Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Kiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond repute
Default SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Info from SAPOL...

SAPOL has announced a UK Police Officer Recruiting Campaign for its 2012intakes. Potential applicants are invited to refer to the www.achievemore.com.au website as of Monday 14 March 2011 for information on this campaign. Application closing date will be strictly by close of business Friday 8 April 2011. Any incomplete applications or applications received after this date will not be considered.

This will be a very competitive process so please provide all required documentation when submitting your application.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

cdavis is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Hi there everyone!

First time on here.

I have been hoping to apply for South Australia for a couple of years now. I got through to the fitness stage of their April 2010 drive but had to pull out due to personal circumstances. I figure this campaign is my last shot and I am desperate to go to SA. A friend joined SAPOL last year and is loving it.

This could possibly be the worst timing ever but I got a complaint about me which has gone to a disciplinary hearing. It's for something so minor everyone except the disciplinary board is shocked that the complaint has managed to get so far.

Now, this is all really bad timing, I should hear the outcome of the disciplinary very soon and in enough time to get my SAPOL application in but I am really worried how the outcome of the disciplinary can affect my chances of being selected. Does anyone know or have any experience of applying to SAPOL or WAPOL with a not-clean disciplinary record? To fill in the rest, I have 7 years experience, clean sick record, plenty of commendations and up until this month, a clean record.

My mind could do without responses from cynics, I would like to hear from people that have gone through a similar experience to me or know someone who has.

Thanks guys in advance.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Kiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Hi cdavis,

You may also want to post your question on the police-forum.com website. They have quite an active SAPOL thread going on at the moment (you need to sign up for the forum to be able to see all the sub-sections).
Old Mar 11th 2011, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

scotsinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, my husband and I received our emails telling us the drive is going ahead as well. We've been thinking about it for a few years, particularly since a few of our friends moved out and joined.

Can anyone who has been through this before tell us about the fitness test? We know there are sit ups, but we're not sure what type. It may sound silly, but are they crunches, full sit ups or what? I've been practicing, but I'd really like to know I'm going about it the right way! lol!

I guess a few of us will end up on here over the next few months, so nice to meet you all...
Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Chris_Zuzi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

I went through the last uk course April 2010... The sit ups were changed before our fitness test - they were supposed to be a full sit up with a twist both ways at the top (right elbow to left knee, left elbow to right knee). The changed it to just normal sit ups (fingers resting on the temples), the only difference being that you had to have your elbows out the sides at right angles, making them a bit tougher. If you save some energy by not being a hero on the bleep test, should have plenty in the tank for the sit/press ups which follow.

They may change it to the tougher one though as you don't find out til the day really.....

Chris.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

dleivers1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

I'm interested in putting in an application to the SAPOL UK recruitment drive. I have been onto the www.achievemore.com.au website and the UK recruit section, however it says "SAPOL is not currently recruiting in the UK."

Am I doing something wrong or has recruitment not started yet?

Many thanks.

Dan
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:34 am
Just Joined

benjam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue as dleivers1, the Uk link still says just register your interest, which is what I did to get the notification e-mail last week.

Any suggestions?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by benjam
Hi all,

I'm having the same issue as dleivers1, the Uk link still says just register your interest, which is what I did to get the notification e-mail last week.

Any suggestions?

Monday 14th was a public holiday ! So I'm guessing they haven't had time to update the website yet. Try again tomorrow and it should be right
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:51 am
Just Joined

benjam is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, wasn't aware of that! Thanks kiwijack, simples!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 11:30 am
Just Joined

gmdpol is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I have been checking the sapols recruitment site to see if they have uploaded the UK applications yet but still nothing. I thought it was due to start on the 14th March but still nothing even today. DOes anyone know whats going on????
Old Mar 15th 2011, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

romsey19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Im new to the site and also looking to transfer to SAPOL from the UK. I wasnt aware of the bank holiday yesterday but have emailed them today to enquire as to when the website will be updated. Ill put it on here as soon as I get a reply.

Dave.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

I emailed them today too...bet they have recieved a number of emails now
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

dleivers1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys,

Just received an email from SAPOL recruiting, regards the UK campaign.

They have stated "The UK Recruit Campaign is now open but we are having a few problems with our website. Please continue to check the site. We apologise for this delay and we hope to have the problem rectified asap."

So keep checking the website and it should be updated soon.

Kind Regards.

Dan.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:04 am
Just Joined

the details are all online now...just have to get all the papers together in time now!! Guess you need to scan on things like passport picture etc???
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:07 am
Just Joined

romsey19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gmdpol
the details are all online now...just have to get all the papers together in time now!! Guess you need to scan on things like passport picture etc???
It's gonna be one big rush getting everything together in time!! Off out to buy a scanner today!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.