Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Royal Cayman Islands Police Vacancies

Royal Cayman Islands Police Vacancies

Old Dec 28th 2011, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

golfer24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police Vacancies

Been reading alot of threads on here and also some from last year. ESTM did you decide to go in the end and if so is it better than what i have been led to believe.

I have almost 17 years in and have a boy who i would have to leave back here if i went. Does anyone know if there are direct flights and if so how much do they cost.

At my level of service i would not be going out to make any type of name for myself work wise. I really would like to have some info on the Golf Courses, Gyms memberships, Expat community and Nightclubs and Restaurants. I am single so is this the place to be for a better social life then wet and grey England.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

RSthetruth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by golfer24
Been reading alot of threads on here and also some from last year. ESTM did you decide to go in the end and if so is it better than what i have been led to believe.

I have almost 17 years in and have a boy who i would have to leave back here if i went. Does anyone know if there are direct flights and if so how much do they cost.

At my level of service i would not be going out to make any type of name for myself work wise. I really would like to have some info on the Golf Courses, Gyms memberships, Expat community and Nightclubs and Restaurants. I am single so is this the place to be for a better social life then wet and grey England.

Hi Golfer - good to see you got your priorities in order.

BA do direct flights you won't get much change from a grand for a return ticket.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 2:43 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Golfer

I see you are a nearly new member so welcome to BE.
Nice to see someone who works to live !!!
Sorry can't help re golf courses etc but I am sure someone will pop up and answer soon.

If you did decide to go over there, BA do direct flights and do a very good babysitting service for kids at no extra cost so you could have your boy visit you there - he would probably love the beaches - and Stingray city. My ex was a Caymanian and his 7 year old came over to the UK on the BA flght and was babysat for the journey - he was treated very well and loved every second of it.

All the best with whatever you decide

Dread - x
Old Dec 30th 2011, 10:47 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

There are a number of gyms, loads of restaurants and bars, a handful of nightclubs, and at least two gold courses. Those particular aspects of the island are fantastic, the quality of the restaurants and bars is very good. The social side is top notch, its very easy to make friends as the island is very transient, so there are always people coming and going, looking for people to do things with.

Only thing is you need to get a job first!
Old Jan 1st 2012, 11:58 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

But it is not a cheap place to live and hang out !

Dread - x
Old Jan 1st 2012, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

I have heard that but what are the specifics, I normally go toa local Spanish Restaurant where a steak and a couple of cokes sets me back 26 quid, so what would be the equivalent in Grand Cayman.

Do they have a Nandos as that's my other favorite place
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Tropicana90 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is obviously a major decision for yourself. Out of curiosity have you already applied to join or are you just contemplating at the moment. I contacted the recruitment department a few weeks back and unfortunately they’re not actually conducting any overseas recruitment at the moment. Although from discussions on here it appears that they do so on a relatively regular basis so hopefully it will restart again at some point in the near future.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Short fat Black rat is an unknown quantity at this point

I still haven't heard anything or even an acknowledgement back from RCIPS since i sent an email declining their request to resign. I must have really upset them! To be honest I was half expecting them to come back to me again with another offer, and with the rapid state of decline in my home force, i was kinda hoping that they would! Does anyone know anyone who is actually going on this recruitment drive?
Old Jan 4th 2012, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Still waiting to hear....
Old Jan 5th 2012, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

youre-nicked is an unknown quantity at this point

Howdy, SFBR, I got an email off them after I declined saying that they understood my reasons, with all the rejections they must be sick of replying by now!

Tropic I got your PM but cant reply as it says you dont accept e mails if u undo that then let me know or send me an e mail add & ill help as much as i can with your Q's.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by youre-nicked
Howdy, SFBR, I got an email off them after I declined saying that they understood my reasons, with all the rejections they must be sick of replying by now!

Tropic I got your PM but cant reply as it says you dont accept e mails if u undo that then let me know or send me an e mail add & ill help as much as i can with your Q's.
That's a kind offer - it is nice to see our members helping each other along - so on behalf of BE - thank you

Dread - x
Old Jan 8th 2012, 11:07 am
Just Joined

youre-nicked is an unknown quantity at this point

Howdy,
Thanks for your kind words Dread, Ill help anyone on here as much as I can, never know when i might need some help in return
Old Jan 9th 2012, 7:34 am
Just Joined

frustratedModPlod is an unknown quantity at this point

Still waiting!! Think it's safe to say my application was rejected and shreaded
Old Jan 10th 2012, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by frustratedModPlod
Still waiting!! Think it's safe to say my application was rejected and shreaded
Nice of 'em to let you know one way or the other modplod - how very rude of them !! Sorry it didn't seem to go your way but don't give up, there is always next time.

Dread - x
Old Jan 10th 2012, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

frustratedModPlod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Nice of 'em to let you know one way or the other modplod - how very rude of them !! Sorry it didn't seem to go your way but don't give up, there is always next time.

Dread - x
To be fair, they did say that if my application was un-succesfull, then I would not hear anything. So it's safe to assume it was so and I'll not apply if they recruit again..... Too many horror stories on here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.