Sapol April 2010

Old Oct 4th 2009, 7:37 am
Just Joined

madogs and Irish Men is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sapol April 2010

Hi Sunworshipper,

Yep your right my Interview and physical is next week.

I have PM'd you so you'll know who I am. (match the name Badges)

Cheers
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

michelle6266 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi every one hope every things going ok with your interviews and fitness .
We are a little infront of you guys got the job, just had the medicals and passed , Hope everything goes ok for you all and are joining us soon.
Michelle + Darren
Old Oct 4th 2009, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Yes i hope we are joining you too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 4th 2009, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Charlie389 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunworshipper
Yes i hope we are joining you too!!!!!!!!!!!!
All the best to you all.

Sadly I have failed the medical, due to "being an operational police officer would cause an increased risk to my condition" despite the fact I've been a police officer for nearly 5 years working in Glasgow, one of the most violent cities in Europe apparently. I am absolutely gutted, as is my wife, just need to figure out plan B!

Good luck to you all.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Oh no Charlie!! That's terrible news!! you must both be absolutely gutted.
I really am so sorry to hear this awful news. I hope you have a plan B and if you have then i wish you all the luck and best wishes with it.
All the best Sunworshipper
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Getmedownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Sapol April 2010

Oh the agonising! Friday cannot come soon enough!

It was great to meet up with all the candidates on Oct 2nd in London, all of whom seemed perfect candidates for recruitment. It would be great if we all got selected.

Special thanks to Simon for helping my nerves and pushing me through the fitness test. It turned out to be much harder than expected due to the whole nervous energy thing going on. I hope I get another chance to meet up with everyone again, especially sunworshiper and her OH!!

Out of interest, does anyone know how many officer's SAPOL are looking to recruit during this intake? I did read on the net that SAPOL are approx 154 short of reaching their 2010 target.

It makes very encouraging reading for current applicants. (see below)

The global financial crisis has hit the force`s famed UK recruitment drive, forcing British recruits to cancel as they wait longer for their houses to sell, Mr Hyde said.

Others have simply cancelled because of the changing circumstances.

"I cannot give you an ironclad guarantee that we will reach (our target)," Mr Hyde told Parliament`s Budget and Finance Committee.

"All we can do is give you an assurance that we will be trying to reach it."

Mr Hyde last year told the Committee the force needed to reach 4300 by June this year if it was to reach the State Government`s target of 4400 officers by next year (2010).

However, while the existing 4244 sworn officers falls short of the target, Mr Hyde said the current 185 trainees in the academy showed "we can recruit, but we have difficulty in getting them precisely when we want them".

Police Minister Michael Wright said he did not accept the Commissioner`s prognosis for police numbers.

"We have the most ambitious recruiting strategy in the State`s history and we`re confident we will reach our 2010 target of 4400 sworn police," he said in a written statement. "The facts are South Australia currently has more operational police than ever before . . . Since coming to office, we have recruited over 500 extra police."

But Police Association president Mark Carroll said police recruitment techniques should be reviewed in light of the "likely" shortfall.

"If a substantial shortfall in numbers does eventuate, then there will certainly be a need to review SAPOL recruitment policy, particularly in light of the four years SAPOL has had to meet the government`s commitment," he said.

"A strong focus should apply to local recruitment – particularly of young people – in conjunction with UK recruiting, which the association has supported, as those officers bring a wealth of police experience to South Australia."

Very best wishes to everyone in the process.

S & L
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Getmedownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Sapol April 2010

Just read your post Charlie. I am so sorry for you and your wife. I hope 'plan B' goes well for you. Wishing you and your wife better news in the future.. S & L
Old Oct 7th 2009, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Hi S + L!!!!!!
God this waiting is driving us mad!!!! we can't concentrate on anything else!!!
i hope we have news before Sunday!

We will look out for you both on Sunday if we get good news!

Let us know if you hear anything and we will do the same!!!
Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:34 am
Just Joined

chris_n_lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Lisa and I are new members on here....although we have been reading the threads about the SAPOL 2010 recruitment drive for a while now.

We went to London yesterday for the interview and fitness test. It was harder than I was imagining....especially on the partners who had to sit and watch as their dreams of Oz were solely resting on our efforts! There was one poor guy who didnt have the legs for the bleep test and dropped out at about level 7. We all cheered him on until he finally dropped out and then there was a bit of an awkward silence as we all felt really bad for him....knowing how it must feel to go through all the hard work up until now and to fall right at the last hurdle

I thought i'd post about something the interviewer said to Lisa and I about numbers of applicants and jobs available. I guess you'd probably all like to know during the long wait before we are told!

Apparently there are 40+ places available (he said + because the total number is decided by immigration and they might allow a few more than 40) and about 70 applicants. So this makes for quite good odds I guess.

The guy also said he is hoping to ring around today (Thursday) and let people know if they have got the job. If not today they would like to tell everyone by the end of tomorrow (Friday). So pretty soon!

Good luck everyone and hopefully we will see you at the academy in April!
Old Oct 8th 2009, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Chris + Lisa

Well done on getting this far!!
I just wanted to say that on the day we went scott told us that there were 70 applicants and jobs available for EVERYBODY!!!!!!!

OMG only 40+!!!!!!!

We are so stressed out at the moment, we can't concentrate on anything!!!!! Let's hope we hear some good news soon!!!
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

WE ARE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEE EVERYONE SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

madogs and Irish Men is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sunworshipper,

WELL DONE to you both.

I hope my OH and I will be joining you on Sunday

Cheers for now and again well done
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

chris_n_lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Good news from this end....I will be starting in April 2010 YEAAAHHHHHHHH!!! I got a phone call about 10 mins ago from teh Inspector giving me the good news. Even when I first joined the police I didnt get a feeling anywhere near as satisfying as this. The Mrs and I are SOOO happy....i just wish the rest of you luck and hope to see you all on Sunday at the information day.

Good Luck

Chris
Old Oct 8th 2009, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by madogs and Irish Men
Hi Sunworshipper,

WELL DONE to you both.

I hope my OH and I will be joining you on Sunday

Cheers for now and again well done
:f ingerscrossed::fin gerscrossed::finge rscrossed:
Old Oct 8th 2009, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

ShelleyandGary is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris_n_lisa
Hi guys,

Good news from this end....I will be starting in April 2010 YEAAAHHHHHHHH!!! I got a phone call about 10 mins ago from teh Inspector giving me the good news. Even when I first joined the police I didnt get a feeling anywhere near as satisfying as this. The Mrs and I are SOOO happy....i just wish the rest of you luck and hope to see you all on Sunday at the information day.

Good Luck

Chris
Hi Everyone,

I havent posted on here before, my husband and I have just had our call and we both been accepted too!!!

Congrats to all you have passed as well and fingerscrossed for those who are still waiting to hear.

Hope to meet up with you on Sunday

X

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.