Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

SAPOL recruiting from the UK again.

SAPOL recruiting from the UK again.

Old May 17th 2006, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default SAPOL recruiting from the UK again.

For all those who are interested SAPOL are starting a further recruiting
campaign for serving UK cops (70 required apparently)

I believe the likely start date is Dec.06 or Jan 07

Cheers

Steve
Old May 17th 2006, 2:04 pm
Banned

fabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nice
Default Re: SAPOL recruiting from the UK again.

Whoo-hoo! Just in time for the summer months as well!

Any officers considering this (including me) please see my post on the pensions for officers leaving in the cayman islands police thread!

It's now a toss up with that and SAPOL.
Old May 17th 2006, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fabledbananna
Whoo-hoo! Just in time for the summer months as well!

Any officers considering this (including me) please see my post on the pensions for officers leaving in the cayman islands police thread!

It's now a toss up with that and SAPOL.
Better be quick making your mind up, applications have to be in by 14th of
June.

Steve
Old May 17th 2006, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Greebo is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: SAPOL recruiting from the UK again.

I did see the SAPOL site (cheers anyway Steve) and am going for it but I'm so new to this I still got my wrapping on.

Not started too well though, I have not been able to access any of the relevant forms from their site, the links don't appear to be working so have mailed 'em.

Anyone else doing the same or anyone who can give any (constructive) advice, just give me a shout, would be much appreciated.

Ian.
Old May 19th 2006, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

sym13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi fella, Sym here. Just wondering where to look for the info about applying, and was hoping you could point me in the right direction.

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Better be quick making your mind up, applications have to be in by 14th of
June.

Steve
Old May 19th 2006, 8:28 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

use google to do a search for south australia police, you'll find it
Old Jun 5th 2006, 11:45 am
Just Joined

bruce1971 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SAPOL recruiting from the UK..

Hi there,
Just put my application form in.

Any ideas of numbers of Uk officers who have applied?

Cheers Steve
Old Jun 5th 2006, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

Top Cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
For all those who are interested SAPOL are starting a further recruiting
campaign for serving UK cops (70 required apparently)

I believe the likely start date is Dec.06 or Jan 07

Cheers

Steve
Hi,

I seem to think that you were interested in Canada ?... has this changed or are you keeping options open?

Daz
Old Jun 19th 2006, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Well, got e-mail from SAPOL recruiting team the other day telling me that my app form had been received complete and was being processed (fingers crossed and good luck to everyone who's applied, etc. etc.)

Anyone else have any probs obtaining their service history records though?

My professional standards dept. were playing silly beggars and human resources were a waste of time, they still haven't got back to me regarding my request for my service records. Had to run about all over the place, cobbling bits and pieces together as and when I could
Old Jun 19th 2006, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

bruce1971 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Greebo
Well, got e-mail from SAPOL recruiting team the other day telling me that my app form had been received complete and was being processed (fingers crossed and good luck to everyone who's applied, etc. etc.)

Anyone else have any probs obtaining their service history records though?

My professional standards dept. were playing silly beggars and human resources were a waste of time, they still haven't got back to me regarding my request for my service records. Had to run about all over the place, cobbling bits and pieces together as and when I could

Greebo hi,
Just got my app in on time, no probs with getting hold of service records but where I work, we all know each other on first names.

Only problem was with the Doctor.
But lets see what happens. All the best.
Steve
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

slapup is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody. My first post! Just found out today ive got past the application bit and am invited to attend the exam stage in London on 1st July. Woo hoo! Hope everyone else has had good news.

Now im on my way in a small way, it suddenly dawned on me that it might be useful to think carefully about the path ive set myself on! I've noticed that ive got lots of concerns today from doing this that i didn't have before! As such, i'm trying to way up the pros and cons. Am i correct or barking up the wrong tree?

PROS
Sun
Laid back lifestyle
Possible swimming pool in back garden
Vibrant exciting positive outlook country

CONS
Incredible expense of moving/shipping/selling/rebuying
Loss of pension, loss of retirement at 55 with huge lump sum, and decent yearly income
Massive culture shock
More expensive living costs on less wages
No cheap holidays to all those nice european countries ever again
Get to see family over a webcam only

AS you can see although my the PROS are very nice im a little concerned to say the least about the CONS. Is there feedback anywhere on any forums etc. from the original Sapol 60 after they went and how they did/are getting on? Theres loads before they went when they were all excited as you would be but what about after?
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Hi Slapup, congratulations mate, I got the e-mail today too and I hope everyone else here got good news as well. Been keeping it hush hush till now but just can't keep my gob shut anymore, besides gonna have to tell work 'cos the exam is on my night shift weekend. (so sad) Which sitting are you to attend?

