Sapol April 2010

Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice
Default Re: Sapol April 2010

WE HAVE ACCEPTED AN OFFER ON THE HOUSE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs up:

They are really keen and are cash buyers with no chain!!!! how fantastic is that!!!??????

Fingers crossed it all goes through ok!!!!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Getmedownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunworshipper
WE HAVE ACCEPTED AN OFFER ON THE HOUSE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs up:

They are really keen and are cash buyers with no chain!!!! how fantastic is that!!!??????

Fingers crossed it all goes through ok!!!!
AWESOME!!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

michelle6266 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lisa,

Thats FANTASTIC , hope everything goes smoothly with that, its great that you've sold before you go, one less thing to worry about.

Well we certainly are having our last white xmas and new year are'nt we, fed up with it now, but its lovely to see, when you look at the weather in oz in its thirties in some places, we wont be having this problem next year.:thump:.

Hope to have some news on postings soon, then we can make plans like rental, schools , we know where we like but it depends on the commute.

Bye for now. Michelle and darren.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Sapol April 2010

Sunworshipper, just told L about your news, she wants to know whether you will be coming out with Andy now? She says she's so pleased for you.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys,

How you all doing ?.
Our furniture is leaving monday the 18th, just payed the final bill for that, and OUCH, we've just been stung for insurance another £995.00, we knew we had to pay insurance, but did'nt realise it was that much, and then the other end quarantine bills, we hope we are lucky on the euro millions tonight.

Won't be long now for the posting decisions, I feel like i'm checking every five mins, sad is'nt it, winding down now, children getting excited, can't sleep with excitement

Scott where are you and L hoping to live ? any ideas yet.

Have anyone booked the meet and greet service they offer to new migrants ?,

We have its a free service, they meet you at the airport, transfer you to your accommodation settle you in, even take you grocery shopping if you want them to, worth looking it up.

Have you checked out car prices to buy?, really expensive , and their bangers.

See you all soon.
How are you Lisa and family ?.

Michelle and dar.

Last edited by michelle6266; Jan 15th 2010 at 2:49 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Hi everyone!

Getmedownunder, we are going to see how this house sale progresses and if it goes through quick enough, we may all come together afterall!! once we know our postings i can email the school and check with them regarding Toms GCSE'S. The schools we have emailed up to now all seem to say the same, which is get Tom in the Australian school system asap. Does L agree about this getmedownunder? would you ask her? This is the only problem as i am not sure if it's the right thing to do by not staying so Tom can finish his exams.
Andy's flight is only 10 weeks away! and with house sales until the contracts are exchanged and money goes through then ANYTHING can happen and go wrong!!! so i am trying not to look to far ahead!! i would love to book us all on the same flight as Andy but what if the buyers pull out?? that would just be our luck!!!!

Michelle i am so impatient and this waiting is also driving me mad!!! i just want to know now! and then we can all made definate plans.

We are going to use pickfords for our removals and their insurance was £830.00!!!! but Andy found cheaper insurance which is £400 and that's with a company called Letton and Percival.

Keep in touch everyone and hopefully see you all soon!! xxxxxxx
Old Jan 16th 2010, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sunworshipper,

S working nights at the mo so I thought I would reply as 'Getmedown-under's OH'. I can't tell you how pleased I am for you n A! I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well for you with the house sale! We've shared the process of our OH getting the job so it would be wonderful if you could all fly out together!

The education system does seem quite different to that of the U.K's. I think I would agree with the advice you have received already! I have even found a difference between my teaching degree and the requirements to teach in Australia! So I would try and get Tom started ASAP.

I know how you feel at the moment, there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything sorted! How's your mum and dad coping now? Keep smiling though L, it will all be worth it when we're there!

Michelle, Just wanted to say a huge thank-you for saying you'll be my new hairdresser. I am really going to miss mine, we've become great friends! I have followed all the threads with S and I am so glad you managed to speak to SAPOL.

I am so looking forward to meeting you all, what an exciting time in our lives!!

