Sapol April 2010

Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

dave and sacha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sapol April 2010

Originally Posted by Getmedownunder
I did read that police officers and teachers etc can certify most documents. L and I are engaged to be married so we don't have a certificate to show we are a couple. The de facto requires you to show evidence of living together for atleast 1 year, of a long and lasting relationship to the exclusion of all others and to demonstrate a joint commitment financially. We've evidenced this in the form of sworn statements by family and friends, copies of bank statements, photographs of holidays, travel itineraries for past holidays, wedding invitations, Xmas cards in our joint names, even a copy of the receipt for the engagement ring... I could go on. Like I say it's quite a dossier. We probably gone over top with it but we just want to be sure.

We are also in the process of opening a bank account with Commonwealth Bank. We have to send them proof of address in Uk and this can only be certified by a solicitor so we thought we'd do the lot in one go.

I have no idea how much extra baggage costs but there are offers out there to be had with Qantas. HiFx I think have such an offer with Qantas for simply opening a money transfer account. You've got a great quote with Cathay P, I'd see if you can haggle the extra baggage with Flight Centre! Let me know how you get on.

At the moment, my last shift is looking like Mar 17th over here when I've used up all my leave entitlement. I should get a full month's salary for March with that and I get 3 and a bit weeks off work in all before I start at Fort Largs Academy.

We are so excited about this move. Our lives have been on hold for last 2 years waiting. We could not plan anything like weddings, new house, children, new cars etc. Our lives have all been geared towards emigration to Oz! Not long left now!

S
Im just enquiring about evidence of De facto relationships as we are in the same position.
We have utility bills,holiday photographs with booking documentation etc.
We were just wondering as to what fomat a statement from family and friends would take. My friend is also a Police Officer who was with me when I met my OH nearly 4 years ago. Would a letter from him suffice or would I then have to get it certified by some one else. Any assistance would be appreciated as the only advice I can find on the internet relates to actual De-Facto visas.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Getmedownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

We can only advise on what we believe DIAC are requiring as proof. We downloaded a booklet which went into detail about typical evidence required. I'll try and dig out the link to it again. If you PM me with your email address Ill send you a copy of one of our statements as an example.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Dave and Sasha

Thanks, I got your PM. I'll send you and example of one of our statement/declarations via email soon. They are stored on a USB drive that is with my OH at the moment sorry.

I've pasted a few useful links below though that might help you;

Statutory Declarations (who can certify?)
http://www.ag.gov.au/www/agd/agd.nsf...nsignatorylist

Declaration Forms - Downloads Word and PDF (see top right of the below page)
http://www.ag.gov.au/www/agd/agd.nsf...ry_declaration

Hope this helps

S + L

Last edited by Getmedownunder; Dec 6th 2009 at 11:32 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Dave and Sacha

Now I must stress this is how we have put ours together, believing this is how it would look best.

In terms of evidencing photographs and such like. The way we did it was; My OH and I have produced our statutory declarations and referred to certain evidence along the way. i.e. On the 24th May 2008 L***** and I travelled on a two week holiday to Mexico. We had a fantastic time together (as evidenced in appendix 1 photographs). I made the booking with Thomson Holidays and I produce a copy of the travel itinerary including both our names as evidence (see appendix 2 e-tickets) etc. etc.....

Im not sure if this is the right way to do it, but we thought it gave it all a bit of structure.

Our friends and family have made declarations too, but have obviously not included any evidence links in them.

We have included a now retired police officer in our declarations. She has put a very touching statement together for us, describing how she got my OH and I together a few years ago. So I personally dont think it's a problem to include a police officer friend in your declarations. You may need to have it witnessed by another authorised person.

Hope this helps too!

S + L
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Dave and Sacha

Oh and the booklet..... nearly forgot!

This was obviously aimed at those applying for a de facto visa seperately but it goes into detail about what sort of evidence they are looking for in terms of partners. If you jump forward to Part 7 it should make some sense then.

Hope this helps ...

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

Last edited by Getmedownunder; Dec 7th 2009 at 12:11 am.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

dave and sacha is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for that.

I will get my arse in gear and get the visa finalised now.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Mojosnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

I may have missed it somewhere, but how do you pay for the visa application? I looked at the DIAC website which is a little confusing to say the least! I can't figure out if we send a cheque or visa number, or pay for it here somehow. I think i've got it in my head now from what you guys have said in terms of the paperwork. Visa application to Melbourne, medicals to Sydney. ot the medicals this afternoon, hopefully post the applications by the end of the week.
By the way, got back from the recce trip lat week, it all looks fantastic, no regrets at all.
Most areas seem ok for housing in general, but Elzabeth and O'Sullivans beach wouldn't be on my top 3!!
Old Dec 14th 2009, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

michelle6266 is an unknown quantity at this point

When we sent ours we paid by credit card and sent it with the visas the card details of course, they wont except a debit card.
Hope this helps
Old Dec 14th 2009, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Payment details are on the 47ES. I would agree with Michelle, I think we can only pay via credit card... possibly bankers draft. Cost is $1705 AUD which is currently converting to £870. This conversion is fixed until Dec 31st. If today's currency rate was used it would cost about £966 so my advice would be to get that application in as soon as, before DIAC possibly put that up.

Our Visa App went via courier collection today. Parcel weighed 2.04Kg!!! so about 40grams too heavy for Royal Mail.....

