Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Old Mar 31st 2011, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

desperately seeking is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Is anyone having trouble mailing the application. Mine has been bounced back for being too big

Initially my email address said i was over the limit of 21M so i skinnied a couple of files down, and managed to get it all away but it gets knocked back at SAPols end.

Any suggestions?
Old Mar 31st 2011, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

stewart96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by desperately seeking
Is anyone having trouble mailing the application. Mine has been bounced back for being too big

Initially my email address said i was over the limit of 21M so i skinnied a couple of files down, and managed to get it all away but it gets knocked back at SAPols end.

Any suggestions?
My file was 5MB + photo/driving licence/passport scanned separately as colour. Went through no problem. I scanned docs in at 200dpi in grey scale, anything more especially in colour would be too big. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Did they get it ok and were thet happy with it.... Am fretting in case i get it wrong.

Last edited by desperately seeking; Mar 31st 2011 at 2:06 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

Did they get it ok and were thet happy with it.... Am fretting in case i get it wrong.
I sent it Tuesday and have had no reply but at least it wasn't rejected. I would hope that if there was a problem they would have let me know by now. I guess I probably should have put a read receipt on it. 200 dpi is the quality we use for scanning CPS files and is perfectly legible for text/documents. For colour docs I used 300dpi in colour but there was only 2 of them and my passport size photo was a colour jpeg.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stewart96
I sent it Tuesday and have had no reply but at least it wasn't rejected. I would hope that if there was a problem they would have let me know by now. I guess I probably should have put a read receipt on it. 200 dpi is the quality we use for scanning CPS files and is perfectly legible for text/documents. For colour docs I used 300dpi in colour but there was only 2 of them and my passport size photo was a colour jpeg.
Did you do Birth Cert and GCSE docs etc? Or just D/L and passport?
Old Mar 31st 2011, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Forgot shot birth certificate. That was also a colour scan. Gcse certs etc scanned in with application and medical.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Crap, even scanning greyscale at 200 dpi, the file still comes out at 9mb Well i'll try it again an see if it goes. ...... what's wrong with fedex-ing it all i'll never know
Old Mar 31st 2011, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Crap, even scanning greyscale at 200 dpi, the file still comes out at 9mb Well i'll try it again an see if it goes. ...... what's wrong with fedex-ing it all i'll never know
I had seen mention of some people posting it but you're looking at £20-30, not sure if guaranteed to get in the time scale. My 5MB scan was 60pages. Hopefully 9mb will be small enough.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

It wasn't small enough.........knocked back again. :curse:

Rescanning at 100dpi.............

I emailed them and asked if it was ok to courier stuff to them but they said email applications only.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

It wasn't small enough.........knocked back again. :curse:

Rescanning at 100dpi.............

I emailed them and asked if it was ok to courier stuff to them but they said email applications only.
Are you using pdf files? Also, instead of grey scale try black and white only. May be better than going for lower resolution.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Are you using pdf files? Also, instead of grey scale try black and white only. May be better than going for lower resolution.
Other reason could be that their mailbox is full. It may be worth trying very early morning, when they've had chance to clear any backlog. If it still rejected it.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Other reason could be that their mailbox is full. It may be worth trying very early morning, when they've had chance to clear any backlog. If it still rejected it.
I sent an email asking about any data limits and that got through ok, so i guess there is a limit somewhere along the line.
B&W came out horrible, so will persevere with Grayscale. Out of curiousity, do you know anyone else who is applying? This board is much Q-er than i thought it would be. A lass from my old nick was going to apply but has bottled it. Other than that i don't know anyone who is.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

I sent an email asking about any data limits and that got through ok, so i guess there is a limit somewhere along the line.
B&W came out horrible, so will persevere with Grayscale. Out of curiousity, do you know anyone else who is applying? This board is much Q-er than i thought it would be. A lass from my old nick was going to apply but has bottled it. Other than that i don't know anyone who is.
I've been keeping an eye on a few of the forums and they have all gone quiet recently. I personally know of one other who is definitely applying and I'm led to believe that quite a few in my force are doing. I believe that Sapol had sound 1000 expressions of interest and if even half that apply it's a fair amount for 90 posts. I guess once the forms are in it's a waiting game to see if we go through.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

I've been keeping an eye on a few of the forums and they have all gone quiet recently. I personally know of one other who is definitely applying and I'm led to believe that quite a few in my force are doing. I believe that Sapol had sound 1000 expressions of interest and if even half that apply it's a fair amount for 90 posts. I guess once the forms are in it's a waiting game to see if we go through.
I'd heard that 1000 figure too. Well, it seems as though i've finally managed to throw this application down under and not have it boomerang back to me. Touch wood they like what they read.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:34 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

If I wasn't so close to retirement I might have been tempted............
.......... so I've just popped in to wish all of you folks who have applied to SApol the very best of luck.

Dread - x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.