Sapol April 2010

Old Apr 14th 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sapol April 2010

Wheres everyone gone! This thread was buzzing and now its dead?????

JOHN
Old Apr 14th 2010, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Getmedownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

John

Your post has reminded me to come on here and place a brief post to let those interested know what I heard last week. I'm on the SAPOL April course and last week we had a seminar from the Police Association who told us that they had persuaded the SA Gov't that more police officers were required. They bragged that they had agreed a recruitment of a further 300 officer's. No guarantee that the UK will be sourced for some recruits but the senior management seemed to think it was likely that some UK recruitment was inevitable!

Bit of hope for those hoping to make the leap.

S
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

Davy2Win is an unknown quantity at this point

S

Your post has given me some hope. I went through the process last year but was not accepted as I had an outstanding complaint against me. This has now been dealt with. As you can probably imagine i have been checking the web site on a daily basis and also recontacted SAPOL for any information regarding new recruiting but they were not very forthcoming with their reply, so this thread has given myself and my family renewed hope that we shall all be flying down under.

Please if you hear anything else then please place on a thread as this would be great.

Many Thanks

David

Your post has reminded me to come on here and place a brief post to let those interested know what I heard last week. I'm on the SAPOL April course and last week we had a seminar from the Police Association who told us that they had persuaded the SA Gov't that more police officers were required. They bragged that they had agreed a recruitment of a further 300 officer's. No guarantee that the UK will be sourced for some recruits but the senior management seemed to think it was likely that some UK recruitment was inevitable!

S[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Hi
I'm still here!

I am not leaving the UK until 29th June, when Tom has finished his GCSE'S.

My hubby loves it out there and has had a trip to Port Lincoln where we will be living and he took loads of photo's and it looks lovely.

Hopeful news about the extra 300 officers! if i hear anything through my husband i will post on here as well.

Not heard much from Michelle but i think she has been busy.

How are you getmedownunder?how's L?
Please reply as we can't give up on this topic!!

all the best Lisa xx
Old Apr 15th 2010, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Getmedownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sun-Worshipper!

How are you doing hunny? It's S's other half here from Sunny Adelaide! It's a beautiful place L, but we are really missing you! I can't wait to see you out here! How are you finding things back in the U.K? Are you living with your parents? How are the children? Are you still working?

We all met up at the Palais and it was very strange, as the last time we were all together it was in London. We were chatting about the 'fitness test' and how we were the 'cheer-leaders'! I did miss you and I think A is too!

A told us about the house and it does sound fantastic. Port Lincoln is meant to be one of the nicest country locations to live. S and I think you will be very happy there.

The schools open here on Monday, I've done all the courses, so hopefully I'll be able to visit all the schools next week! I can't wait to do some relief teaching! Apparently it is quite difficult to secure a permanent post out here. But I'll do my best!

You haven't got long now, only a month to go! You must come and see us when you arrive? Are you going to be here for the graduation ceremony? How's Michelle getting on? I haven't met her yet!

Keep smiling sending lots of love and hugs from Down Under!

L xxx
Old Apr 17th 2010, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Hi L!
I'm fine thanks! how are you?? yes, living with my parents and kids ok! although lots of arguments over revision (lack of!) with Tom but he is putting 100% in now. Adam still very very unhappy about leaving and is threatening to run away before we fly. (just trying to hire a bodyguard!) ad Izzy keeps thinking we are leaving in one sleep! (i wish)

I'm glad you all had a good time at the palais, Michelle didn't go as she moved into her new house that day. (i'm friends with her on facebook) It's a shame really because it was an ideal oppertunity to meet people, never mind.

I think Andy may have been drunk when he told you about the goverment house!! ha ha! it's actually not that great to be honest. It only has one living room and a tiny kitchen and dining room. It also only has one bathroom which will be a nightmare for us as we had two in our old house and we really needed them! It also has four bedrooms but it's classed as a three bed with study and the rooms are not too big and none of them have any built in wardrobes so that's another big expense for us.
On the plus side it's in a nice location, rent is $150 per week and is facing the sea. Also we don't pay council tax or water rates so it's a good oppertunity to try and save some money. I know i sound ungrateful but i was hoping for a bigger living space and something more modern but Port Lincoln isn't flush with goverment propertys apparentely. It's an old fasioned house with lots of sliding doors and is not open plan. Although a lot of people have said that's a good thing as open plan living is very noisy. Because of the size we also have no room for people to stay if we had visitors, which is a shame. The living room would be a living room/playroom/study!! so not much space left!!
We have not been officially offered it yet and when we do (if it's still available) we can decline it but it may go against us and we might be asked to find our own private rental and we will have to pay for everything! which would defeat going country. So we will probably accept it.

Good luck with the job hunting!! i'm sure you will find something soon, although not too soon would be nice for you i'm sure!!

I wish i only had a month to go!!! we fly in 10 weeks on Tues 29th June, landing in Adelaide on the 1st July and i can't wait!!! i would love it if i could be at the passing out graduation but sadly will still be stuck here. If anyone has a video camera it would be great to video and maybe i could watch it!!

Keep in touch and say hi to S, Andy said the teaching at the academy is terrible! hope S is ok!

love Lisa xxxxxx
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

How is everyone?? xxxxxxxxxxx
Old May 26th 2010, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Hi Folks,

Any news on re-recruitment from the UK

David
Old Jun 14th 2010, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

richie-318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sapol 2011

Hi

I heard a rumor over the weekend that Sapol are going to recruit again in 2011.

This came from UK PC who know's a PC in SAPOL.

Anyone heard the same or know if there is any truth in it?
Old Jun 14th 2010, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Davy2Win
Hi Folks,

Any news on re-recruitment from the UK

David
David see my post today heard a rumour over the weekend.

Rich
Old Jun 15th 2010, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Richie,

Thats great news, better a rumour than no rumours at all. Rumours, i find are usually true.

Well heres hoping.

David
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Getmedownunder
John

S
John

An further update on this?

Rich
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light

How are you all doing in the SA police? Its been very quiet in here!

JOHN
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Everyone is doing ok. Everybody seems to like it and has settled ok. The other wags have found work and are busy. Michelle's kids seem to be ok. Mine are ok, they like their new school which is good. My husband is settling into the country way of life. Port Lincoln is pretty and the people here are very friendly. People have time for each other and the traffic is awful! not! cannot get used to getting to your destination in 5 mins! there is just no traffic jams at all. The weather has been awful just lately but before it changed it was nice during the day, you always have to wear sunglasses even in winter as it's so bright. We have had some nice days out exploring different areas and beaches on our doorstep. Fishery bay is gorgeous as is Coffin bay and Tumby bay is a favourite of mine. I am terribly homesick at the moment but it is probably just a time thing and hopefully i will feel better soon, especially when summer comes. Living in the country is not for everyone, it's very quiet and very different from home. If i could chose again i would of probably chosen Metro. For anyone at home who is desperate to get to Oz, please look at what you have at home, family, friends, work, your own home etc and don't take it all for granted, i never thought i would miss the little things so much, i knew i would miss my friends but i never imagined i would feel so miserable without them. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener xxxxxx
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Good or bad move then? Cant really tell????

JOHN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.