Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Old May 29th 2011, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice
Default Re: SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Originally Posted by Barbiehen
What areas are considered rural/country? as we have young children we thought that this would be the best option for us.
The choices for country which were available on the last recruitment drive were, Port Pirie, Port Augusta, Whyalla, Mount Gambier, Ceduna, Port Lincoln and Murray Bridge. Murray Bridge is only a 45 min drive from Adelaide and i hear it's going to stop being classed as a country location.
Old May 29th 2011, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Barbiehen is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Thank you for all your help, that has certainly given us something to think about. Not long now until we find out if my OH has made it to the next stage. Thank goodness this site exists
Old May 31st 2011, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

TextMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my email this morning! Fantastic news, just wondering if everyone else got there's. Anyone know how manys left for physicals n interviews? Hope everyone got what they wanted.!!
Old May 31st 2011, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

desperately seeking is an unknown quantity at this point

Binned.....

Best of luck to those that got through.
Old May 31st 2011, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Lee6740 is an unknown quantity at this point

Somehow passed! So just interview and fitness left. I'd be interested to know how many of us are left.
Old May 31st 2011, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

golfer24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got binned 2 must have failed the Maths......
Old May 31st 2011, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

TextMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lee6740
Somehow passed! So just interview and fitness left. I'd be interested to know how many of us are left.
I'm presuming the intake is about 70-90? Would there be more than 120 ish left? Only thinking as I'm pretty sure the numbers left wouldn't get this far and not be fit enough to pass the physical and I'm sure for interviews it's a matter of putting a face to the application, my mates been there for 5 years now and his interview was pretty informal. (Lovin all the speculating)
Just want to do the next phase now!!!
Old May 31st 2011, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Oh Well, not this time, but we won't be put off, this is what we really want so hopefully try again in 12 months. The letter is very impersonal, and no reasons attached. So good luck to all those who got through and all the best for Oz
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:17 am
Just Joined

golfer24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to say i thought the test pychometric was complete nonsense!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:56 am
Just Joined

scottnjen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by desperately seeking
Binned.....

Best of luck to those that got through.

We didnt get thru either - my hubby is soooo gutted - but he is more determined than ever now to try again next time !!!! Shame the bad news came on our daughters 13th birthday - perhaps the message was there all along hey !!!!!

Good luck to all on the next phase .
xx
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

LadyG76 is an unknown quantity at this point

A big heartfelt sorry to all of those who didn't make it this time round.

I was lucky enough to get the Yes email and am also curious to know numbers remaining competing for the final golden 90 posts. I don't anticipate we'll get told though! I'm sure they build in a reserve list for those who can't make it to interview, whose circumstances change, those who fail the interview/fitness test, can't take the final job offer or can't sell up in time/get visas etc etc so even those who have been advised no at this stage might get invited up for interviews closer to the date.

Let's not forget that a sprinkling of those who were told they hadn't made the paper sift got a last minute invite to take the exams so although I could be blowing out my butt here, I would hazard a guess that all hope is not yet lost.

Lady G
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

desperately seeking is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottnjen
We didnt get thru either - my hubby is soooo gutted - but he is more determined than ever now to try again next time !!!! Shame the bad news came on our daughters 13th birthday - perhaps the message was there all along hey !!!!!

Good luck to all on the next phase .
xx
Sorry to hear that guys. I'm feeling a bit weird about the whole thing now. As i know i can read, add and play with funky shapes, i can only assume i dipped the psycometric bollox.

Does this mean i am mad????
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 7:49 am
Just Joined

scottnjen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by desperately seeking
Sorry to hear that guys. I'm feeling a bit weird about the whole thing now. As i know i can read, add and play with funky shapes, i can only assume i dipped the psycometric bollox.

Does this mean i am mad????

I think you have to be a tad mental just to start the process !!! ha ha ha - I am looking forward to a weeked of lots of beer and my hubby not doing these bloody twisty sit ups !!!!
Good luck to you in the next phase - ya know one day we may well meet - just in Oz !!!!!!

Lots of luck
Jenny
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

John2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the Yes email as well
sorry for those that didnt make it
guess i better start running and doing some sit ups!!:
Old Jun 4th 2011, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LadyG76
A big heartfelt sorry to all of those who didn't make it this time round.

I was lucky enough to get the Yes email and am also curious to know numbers remaining competing for the final golden 90 posts. I don't anticipate we'll get told though! I'm sure they build in a reserve list for those who can't make it to interview, whose circumstances change, those who fail the interview/fitness test, can't take the final job offer or can't sell up in time/get visas etc etc so even those who have been advised no at this stage might get invited up for interviews closer to the date.

Let's not forget that a sprinkling of those who were told they hadn't made the paper sift got a last minute invite to take the exams so although I could be blowing out my butt here, I would hazard a guess that all hope is not yet lost.

Lady G
Good luck, I hope that we get a call back, which is horrible, because you know it means someone else not being able to attend etc. But one day hopefully we will all get to meet up in OZ, we are fairly determined, my hubby reckons it was the psychometric part that he must have failed on oh well maybe he is barmy lol. I wish everybody the best of luck for the rest of the process and that we may get there eventually x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.