Thought about nothing else all day too and must say that it's beginning to dawn on me just how unprepared I am were I to get in. Things are going to start to move really fast really soon. He he, maybe time to get in about the attic and start selling the junk on ebay.

Just one thing though, are you sure getting to see the family over webcam only is on the right list?

Originally Posted by slapup
Hi everybody. My first post! Just found out today ive got past the application bit and am invited to attend the exam stage in London on 1st July. Woo hoo! Hope everyone else has had good news.

Now im on my way in a small way, it suddenly dawned on me that it might be useful to think carefully about the path ive set myself on! I've noticed that ive got lots of concerns today from doing this that i didn't have before! As such, i'm trying to way up the pros and cons. Am i correct or barking up the wrong tree?

PROS
Sun
Laid back lifestyle
Possible swimming pool in back garden
Vibrant exciting positive outlook country

CONS
Incredible expense of moving/shipping/selling/rebuying
Loss of pension, loss of retirement at 55 with huge lump sum, and decent yearly income
Massive culture shock
More expensive living costs on less wages
No cheap holidays to all those nice european countries ever again
Get to see family over a webcam only

AS you can see although my the PROS are very nice im a little concerned to say the least about the CONS. Is there feedback anywhere on any forums etc. from the original Sapol 60 after they went and how they did/are getting on? Theres loads before they went when they were all excited as you would be but what about after?
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:01 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bruce1971
Just got my app in on time, no probs with getting hold of service records but where I work, we all know each other on first names.
Doesn't surprise me if you're in Glossop!

Why would you want to leave Derbyshire?

(clueless non-police-officer Yank, but with roots in Derbyshire)
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

slapup is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Greebo
Hi Slapup, congratulations mate, I got the e-mail today too and I hope everyone else here got good news as well. Been keeping it hush hush till now but just can't keep my gob shut anymore, besides gonna have to tell work 'cos the exam is on my night shift weekend. (so sad) Which sitting are you to attend?

Thought about nothing else all day too and must say that it's beginning to dawn on me just how unprepared I am were I to get in. Things are going to start to move really fast really soon. He he, maybe time to get in about the attic and start selling the junk on ebay.

Just one thing though, are you sure getting to see the family over webcam only is on the right list?
Yeh maybe you're right about the webcam A few weeks ago my mum was like, yeh go for it. Today she's giving me guilt trips and threatening tears now its looking slightly more likely!

Im on the 2pm shift on sat. The letter says theres 120 applicants for the afternoon, so im presuming the same again the morning. That means 240 applicants for 70 posts, about 1 in 3.5 chance of getting it. That's not bad odds that.

Already got 14 items on ebay If nothing else im having a good old clear out its amazing what you sont need when you think about it!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Thought about those odds earlier to, they not too bad at all. I still got to tell my folks, was going to wait to see if I got to interview stage but don't think that's going to give them enough warning. They going to be gutted, not at me going might I add, just at the grandson going

I told a mate earlier and first thing he said was that he wants to buy my house, fully furnished too, so that would be one less thing to have to deal with. Anyway, I'm getting a wee bit ahead of myself here....

I'm the 14.30 sitting too, travelling down from Scotland so prob come down Fri night and stay with friends.

Have you looked at the entrance exam sample questions?

http://www.police.sa.gov.au/human_re...tranceExam.htm

They're not rocket science by a long shot.

Originally Posted by slapup
Yeh maybe you're right about the webcam A few weeks ago my mum was like, yeh go for it. Today she's giving me guilt trips and threatening tears now its looking slightly more likely!

Im on the 2pm shift on sat. The letter says theres 120 applicants for the afternoon, so im presuming the same again the morning. That means 240 applicants for 70 posts, about 1 in 3.5 chance of getting it. That's not bad odds that.

Already got 14 items on ebay If nothing else im having a good old clear out its amazing what you sont need when you think about it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.