In the end we sent it with World Parcel Services via DHL. Just as a heads up to anyone who may want to post large parcels to Oz in future. DHL, Parcelforce, FedEx and UPS websites were quoting approx £70-90 for guaranteed 'within 1 week' delivery. We used WPS who came in at half the price (£37), and the item went via DHL courier too!!

So fingers crossed now, just waiting to hear back from DIAC

Mojo' we've not visited Adelaide but I'd also heard that Elizabeth was probably the least desirable area, O'Sullivan's Beach was a new one on us though... Reassuring that you enjoyed Adelaide! Excitement is building.

These are the quotes we have received from Removals firms thus far, some may get a tweaking in the coming days I expect. These quotes ae based on our shipments and this can vary depending on different factors. But, it should give you an idea who are the more competetive. Fox are looking at their volume estimate and will revise their quote, Anglo Pacific have suggested they can possibly trim a teeny little more off. All the below are based on a groupage scheme (meaning - share of a container). The shipment only leaves UK when the container is filled. No guarantee on delivery dates but estimates are approx 8-12 weeks door to door.

GB Liners - No volume given! - Quote £1735
Anglo Pacific - max 392 cubic feet - Quote £1928
Excess-Int - max 360 cubic feet - Quote £1988
Fox Removals - max 476 cubic feet - Quote £2286

I could recommend all of the above. The reps were all excellent and came accross as very professional. With very little between the quotes it's probably going to come down to what extras the firms can offer us. Each have differing options such as FREE UK Storage to Offers on migrant flights/baggage and Online tracking of shipment. I'd have to say we are leaning towards Anglo Pacific at the moment but we'll make a final decision when the visa comes back....... soon hopefully!

S + L

Last edited by Getmedownunder; Dec 14th 2009 at 3:18 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Getmedownunder
Payment details are on the 47ES. I would agree with Michelle, I think we can only pay via credit card... possibly bankers draft.
Well Mojonuts' question did stump me for a while too. The concensus seems to be you can only pay by credit card (mastercard/visa). Ignore my advice re Bankers Draft. This is only if submitting visas through London High Commission. We've submitted our credit card details on the 47ES to be safe.

If you are unsure I'd advise you contact Melbourne Centre of Excellence. Link below.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/cent...bourne-coe.htm
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:28 am
Just Joined

silverfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mojo,

The majority of the above re your payment question is correct. Debit Cards are not accepted. The choices you have is either write your credit card details on almost the back page of application form or have your bank produce a bankers draft made payable to them.

I took the bankers draft option as I only hold a UK debit card. Its a good method of payment as far as the recipitent are concerned as the money is guaranteed for them as your bank takes it from your account before it even reaches Australia i.e they would not issue the draft if the funds were not available. Most banks will generate a bankers draft within one working day as long as you give them all the details over the counter. The down side is that most banks charge a fee of about £20 for the service.

This form of payment is accepted by DIAC as my visa should be fully processed by the end of this week. Took about 3 weeks from start to finish which included the medicals for your info.

Best of luck
see you there.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:01 am
Just Joined

silverfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Like most of you I am now starting on the final planning of this adventure. I have read some of your posts regarding moving costs with much interest. I also like you obtained a number of quotes and have found a reputable company which appears to be able to send the little that I am taking for 50% of the costs that companies such as Anglo were looking to charge.
I am only taking about 15 cubic feet which in real terms equates to about 12 large cartons of personal belongings. My quote to collect from my home address after packing myself,to store at his facility and to then ship to Adelaide Port was £350 all in. He does not charge for sstorageprior to shipment and can be very flexible in collection.Like most companies this is a shared container total time about 8-12 weeks. There appear no hidden extras, he is a plain talking chap with no long winded sales pitch and does not clog your inbox with e mails pushing you to take his offer.

If your still looking for quotes then why not give him a go.
[email protected] or contact 0208530 1441 and ask for Chris. The company is Uk based and they are able to deal with large house moves as well as small ones. Perhaps if we club together for a container or two it may keep the cost down for everyone. I will certainly take his quote as my own research shows them to be a well established reputable company who keeps their profit margin small.
Best of luck and Happy Christmas all.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

OUR VISA WAS GRANTED THIS MORNING!!!!!!! YIPEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Just need to still sell the house!!

getmedownunder, see you have joined the other forum, i am Lisa d on that one!

Hope everyone is well!

Michelle, we need to enter Australia by November 2010 so i should be ok if i stay behind with the kids. We have also heard now that some schools only count the Gcse results from maths and english and no other subjects? it's so confusing!! if that is the case then as long as we sell the house we may all go together. We have been in touch with Brighton High and we are very impressed with them so we may well try to rent a house in there catchment area.

Well back to work and christmas shopping!!!!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Mojosnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a thought for everyone having spoken to my mate who did all this five years ago and is loving it.
Keep all your receipts for the visas, moving, etc. You may be able to claim some of it against tax when we get out there. Depends whick accountant you talk to but certainly worth taking with you and asking the question!
He has just managed to get a big chunk of cash back from the tax man.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

michelle6266 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news lisa, yes Brighton high has a good rep, thats where we want to be, It would be great if you can get there together, its funny, we're excited yet its coming very close now our flights are on the 18th march it will soon be here.
Get a price from Southall travel we've had a very good price £1697. for the 4 of us. Catch up soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.