British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Royal Cayman Islands Police Vacancies (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/royal-cayman-islands-police-vacancies-732581/)

dreadsoc Mar 11th 2012 1:30 pm

Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police Vacancies

Originally Posted by frustratedModPlod (Post 9947096)
Yes I am. Plod Modding in the garden of England :blink: :p

Well I guess the South is at least a bit warmer than if you were posted in Scotland - but not quite as warm as the Caymans !

If you are based in Pompey - then that is most certainly NOT the 'garden of England' - not Somerstown, Portsea or Buckland anyway !!!! :D :rofl:

I did a series of Fire Investigation courses at your HQ in Weathersfield a few years ago - rather in the middle of nowhere but enjoyable all the same on account of a cheap bar and some good folk on the same course. It was a bit like a Pompey reunion though as a load of Pompey coppers retired and joined the mod plod, and they were all there!!!

Good luck whatever you decide to do

Dread - x

frustratedModPlod Mar 11th 2012 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by dreadsoc (Post 9947106)
Well I guess the South is at least a bit warmer than if you were posted in Scotland - but not quite as warm as the Caymans !

If you are based in Pompey - then that is most certainly NOT the 'garden of England' - not Somerstown, Portsea or Buckland anyway !!!! :D :rofl:

I did a series of Fire Investigation courses at your HQ in Weathersfield a few years ago - rather in the middle of nowhere but enjoyable all the same on account of a cheap bar and some good folk on the same course. It was a bit like a Pompey reunion though as a load of Pompey coppers retired and joined the mod plod, and they were all there!!!

Good luck whatever you decide to do

Dread - x

LOL!! Not based at Pompey... did do 2 weeks on the boat section during my probation, that was fun.

Sadly the beer at the "Moon Bar" is now the same price as the high street!! :thumbdown:

dreadsoc Mar 11th 2012 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by frustratedModPlod (Post 9947166)
LOL!! Not based at Pompey... did do 2 weeks on the boat section during my probation, that was fun.

Sadly the beer at the "Moon Bar" is now the same price as the high street!! :thumbdown:

How absolutely and utterly OUTRAGEOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!! (beer prices that is not you being in Pompey)

Dread - x

Noom Apr 13th 2012 3:48 am

Originally Posted by JB 375 (Post 9844223)
Hello all,
I'm new to posting on this site but have kept an eye on it for a while and would like to offer my thoughts for those thinking of coming out to Cayman.
I've been out here with my family for 16 months, having visited several times before and I did just short of 9 years in the Uk Police.
It is a very different way of life and work but for me the positives vastly out weigh the negatives.
I'm not going to try and answer other negative comments as everyone has had their own experiences but if anyone has a question they would like answered, post or PM me and I'll do my best to answer.
To those that are waiting for replies from HR please keep pestering them - it will be good training should you decide to come out!

Hi!
Im new to the site and Ive been reading all the comment about working for the RCIPS. Basically, my bf and I are interested to go and work in CI. Hes a police detective and I will be graduating in Criminology soon. We have no kids and we are just looking for an experience. I have a few questions tha remain however. Even with the recent changes, are the work contract with the RCIPS still 2 yrs? Also, Ive been researching on the internet to know if I will be able to find a job there in my field...even if I just graduated. My internship was in Drug Addictions...but Im pretty well rounded in various criminology fields.
As for my bf, its easier for him since he has lots of experience and can get a break for 1 or 2 years.
Finally, I know there's a lot of negative comments about working and living in CI...but it cant be that aweful, can it? Theres corruption everywhere...especially where we live right now (QC).

Last question...has anyone worked in Australia? I read that you need to be a citizen to work in their police force. Is there any way around that? And how about foreign criminologists?

Thank you all for clearing things for me :)