Sapol April 2010

Old Jan 29th 2010, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

michelle6266 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sapol April 2010

Hi everyone,
hope you all have a great time on the 30th, wish we could come, never mind we'll meet soon .

How are you all going about renting a house ?, my minds gone now with trying to sort things out, most agents want you to veiw in person which is obviously the best, but trying to arrange schools , houses, we are going to be very busy when we get there.

Lisa everything still going well with your house sale ?, hope so, , my children are so excited now, they just want to leave, wished we booked an earlier flight now, but never mind.

Just booked a leaving party, its gone from a little family party to a big deal, and we are having it a couple of days before we go,it will be a good send off for the kids.

Hope your all ok, speak soon.
MICHELLE AND DARREN.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 4:17 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

This site might be of intrest, to some of you on here.
http://www.sascan.net.au/
It is the emergency services, radio network.......you can listen in and see how busy your going to be .hope it works for you......cheers mm
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Hi Michelle
We did not make the 30th, long story but we ended up with no babysitter so we had to let Scott and Louise down which we were gutted about. We were really looking forward to going and we had the shippers in at the begining of the week which was quite stressful!!!!!!! it's weird watching all your goods being packed up!!! We were looking forward to letting our hair down on the 30th and having a nice night out. (sorry again S + L)

There is a meet up in Adelaide on the 6th April at Semaphore so hopefully we can all met up and have a nice time, although at the last count i think there is about 100 people or so going!!!!!!!!!! We might not be able to find each other!

We have not really looked at places to stay when we land yet because we are waiting for the house sale to go through 1st so we know if we are all going together or not. Andy has friends to stay with if he's on his own but there is not enough room for all 5 of us, so we will wait to see 1st.

My eldest and youngest are both very excited now but my middle one still does not want to go.

I hope your leaving party goes ok! we are thinking about going for a meal with family and we have some nights out with various friends, myself with my friends and workmates and Andy with his!!

How's everyone coping with actually leaving?? i can't stop thinking about how upsetting everything will be, nights out, leaving work, kids leaving school and then actually leaving! not looking forward to it at all.

Take care everyone and keep in touch
love Lisa xxxx
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Hi Lisa, sorry to hear your night out did'nt happen, GUTTING , thats the problem when you have children, dont go to plan that often, its sounds like a big meet up the other side, will be good to go though, but as you say when you dont know who's who, difficult.

Hope the house sale is going to plan, removals very stressful, and yes as far us leaving, we have 5 weeks and a couple of days left, very excited, but a little nervous naturally, my only worry is my dad, he's not to well, and I suppose I feel a little guilty, but I know he'll be ok , i'm 1 of 5 children, and he re-married last year, so he has plenty of people around him, I know we are doing the right thing, especially for my children, and I hope Darren and myself will benefit , more family time.

I started to think you had all gone already, no one has been on the forum for a couple of week's, so good to hear from some-one .

Speak to you soon.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi lisa, How are you all doing ?, its very quiet on this website at the moment, everyones busy with the move.

Have you decided to go the same time as you oh ?, hope you do we will have to catch up some how, mind you the first few weeks are going to be mad, house hunting, school enrolling, buying 2 cars, etc...

Hi Scott and L , how are you doing ?, when are you flying out ?, and where are you staying when you first get there ?, have you decided where your going to live yet ?, questions questions, its getting exciting now, its 5 weeks today that we fly omg.

Hope to speak to you all soon.
Michelle and Darren.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again, Lisa you mentioned there was a big meet up on the 6th april at the Semaphore, where and what is that.?.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Hi Michelle

I think everyone is busy, so much to do and think about!! i keep changing my mind about staying and going but i think we will all go together. Tom keeps telling me he wants us all to go together and he will give Oz two years even if he does not like it and at least he will have his SACE exam which is recognised in the UK. (in case he came back) but i worry about it all every day!! one day i am so excited and then the next day i am really worried, normal i surpose!
Our house sale is going through and we had our survey done on Monday so just waiting to hear about that, then we should have a date to exchange contracts. Had a terrible time recently with my parents (long story) but it came to a head last week and now it seems to be sorted and everything ok for now.
I have looked at places to stay when we land but until house sale goes through and we book our flights i am not going to book anything.
The meet at Semaphore is on the 6th April at 2pm at the semaphore palais
www.palais.com.au they come recommended for food. At the moment there is about 100 people going!!!!!!!! it's from 2pm onwards.
Are you excited Michelle???? have you had any doubts creeping in???

Hi Scott and Louise, how are you both??? busy busy i surpose!! hope your both ok!

Keep in touch everyone!
P.s If anyone wants to keep in touch via facebook then i am Lisa Derbyshire, send me a friend request and i will accept you.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Hi Lisa, yes everyones busy lots to do, i have,nt had doubts about going, but I just hope the children are happy, but my emotions are every where, my dads really sad, and hes not that well ,so im worried about leaving him, but im one of five children, and he got married last year, so he has plenty of people around him, but i,m a daddy's girl ah.

