soon enough

I must admit I'm a little worried about that question, I'd forgotten about it. I think I'm normal even thoughI don't fantasise about other people. Perhaps SAPOL will think I'm boring. I also had issue with laughing at people doing 'stupid' things. I certainly laugh at people doing silly things but I avoid the word 'stupid' because to me it means something a bit more derrogatory. Maybe that comes from avoiding using the word with my kids though I couldn't explain that on a true or false option. Add to that that I concluded I was a crap friend, and that most people wouldn't fiddle their income tax (wish they could pay less and moan about it yes, but not actually fiddle it) I'm wondering if I'm now destined for failure. Oh well at least I still have a marriage, I'll need that with no friends !!
Old May 17th 2011, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Chris_Zuzi is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't be too concerned about where you get posted - just getting out here is a massive bonus!
Old May 17th 2011, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Barbiehen is an unknown quantity at this point

If successful, do you get help with housing when you move out?
Old May 17th 2011, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

MOJONEO is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing financial, you do get a liaison officer appointed to you though which can help with sorting out rental properties and answering the many questions you will have further down the track. It's also worth looking at holiday rentals early on as a lot of landlord won't let you have a rental property until you have physically seen the property and signed in person. We were lucky enough to have our liaison officer do that on our behalf, but for most it's not the norm. Another thing to stick in the back of your mind, if passports need renewing in the next year or so, consider getting them done before you come out as it's quite a bit more expensive doing it from this end
Old May 18th 2011, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Thanks for that, having young children, it's really important to know that we would have somewhere to stay when we arrived. I hadn't even thought about the passports but will check them out asap now. Fingers crossed that my other half makes it to the next stage
Old May 19th 2011, 2:36 am
Just Joined

Chris_Zuzi is an unknown quantity at this point

A few folks stay at the academy whilst their families stay at home initially. It's an option......
Old May 21st 2011, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Originally Posted by Barbiehen
If successful, do you get help with housing when you move out?

If you choose to go Country then yes you do. You are given a goverment house. We have 3 children and live in a 4 bed 2 bathroom house. It was waiting for us when we arrived and it was one less thing to worry about. It's a very modern open plan hugh house, it's lovely. We pay $179 a week for it as the police pay the other half of the rent. We also get our council tax and water rates paid for us. Going Country is a great choice financially and Port Lincoln is beautiful. Good luck!!
Old May 23rd 2011, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

That's what I originally thought, and I think if he is successful that would be the route we would request. It's really good to hear from someone who has gone through the process. Not long to go now until we find out x
Old May 25th 2011, 8:28 am
Just Joined

TextMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone else dieing to be put out the misery yet?!!
im on nights next week so ill be up whenever the email comes through (not sure if thats a good thing or not!)
from the previous emials it does look like around 250 left for the exams,anyone know what it would go down to for the interviews and physicals?
Old May 28th 2011, 11:38 am
Just Joined

I know the suspense is terrible. Is it Tuesday when we find out for definite? It's really difficult to plan ahead. I thought there would have been 350 tested over the week. My other half is very calm, but I'm the one who is nervous and its not even me who is going through the process, at the end of the day its definitely a family affair as it affects us all.
Old May 28th 2011, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sunworshipper
If you choose to go Country then yes you do. You are given a goverment house. We have 3 children and live in a 4 bed 2 bathroom house. It was waiting for us when we arrived and it was one less thing to worry about. It's a very modern open plan hugh house, it's lovely. We pay $179 a week for it as the police pay the other half of the rent. We also get our council tax and water rates paid for us. Going Country is a great choice financially and Port Lincoln is beautiful. Good luck!!
What areas are considered rural/country? as we have young children we thought that this would be the best option for us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.