Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

SAPOL 60 Spouses....A support thread for wives/hubbies of those going now

SAPOL 60 Spouses....A support thread for wives/hubbies of those going now

Old Mar 7th 2005, 3:26 pm
Banned

mrsmuppet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SAPOL 60 Spouses....A support thread for wives/hubbies of those going now

Thought this might be an idea as its only 6 days now til Mr. Muppet goes and we have only had one mad woman look at the house two weeks ago!

Im beginning to get a little stressy with the thought of being on my own with no adult conversation readily available. Didnt know how much I appreciated the old codger until now!!

It seemed an idea that other pathetic wives like me would like an "e-shoulder" to sob on/winge at and generally bemoan the thought that they are suning themselves and also laugh at the fact that the academy has a zero tolerance policy on alcohol! Ha! Ha! Ha!

So, join in if you want for a little mutual support.

Love to all,
Mrs Muppet xxx
Old Mar 7th 2005, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

neil549 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SAPOL 60 Spouses....A support thread for wives/hubbies of those going now

Originally Posted by mrsmuppet
Thought this might be an idea as its only 6 days now til Mr. Muppet goes and we have only had one mad woman look at the house two weeks ago!

Im beginning to get a little stressy with the thought of being on my own with no adult conversation readily available. Didnt know how much I appreciated the old codger until now!!

It seemed an idea that other pathetic wives like me would like an "e-shoulder" to sob on/winge at and generally bemoan the thought that they are suning themselves and also laugh at the fact that the academy has a zero tolerance policy on alcohol! Ha! Ha! Ha!

So, join in if you want for a little mutual support.

Love to all,
Mrs Muppet xxx
Mrs Muppet

I don't think many people put posts on this site any more. Don't know whether you have logged on already, but most people who are going or are in the pool, or wives/husbands left behind are putting posts on another site. The address is www.******-*****.com
Have a look on that site as I think they already have a thread for other halves!!

Neil
Old Mar 8th 2005, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

gjc38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: SAPOL 60 Spouses....A support thread for wives/hubbies of those going now

Know the feeling Mrs Muppet though we do have an offer on the house so I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Not looking forward to Sunday though.... Hopefully see you at Heathrow - got your stickers ready?! I tend to use the police-forum more than this one by the way but I do check this one too!

See you

Judes
x
Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:16 am
Just Joined

ben100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SAPOL 60 Spouses....A support thread for wives/hubbies of those going now

Hello all,

Let me introduce myself, Vixster, wife of Ben100 who left on 13th to start our new life and I too have been left with animals, kids and house to sell.

Cat officially rehomed as of Friday so don't have to worry about cat hair, fur balls vomit etc on beds and furniture anymore! Goldfish will go whenever I can catch the buggers cause the pondwater is freezing! Kids are being little nightmares and want 'Daddy' (aged 2 and 4). My son aged 2 has taken to throwing tantrums, toys and furniture - depending on whats around when he doesn't get his own way.

After 2 weeks on the market we've had the first viewing - even though we're selling it for £17,000 less that it's best value! I don't understand it, when we saw a house we wnated to see we saw it next day, next viewing booked for 1st April????? Am I missing something? Anyhow 1st viewing went great, couple loved it, told me so and said they were keen to put an offer in and were casing how much interest there had been to date - shame they haven't even got their house on the market though!!!!!

To cap it all off the belongings, including very large leather sofa, I've merrily been trying to sell Ben now says we should take with us cause everything is so expensive out there. Great, I've been driving myself mad for no apparent reason!

Does this get any easier???

Please keep me sane and /or sober!

Vixster
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

gjc38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Vixter but no! I suspect the only time you will have to relax in this whole process will be o the plane journey...however with a 2 and 4year old you may not even get that!!

We're taking our furniture with us - generally it seems to be the preferred option so I'm afraid Ben is right, it's cheaper, re-buying takes a huge amount of time and effort and you have familiar things around you which is important. John Mason's were very good and I couldn't get a better quote.

Re house sale - don't think normal rhyme or reason applies to house selling!!

Try www.******-*****.com - I think most of the SAPOL crew are using this as their forum.

See you out there

Judes
x

Originally Posted by ben100
Hello all,

Let me introduce myself, Vixster, wife of Ben100 who left on 13th to start our new life and I too have been left with animals, kids and house to sell.

Cat officially rehomed as of Friday so don't have to worry about cat hair, fur balls vomit etc on beds and furniture anymore! Goldfish will go whenever I can catch the buggers cause the pondwater is freezing! Kids are being little nightmares and want 'Daddy' (aged 2 and 4). My son aged 2 has taken to throwing tantrums, toys and furniture - depending on whats around when he doesn't get his own way.

After 2 weeks on the market we've had the first viewing - even though we're selling it for £17,000 less that it's best value! I don't understand it, when we saw a house we wnated to see we saw it next day, next viewing booked for 1st April????? Am I missing something? Anyhow 1st viewing went great, couple loved it, told me so and said they were keen to put an offer in and were casing how much interest there had been to date - shame they haven't even got their house on the market though!!!!!

To cap it all off the belongings, including very large leather sofa, I've merrily been trying to sell Ben now says we should take with us cause everything is so expensive out there. Great, I've been driving myself mad for no apparent reason!

Vixster
Old Mar 21st 2005, 3:07 pm
Banned

mrsmuppet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ben100
Hello all,

Vixster

Hello Vixster

I am in exactly the same situation myself, only with one extra child! It is very frustrating when no bugger will materialise out of the woodwork and buy your house. I mean - bloody hell! Dont they know we want to be somewhere else!!!
It does get easier after a while - if nothing else at least I have sole ownership of the remote control now - AND I cancelled the Sports channels We have booked through Atlantic to do our move - very nice guy and reasonably priced for 3 bed semi. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive by a long shot. They were at the info day in February and are at www.atlanticinternationalmovers.com

A few very kind friends have offered to come round next week for a Gin & Tonic evening which I do think is highly commendable of them, even if I can't stand the stuff!

As Judes said, most of us now go to www.******-*****.com where you will find a wealth of information if not intrigue. They are a very friendly bunch who have been of great help, especially during the "down" days, so hopefully see you on there.

Mrs Muppet