Sapol April 2010

Old Nov 25th 2009, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice
Default Re: Sapol April 2010

Originally Posted by michelle6266
Hi everyone, horrah just had our visa's granted now it all begins good luck to you all
WELL DONE MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!:thumbsup :

On another note we had a viewer for the house last night...............:fingerscrosse d:
Old Nov 25th 2009, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

michelle6266 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lisa, thanks cant believe it, for your viewing tomorrow, it was'nt even two-three weeks before we had the reply, their on the ball, have you sent yours yet?, going to book our flights very soon, had a very good price today £1672 for the four of us for the 15th of march, not bad hey.
Speak to you soon.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Getmedownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Michelle, congratulations on getting your visa's granted. FANTASTIC NEWS !! .

May I ask which airline you got that quote from?
Old Nov 25th 2009, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi , the quote was flying with cathay pacific on the 15th of march, it was with flight centre , from heathrow via hong kong, tel number 02088436893.
Great price is'nt it its the cheapest we've had and it doesn't differ much with dates around that time, we are three adults one child,(15 year old is an adult price and 10 year old is a child).
Good luck with your visas are you ready to send yours yet?.
would'nt it be great if we were all on the same flights,
speak to you all soon.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michelle6266
Hi , the quote was flying with cathay pacific on the 15th of march, it was with flight centre , from heathrow via hong kong, tel number 02088436893.
Great price is'nt it its the cheapest we've had and it doesn't differ much with dates around that time, we are three adults one child,(15 year old is an adult price and 10 year old is a child).
Good luck with your visas are you ready to send yours yet?.
would'nt it be great if we were all on the same flights,
speak to you all soon.
Sadly due to my OH's work commitments and responsibilities we can't leave for Oz until March 27th. We rang a few weeks ago and were quoted through Flight Centre flying with Cathay P from Manchester to Adelaide via Heathrow and Hong Kong at £589 each, leaving Mar 28th. That's flying on the first weekend of Easter Hols too so not bad either. Did you get extra baggage allowance with Cathay?

We are still waiting on our police checks which we expect should arrive anyday now. L has put together quite a dossier of de facto evidence that we need certifying and witnessing by a solicitor. Should get all that sorted in the next week or so.

I've had a few texts from others today saying they've had their visas! They are coming back pretty quick at the moment!

Last edited by Getmedownunder; Nov 26th 2009 at 12:07 am.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

we had all our documents id by a police officer that we knew saved us a couple of pounds , it all adds up , no i didnt ask for extra baggage but will do when we book them ,is it expensive for extra baggage? its a shame your wife is committed with work ,the time difference it will be had going straight to work, but hey dont worry got loads of time to catch up.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

I did read that police officers and teachers etc can certify most documents. L and I are engaged to be married so we don't have a certificate to show we are a couple. The de facto requires you to show evidence of living together for atleast 1 year, of a long and lasting relationship to the exclusion of all others and to demonstrate a joint commitment financially. We've evidenced this in the form of sworn statements by family and friends, copies of bank statements, photographs of holidays, travel itineraries for past holidays, wedding invitations, Xmas cards in our joint names, even a copy of the receipt for the engagement ring... I could go on. Like I say it's quite a dossier. We probably gone over top with it but we just want to be sure.

We are also in the process of opening a bank account with Commonwealth Bank. We have to send them proof of address in Uk and this can only be certified by a solicitor so we thought we'd do the lot in one go.

I have no idea how much extra baggage costs but there are offers out there to be had with Qantas. HiFx I think have such an offer with Qantas for simply opening a money transfer account. You've got a great quote with Cathay P, I'd see if you can haggle the extra baggage with Flight Centre! Let me know how you get on.

At the moment, my last shift is looking like Mar 17th over here when I've used up all my leave entitlement. I should get a full month's salary for March with that and I get 3 and a bit weeks off work in all before I start at Fort Largs Academy.

We are so excited about this move. Our lives have been on hold for last 2 years waiting. We could not plan anything like weddings, new house, children, new cars etc. Our lives have all been geared towards emigration to Oz! Not long left now!

S
Old Nov 26th 2009, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: Sapol April 2010

.... while I remember.

Has anyone heard about a website called Moving Planet. I think it's URL is www.movingplanet.net

I have been told that huge discounts are available for migrants on one-way flight to Oz, as well as extra baggage, car hire and rental properties. I've also been told you need to obtain a PIN number to access the site. I can't seem to find anything about it on google search and the above web link doesn't connect. Sounds a bit freemason like to me. Ha!

