Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Old Apr 4th 2011, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

t9jla will become famous soon enough
Default Re: SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Originally Posted by desperately seeking
I'd heard that 1000 figure too. Well, it seems as though i've finally managed to throw this application down under and not have it boomerang back to me. Touch wood they like what they read.
Have you managed to send your application yet ? I am struggling with the file size also and have skimmed it to the minimum but it keeps getting rejected. I may email them and ask if it's ok to send 2 emails which they can connect together at their end ...............
Old Apr 4th 2011, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

desperately seeking is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by t9jla
Have you managed to send your application yet ? I am struggling with the file size also and have skimmed it to the minimum but it keeps getting rejected. I may email them and ask if it's ok to send 2 emails which they can connect together at their end ...............
Yeah, i had trouble too. I think fourth rescan got it though. All the application paperwork and anything b&w docs wise i did in 100dpi greyscale. Driving licence, birth cert, exams, passport and stuff done in colour 150dpi. Two files plus the passport photo. It can be done in one go. Keep trying. ;-)
Old Apr 4th 2011, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, i had trouble too. I think fourth rescan got it though. All the application paperwork and anything b&w docs wise i did in 100dpi greyscale. Driving licence, birth cert, exams, passport and stuff done in colour 150dpi. Two files plus the passport photo. It can be done in one go. Keep trying. ;-)
Thanks but I have been at my computer for ages and can't figure out how to change the dpi and my printer / scanner isn't much help either. I will keep trying.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

I've now figured out my problem, and that is the scanner won't work in anythinh les than 300 dpi. Might need another scanner at short notice !
Old Apr 4th 2011, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by t9jla
I've now figured out my problem, and that is the scanner won't work in anythinh les than 300 dpi. Might need another scanner at short notice !
Which bit of the world are you in? Could borrow mine if you're 01MP or local...
Old Apr 4th 2011, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Which bit of the world are you in? Could borrow mine if you're 01MP or local...
Thanks, but I've now got my very computer literate brother in law on the case with winzip so we'll see how we get on.....Shame I'm on nights I will feel like a celebration if it ever gets sent !
Old Apr 16th 2011, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Barbiehen is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Hiya,

Just stumbled onto this site, and we had similar problems to you with the application. We sent several pdf's and several emails, and they seem to have accepted this fine. On another note, does anyone know where in London the interviews will be held for those invited to the next stage?
Old Apr 20th 2011, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Emails out today. Got through. Who else got good news??
Old Apr 20th 2011, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

benjyp10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Heard this morning. Looking at numbers looks like they are testing 250 people.
Anyone any ideas on what the tests are like?
Old Apr 29th 2011, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

scottnjen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - I am new to this, but we have gotten thru to the testing too !!! Anyone any clues as to what to expect with the testing - been reading up on the number sequences but still going over my head !!!! aaaarrggghh
Old Apr 29th 2011, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scottnjen
Hi - I am new to this, but we have gotten thru to the testing too !!! Anyone any clues as to what to expect with the testing - been reading up on the number sequences but still going over my head !!!! aaaarrggghh
Hi,
Yeah have made it through to round one (or is it two?). I was looking at the wapol site for clues....no idea if that'll actually help or not though. They got a sample paper for their entry exam and i can't imagine it'll be too different.
Old May 1st 2011, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Barbiehen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we got through too, and only a couple of days until the entrance tests. They have a mock exam example on the SAPOL website.
Any other mock exams out there worth having a look at???
Old May 1st 2011, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

LegallyBlonde is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Barbiehen
Hi, we got through too, and only a couple of days until the entrance tests. They have a mock exam example on the SAPOL website.
Any other mock exams out there worth having a look at???
Try this

http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/psychotests.htm

It's got loads of good examples

LB X
Old May 1st 2011, 8:37 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LegallyBlonde
Try this

http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/psychotests.htm

It's got loads of good examples

LB X
Hi Legally Blonde

Just to say welcome to BE and to thank you for posting something really helpful to others

Dread - x
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Chris_Zuzi is an unknown quantity at this point

The spelling test is far from simple, I'd suggest swatting up a little if you struggle in this area.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.