Sapol April 2010

Old Dec 15th 2009, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Getmedownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sapol April 2010

That's fantastic news Lisa! We are so pleased for you and the family.
How long did it take from the day you sent the application? We sent ours on Monday.

Can't stop checking DHL tracking webpage right now to make sure it gets there safely!

Fox Removals have emailed me this morning and revised their quote to 360 cubic ft £1794 and 396 cubic feet £1840.

Just thought I'd share this with you. I've bought an old Astra today for £250 from a friend. My plan is to tidy and service my car, bring it back to showroom condition and leave it on the drive. I'll then list it on eBay and Autotrader. My OH wants me to do same with her car. Told her she should get into the spirit of the outdoor lifestyle and ride her bike to work through January and Feb. I can't repeat the response I got on here!

Best of luck everyone
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Hi it took about 11 days i think but Andy's medical was what was holding it up as his xray was classed as abnormal due to his surgery so i think it would have been quicker if his xray was 'normal'. It's a great feeling!!!! we are so excited!!! we are going to celebrate with a curry and some drinks so bang goes my Adelaide beach diet!!!!!!!!

Please don't make L go to work on her bike as i need her to put some weight on so i feel better!!!!!! (i need to cycle to work!!!)

Michelle it would be great if we manage to go over as a family,together! we recieved Brighton high schools info pack in the post today so just looking at it in work!!! it looks a great school.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

michelle6266 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, is anyone having a problem with sapol repling to emails or is it just us,
sent many emails they dont reply at all ?.

Yes Lisa, the school looks great, the only problem properties not so good there and more expensive than 5 mins slightly further.
It would be great if you can all start your lives together, how are your children ? my 2 just take it in their strid its me thats up and down, one day so excited the other what am i doing, but really going to give it a go.

Speak soon, its such a busy time 4 me as a hairdresser, my clients are really fussing, what are they going to do, ive even had tears, ah bless, but it dont help my emotions leaving family.
But hey think of this time next year, sun sea, and more sun, what more can a girl want.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Getmedownunder
Payment details are on the 47ES. I would agree with Michelle, I think we can only pay via credit card... possibly bankers draft. Cost is $1705 AUD which is currently converting to £870. This conversion is fixed until Dec 31st. If today's currency rate was used it would cost about £966 so my advice would be to get that application in as soon as, before DIAC possibly put that up.
I may have misinformed everyone in one of my previous posts. I see from my Mastercard statement that Immigration have taken the $1705 as per current exchange rate, and NOT as a fixed £870. This is contrary to what I read on the Immigration website. Can anyone else on the forum just confirm that the charge was the same for them too.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/converter.htm

Lisa - L has been put on a mince pie and sprout diet (well someone's got to eat them!!)

Michelle - We've not emailed SAPOL for over a month but they were always quick at getting back to us when we did. Have you tried requesting a read receipt with your emails.

Last edited by Getmedownunder; Dec 17th 2009 at 1:39 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there, yes the fees were as you stated, as far as read back, we've done that each time, but dont reply.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:44 am
Just Joined

silverfish is an unknown quantity at this point

If your bank account has been debited more than £870 then I would suggest that this is due to the exchange rate perhaps. When I did a Bankers Draft it came to just over a £1000 which included the exchange rate and the fee for the draft. Diac only received $1705 the rest were charges.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

I was charged $1705 which equated to about £960, roughly what the daily exchange rate was. I'm not sure what that currency converter is for on the DIAC website now or what their on about with fixed charges It seems anyway, from the replies received from other applicants, that the charge is based on the daily exchange rate. For a moment I thought I'd gone wrong somewhere. And if the truth be known, I'd have probably paid the fee whatever it was.

Had an email from our caseworker today. Seems I forgot to include evidence of over 3 years employment as a police officer. The caseworker has been really good about it and told me to just scan on a few payslips from previous years up to my last one. I've also got to scan on a copy of my warrant card too and email them back.

Great to hear about all those successful with the visa app. I was kinda hoping we'd find out before Xmas. Que sera sera
Old Dec 21st 2009, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Visa's Granted !!!!!!!!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

[QUOTE=Getmedownunder;8188247]Visa's Granted !!!!!!!!:drinkwine

WELL DONE!!!!

We are reducing our house price today!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Great news getmedownunder..

Lisa good luck with the house sale, have you thought about renting it out?,
Great rental market at the moment, but properties are selling slowly now things are picking up slightly.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

dave and sacha is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations,

Couldn't think of a better christmas present.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Sapol April 2010

Thanks everyone. It was a great surprise to get our decision from DIAC so quickly. Nothing stopping us now! We are absolutely over the moon.

Passports enroute to Australia House.

Now to task of getting house on Rental Market!
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Hi Michelle

you asked earlier about the kids and ive not yet replied! sorry!!! Our eldest son, Tom, is looking forward to going, our middle son, Adam, does not want to go but he is talking about when we are there so that's good. Our youngest, Isabel is only four so she doesn't really understand that much about it.

With regards schooling, i just want to be out their looking at areas so i know where we want to live and then we can look at schools in the area we will be living, it's hard looking from a computer!

We received an e mail fron Sapol last night regarding postings, did you receive it? i know you have not be receiving them so if you did not get it then let me know and i will forward it to you. It's actually got an email attached to it from one of the April recruits asking if they can know earlier about postings and if they can they won't tell anyone!!!! if Sapol has sent this email to everyone on the April course then everyone will also have a copy of the recruits e mail which is terrible really!!!

Hope everyone is well!!
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi Lisa,
Again not recieved anything from SAPOL so please forward to me via my email address:

[email protected]

NOT VERY HAPPY WITH SAPOL! The level of service they are providing us is non-existent. My other half is going to complain. NOT a very good start to a new life.

Thanks again.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi Michelle, have sent you the e mail. There is an attachment with it of LSA areas but we cannot open it!

All the best
Love Lisa xx

P. s anything we receive from Sapol i will forward to you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.