Royal Caymen Police

Old May 14th 2008, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

joefitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Royal Caymen Police

Hi there,

I am aware of several items of bad press regarding the Caymen Police Service.
Despite that, can anyone offer any advice on the recruitment drives and how they are advertised - website etc
Old May 14th 2008, 11:02 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all
Default Re: Royal Caymen Police

I would ring the main number on (345) 244-2964, and ask to be put through to the officer in charge of recruitment / training (i couldn't tell you who it is now), and have a chat with them to see what the score is. The Cayman Islands government website is www.gov.ky

Its not really a long term option with 'roll over' and all, however i think it is worth doing for a couple of years for a different kind of policing experience. I had a good time, and took many good memories away with me. That being said, there are one or two expats over there from the UK who have gone up the ranks and seem to be making a career of it.

Last edited by Baz; May 14th 2008 at 11:06 pm.
Old May 15th 2008, 12:26 am
Banned

STUMPY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Caymen Police

Originally Posted by joefitz
Hi there,

I am aware of several items of bad press regarding the Caymen Police Service.
Despite that, can anyone offer any advice on the recruitment drives and how they are advertised - website etc
Several? have you been reading the local press? The top Brass are on 'special leave' - whatever that is. Police Review, that is where they advertise

Last edited by STUMPY; May 15th 2008 at 12:30 am.