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Never heard of that website, your life sounds like its just about to begin, what a great start for you both, hope its all you hope for, and what a great place to get married, start a family etc.
We've been checking out more flights today again for the 15th of march with southhall travel £1645 a little less than the last quote, same flights i think still via honk kong, not sure about the 6 hour stop in hong kong, not long enough to go anywhere but to long sitting around, we were there in may and had a 5 hour wait in the stop over, you might as well be flying as your only sitting around at the airport, 1 hour looking around then a coffee and just waiting then, thats probally why its a good price.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

We looked at Qantas flying from Heathrow. 4hr stop in Singapore £626 each. If we can get extra baggage that seems a good offer to us.

The answer to Movingplanet query came courtesy of British Expats postings. It seems the site mysteriously stopped working in July and has not worked again since.

Michelle, your so right about Oz. The same applies to everyone going. We loved the country when we visited. It's such a great lifestyle.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Ozzie Nude is an unknown quantity at this point

This sounds like a freindly forum..........I can't wait for our migration to Australia.
What are people doing in relation to pre-course get togethers etc etc.

Personally, I think it is a great idea that we all meet up in Aus, perhaps at one of our houses for drinks. Who knows where that might take us......?

We have everthing in place in relation our migration, all toys and gizmos packed. Really, really can't wait to meet ( and see!) you all!

Ozzie N
Old Nov 29th 2009, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi ozzie n, Great name by the way, yes it would be fab to all try and meet up, maybe you guys in the training camp can sort a day out, as it will be quite difficult not knowing were everyone is, glad your plans are all going ok, have you sent your visas off yet ?, we had ours back last week sometime, now our passports have gone to get the visas added on them it only took two weeks after sending to have them granted, how exciting it all is, have you a preferred location ?, we hope to be around Glenelg, Brighton, to live and work i suppose up to a 40 mins traveling tops.

Hi Lisa how are you all doing ? Did you have any luck with the house after ?,
Hope your ok.

Hi getmedownunder how are your plans going ? ok i hope.

Speak to you all soon.
Michelle and Darren.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Hi Guys

Great idea for a meet up,if i don't make it over until July then can we have another meet up????!!!

Hi Michelle

we sent our visa stuff this morning!!!! Andy is tracking it every hour on the hour!! i bet he won't sleep tonight!!!

We have had 2 viewers for the house, the 1st ones loved it but their buyer has just withdrawn and the 2nd couple liked it and it's on their shortlist, but they need a buyer. After christmas we are going to reduce it bit by bit until someones buys it, even if it means we go to Oz with nothing. We will just have to start over again.

How's things with you?? i need my hair cut and highlights done, it's a shame we don't live nearer to each other as i would come to you now before we get to Adelaide!!! i can't wait to meet you, i feel like i know you already!!
you will like getmedownunder and his lovely partner, they are really nice.

We have met some really nice people so far and a couple we met on out interview day have their visa's and are leaving on the 29th Dec and are island hoping in Asia for 7 weeks before heading to Adelaide!!!!! how lovely!! (getmedownunder you know who i mean!!) NOT that i am jelous!!!! much!!!

Take care folks and keep posting!!

love Lisa xxxx
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa

Great news on the Visa App. We are not far behind now.

We've had another quote from a removal firm; Fox Relocations have quoted us £2282. That's compared with GB Liners £1735 and Anglo Pacific £2200. However, Anglo Pacific on hearing of GB Liners' quote have come back with a lower figure - £1928 which seems to be a good offer given the package they offer.

oh and you and Andy are absolutely lovely too, 'ya flamin soppy Sheila!!'

Only 129 days left until we all start at Fort Largs Academy!

S + L
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi there, yes it would be great to all meet, and its a shame you dont live closer, but hey we will hopefully all meet the other side, getmedownunder, them quotes are really good we used gb liners great people, but ours have cost £3590, so them quotes are great.

Booked our flights monday 18th march £1695 for the 4 of us with cathay pacific via hong kong, my sons not to happy about the date as its his birthday that day, 6 hour wait in hong kong but very good price, our passports have gone to get the visas added to them.

Hey lisa when we had our visa approval it said we had to travel by
June dont know if that will be the same for you?.

Anyway speak soon, and lisa your my first client.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.