Like you we said we will give it 2 years, hopefully we would settle down, if not come home.

I'll add you to facebook later, it would be good to keep in touch, I wish you were posted by us Lisa, I think we would have been good friends, but we can still keep in touch, if you come out with oh shall we meet up with the kids somewhere, my children are having a month off school as its easter hols 2 weeks after we arrive , its easier to start a new term, mind you we can not register them in a school until we get there, we have to be in the catchment area's, do you mind me asking how much the private schools were.

Well i'd better get the children ready for school, i'll facebook you later.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi Michelle

The fees at St Joseph's school in Port Lincoln are;

$5555 per year for Tom and Adam, one in year 11 and one in year 9. If i put Isabel in when she starts school then it would be $6940 per year for all three, which we feel is good value. It looks a nice school and seems to do well. Have a look at www.myschool.edu.au put in the name of the school and you can see the results of the school and how it compares with the australian standards of education, i think it's similar to our ofstead results and is very interesting. We had a look at Port Lincoln High but it was below the average in every department so the kids are not going there!!

It is a shame we are not going to be living near each other as i too believe we would stay friends. I have met Scott and Louise already and they are really nice people and you will like them very much! we also have such a massive thing in commen which i think helps a lot too. We will all be able to understand what we are all going through if we have a bad day etc. We will still come to Adelaide to do trips so we can all meet up and if you feel like a trip to Port Lincoln then come to us!!! i can't believe i am writing this as i sit in my empty front room in Stockport!!

My picture on facebook is of one of the gorgeous beaches in Port Lincoln!!can't wait to see it!!

S + L how are things????

bye for now
Old Feb 12th 2010, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Getmedownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Sapol April 2010

G'day everyone!

Sorry we've not been on this forum for a while, as you can imagine life is a bit hectic at the moment. Got 5-10mins now (or altleast I hope that's all it is :curse while I wait for the bloke from British Gas to turn up to service the boiler and central heating system. We've got lots of jobs that need doing around the house before we hand it over to tenants. We even bought a new cooker/oven the other day for the kitchen but can't use it because we want to keep it clean for the new occupants!! I need to get out of the house too and to local bodyshop this afternoon at some point, my car is booked in for a tidy-up before putting on for sale.

Our house is going on the rental market next week!!

Oh and Lisa, your going to give Louise and I a big head if your not careful.

Hope everything is going well with everyone, all your plans are moving along smoothly.... Ha!

I hope to meet all of you on the 6th April in Adelaide. Not long now, to think some of the new recruits+families are already there!!!!

Did anyone see Wanted Down Under Revisited today? Good one this morning with a family that moved to Adelaide.

Catch you all soon. S + L
Old Feb 12th 2010, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Scott, Good to here from you, Yes I watched wanted down under this morning, OMG poor guy heart attack due to stress , its bound to be a little stressful, sounds like you've been busy, hope to meet you the other side.

Lisa, tried to find you on face book there were loads of lisa Derbyshire, which one are you ?, If you like try and find me, Michelle Smith if you come across a picture with some one with dodgy flicks , thats me, a very old photo I must add, haha, im with a handsome bald headed man and two children.

Hope you can find me as I'm not up to much on face book yet, trying to get a hang of it
Byeeeeeeeee Mich and Dar.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

TZracer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all again, well just to advise those who didn't get into the April Course, it's official: the SAPOL Commissioner along with the Government has ceased all further UK Recruiting after that Course begins.
He stated that they have achieved the number of police made in the last election promise and there is now no need to continue the UK program.
He did mention such things as the economic downturn and the amount of the first UK recruits that left SAPOL shortly after arriving far exceeded local recruits for obvious reasons, but the later recruits are staying in longer so now they will only need to employ to fill vacancies by resignations and retirements etc.
So I suppse to those hoping on future course with SAPOL, WAPOL may be the only way now, when and if they Recruit again, unless you have another trade to use to get out to Oz.
Oh yeah, the State election is next month here and that could have something to do with the closure of the program, who really knows guys.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Getmedownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...rom=public_rss

to reaffirm Tzracers comment see above link

Last edited by Getmedownunder; Feb 14th 2010 at 5:19 am.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Just a quick update, I am now staying in the UK until July so Tom can finish his GCSE'S. We have heard back from his school in Oz and they have advised us to let him do them as they count for year 11 in Oz. To say i am dissapointed is an understatement.

But Tom comes first and if that's the best solution for him then so be it. I have always worried about him not settling in Oz and coming back to the UK with no GCSE'S so at least he will have them if he ever did come back.

I am gutted not to have the opportunity to meet up with you all in Adelaide before going to Port Lincoln, but i hope we can still keep in touch and meet at some point.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Ozzie Nude is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats a shame Sunworshipper!

Don't worry, I will personally take care of your other half while he is here.

Not long now folks, get to work on those white bits.

Finished work today, two weeks of fun in sunny old Northants before hitting the beach!

Simon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.