Take care xxxx
Old Jan 18th 2010, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Hi Everyone

Would anyone like to meet up for an evening?? how about Saturday 30th Jan???? was thinking of Chester as a meeting place. Would be really nice if we could meet and let our hair down (if anyone has any left????) before we all go to Oz!

Ozzie Nude, DON'T GET ANY IDEAS!!!

Please post and let me know

I know getmedownunder can make this evening and location
Hope more people can
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Lightbulb Re: Sapol April 2010

Sunworshiper

Well you can count us in! I know you won't mind me arranging a meeting place.

With all the best will in the world, sadly getmedownunder & other half were never going to able to make the Jan30th meet up in London It's a bit too far to go for a even for me!

So it has been proposed to have a meet up for those April SAPOL recruits and family living up in the North West with Chester being the meeting place and a week on Saturday being the date.

Can I make a suggestion that we meet at Pitcher and Piano, St John Street, Chester at 7pm, Jan 30th. (that's literally next door to City Centre Travelodge for those looking for convenient accommodation).

http://www.pitcherandpiano.com/

I was thinking a meal and chat at P&P before moving on at a leisurely pace to sample some of the amber nectar's in more salubrious bars in the city.

Anybody who fancies popping along are more than welcome. To give us an idea on numbers coming, either drop myself or Sunworshiper a pm to confirm.

Old Jan 18th 2010, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Ozzie Nude is an unknown quantity at this point

I knew you would all come round to my way of thinking........

Count me in..........have a long way to travel from Northants, but I can groom and prep en-route.

I take it my boyfriend can come along.........or is the naughtiness for recruits only. Travel lodge is a great idea. 1 room and a bunk up.

So excited........

See you there,

Simon -
Ozzie N
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ozzie Nude
I take it my boyfriend can come along.........or is the naughtiness for recruits only. Travel lodge is a great idea. 1 room and a bunk up.
'Getmedownunder's OH' here again, great news that you can come Ozzie Nude. I think you should save any naughtiness and shenanigans for you and your boyfriend in your own private room!! Looking forward to meeting you, you definately sound very interesting!!

Sunworshipper, can't wait to see you and A again! Will be great to catch up!

Michelle, we really hope you and your hubby can make it too!

See you all soon xxxx
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone.
Love to get together, but its a little to far for us, , and my oh is working cant believe we wont meet before we go , never mind , Scott when you organize the other end, count us in ,.

If things alter I let You all know.

Have fun .
Michelle and Darren.

Lisa were you taking the children or is it adult only ?.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michelle6266
.. when you organize the other end, count us in ,:
Hi Michelle,

S has told me that there is an organised meeting in Oz on April 6th at Semaphore Palais near Semaphore Beach, Adelaide from 1400 hours. It appears they come recommended for their food and beer. It seems quite a few people are going to it.

I'm told all are welcome, newbies, SAPOL old sweats, proper ozzies and children.

The link for the meeting place is
http://www.palais.com.au/

Sorry you cant make it to Chester. L x

Last edited by Getmedownunder; Jan 18th 2010 at 6:31 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Michelle

We are going without the kids, managed to get a babysitter! and to be honest we could do with a night away just to switch off!!! we have done so much with this whole moving to Oz (well Andy has!!) so it will be nice to have some time off!!! It's such a shame you can't make it!! it would off been so nice to have met you sooner rather than later. Maybe Darren could ring in sick????????????

Take care

love Lisa xxxx

Looking forward to meeting you ozzie nude!!!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:18 am
Just Joined

silverfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Sadly we are unable to travel on the 30th Jan as we live in London and have a 9 week old baby. It would have been lovely to meet you all ahead of time. By way of an apology I will volunteer now to hold the first get together for beers and a surf and turf on the other side. We arrive in Adelaide early March and I hope for it not to take too long to find a suitable rental property so you are all welcome. I will continue to post on this site and suggest dates and times when we arrive in the hope that as many of you can come over.

Good luck with the postings not long now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.